Day 44

2013, Year of Us

Wednesday February 13th, 2013

“Kris?” Yu-ki knocked on his door slightly before slipping in. her brother looked up from the papers he was marking and smiled at her.

“Yeah?” he asked as she shuffled to sit on the edge of his bed.

“Umm,” Yu-ki hesitated. “The guys are going to Hong Kong next week for reading week,” she continued.

“Uh huh, and are you going with them?” Kris replied getting back to his marking.

“If you let me.” Yu-ki looked down at her hands.

“Why are you asking me?” Kris wondered.

“Because you’re my older brother and I need your permission?” Yu-ki spoke confusedly.

“Since when did you ask for permission to travel?” Kris laughed loudly. That confused her even more. “You haven’t asked for permission to do anything since the move. Much less from me. There was that one time when you got on a plane and flew to Vancouver by yourself without telling your father.”

“I did that?” she asked curiously. Yu-ki was known to be spontaneous at times, but she would never pull something like that without a valid reason.

“Yeah, you packed a bag, took a cab and went to the airport. You can imagine the shock on the attendants faces when a thirteen year old pulled out her credit card asking for the next flight to Vancouver.” Kris explained with a smile on his face.

“I had a credit card?” That was all Yu-ki was able to process. She didn’t want to think of the reasons for running away.

“Three.” Yu-ki instantly got up and ran to her room to find her purse. Quickly locating her wallet, there she found the three credit cards Kris had mentioned as well as her student ID card, BC Health Card and her two Driver’s Licences. One from Guangzhou, and one from Seoul. Going through her purse again, she pulled out her car keys. Presumably the one she had gotten in an accident in.

“Kris!” she shouted once again. “Where’s my car now? You know the one that crashed.”

“Oh yeah, it’s in the shop. You should go pick it up.” Yu-ki gave him a moment to think that through. “Wait, scratch that, remind me to pick it up for you tomorrow.” He shouted back. Walking back to his room, she placed the keys on his table.

“You have my permission by the way.” Kris looked up patting her head. “You can go to Hong Kong with the guys. But if anything happens to you, I am so going to kill them.” Yu-ki smiled and hugged her brother.

“Of course. What sort of brother would you be if you didn’t?”

 

 

Not sure if everyone knows what reading week is, but it's March break for univeristy students but in February (we don't get March break). I don't know how the schooling system works in Korea, so I will be basing it off the Canadian one.