Day 10

2013, Year of Us

Thursday January 10th, 2013

As expected, Jongin showed up at her front door without fail to pick her up for school. By now, Yu-ki was getting used to it, and was already dressed and ready to go. Granted, she still wasn’t happy about it, but it was nice to have a routine in her otherwise unfamiliar life.

Since being released from the hospital, Yu-ki hasn’t been making much progress with her memories. She had met countless people in the span of three days, all of them claiming to be close friends of hers. Considering the fact that none of them even knew of her state, Yu-ki thinks otherwise.

Wandering the halls again, this time with permission from Jongin, she explored the building before running into someone. Literally. Rounding the corner, she collided with someone else sending her tumbling to the ground.

“Oh, shoot.” They said. Unlike herself, they had managed to stay on their feet. “I wasn’t looking where I was going.” He helped her up. Yu-ki got a good look at their face. “Oh, hey Yooki.” The stranger said with a wave. “How are you feeling? I heard about the amnesia.” He continued. With that one sentence she already knew he was a friend. Yu-ki had heard that claim multiple times already. Different from the others before him, she knew it to be true.

“Do Kyungsoo.” She smiled, it was the other male in that photo with Chanyeol. His name rolled off her tongue easily, familiarly.

“You remember hyung?” Yu-ki turned around. Jongin was walking towards them. “Are you remembering things?” he said excitedly. “That’s great! Though I am a bit hurt you remember him and not me. I am your best friend.” Jongin joked throwing an arm around her shoulders. She wanted to tell him that she was still nowhere near remembering things and that she only knew him because of that picture but of course, she couldn’t. She just continued to smile as the two chatted. Another piece of the puzzle that she called life was complete.