Day 47

2013, Year of Us

Saturday February 16th, 2013

“Listen,” Jongin told her when he had arrived to come pick her up. “When we get to the airport, there will be a lot of cameras and reporters.” He had opted for choosing one of his various drivers to take them to the airport rather than leaving his car there for the entire week. “Just stick by my side and don’t pay attention to them.”

“Okay.” Having the family she did, Yu-ki was no stranger to reporters. Walking down the street in Guangzhou without getting her picture taken was a rare occurance. Over the years, she had grown to be immune to the calls of photographers. It seems moving to Korea hadn’t changed a thing.

 

Yu-ki and Jongin met up with the other four at the airport. They were all tense and looked thoroughly annoyed with the amount of people surrounding them. Yu-ki knew from experience that this was the calm before the storm. The second they stepped through the doors, camera flashes would blind them. Yu-ki walked in the front wanting to bring the attention away from her friends so they could walk freely. When she walked past the door, at first she was overwhelmed by the amount of people. Never before had she attracted that many reporters at once. Pausing for a moment, she only remembered to walk after Jongin grabbed her hand.

              

“Yooki! How are you coping after your accident?”

“Jongin, what do you think about your father’s merging with Choi Corp.?”

              

The reporters continued to attack them with their questions, as she walked calmly not paying them attention.

              

“Do you have plans to take over your parent’s business after you graduate?”

“Are you aware of your company’s current situation?”

              

The entire group continued to ignore their presence as if they weren’t there. Yu-ki however, was secretly listening to their every question.

 

“Could you please tell us your thoughts on your mother’s new Fall/Winter line?”

“Have you been to the new club that opened in Tokyo?”

“When is your family going to reveal your younger brother?”

“Do you have thoughts about expanding the company overseas?”

“What do you have to say to the people who say you were all bought into school?”

 

Yu-ki knew that the others were born into well off families, but she never knew it was to such an extent. It was slightly terrifying to know that the journalists knew more about her friend’s lives than she did. It wasn’t long after that the airport security ushered the reporters away leaving them to check in in peace. Just a three hour plane ride until she was going to be in Hong Kong, one train ride away from her father.

 

Landing in Hong Kong was uneventful. They were free of waiting reporters and were able to make it to their hotel without a hitch.

“Yooki, you’re going to be our translator from now on.” Jongin told her. “None of us understand Chinese.” To that statement, Jongdae shouted.

“Hey! What about me?”

“As Jongin said,” Kyungsoo joked. “You’re the only one that understands Chinese.” While they joked, Yu-ki noticed two people with strained expressions. She couldn’t help but repeat the reporters’ earlier questions in her head.

 

“Baekhyun! Could you please tell us your thoughts on your mother’s new Fall/Winter line?”

“Chanyeol, have you been to the new club that opened in Tokyo?”

 

 

 

Not 100% satisfied with this chapter, but since I need to get this out, this is as good as it's gonna get for now.