Day 106

2013, Year of Us

Tuesday April 16th, 2013

It didn’t occur to Yu-ki, until now, just how much she came to depend on her friends. Ever since she gained consciousness, she was rarely left alone by her friends. Even while in Vancouver, her friends would still check in and make sure she was doing alright. But now, with the stress of exams, everybody had abandoned her to focus on studying, or at the very least, their version of studying.

Although Yu-ki was more of an indoors person anyways, she was going stir crazy. It had only been three days, but with the added stress of everything going on, it felt like a lifetime. Her brother and Minseok were also at work and therefore unable to entertain her for the time being. She could head to campus, but it was most likely flooded with students doing some last minute cramming. Besides, she would just end up wandering around and eventually making her way home anyways. Yu-ki had found comfort in taking a stroll around the park, but as Lu Han had told her many months ago, there was a movie being filmed in the park and to go would be asking to be bombarded with questions from reporters.

Deciding that anything is better than being stuck at home, Yu-ki grabbed her jacket, camera, and laptop and headed out. With no particular destination in mind she ended up exploring the neighbourhood, something that she never had the time to do. Yu-ki was pretty familiar with the surrounding area of the university, so she opted to travel in the opposite direction.

After walking for a while, Yu-ki spotted a coffee shop and decided to stop by. As she was waiting for her drink, the bell on the door rang and instinctively Yu-ki looked towards the entrance. The person looked familiar and it took Yu-ki a second to recognize who it was. It was a reporter who she recognized as the one who asked about Jongin’s brother back at the airport when they were departing for Hong Kong. Thinking quickly, Yu-ki sat down at the closest table and turned her back to the reporter.

“Can I help you?” Yu-ki was so focused on not getting spotted that she didn’t realize that there was already someone sitting at that table. Across from her with his books spread out was Oh Sehun.

Yu-ki opened and closed a few times before stuttering out a quiet sorry. “I’ll leave in a bit. Just need to hide from someone.”

Looking behind Yu-ki, Sehun saw the reporter and gave a short nod before turning back to his work. After a minute of waiting, the reporter finally got her drink and left. Making sure the coast was clear, Yu-ki got up and turned to Sehun.

“Thanks,” She said quietly. Sehun just nodded without looking up. “And sorry.”

“You already apologized.” He said tonelessly.

“Not for that, for earlier. See you around Oh Sehun.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N]: Sehun speaks! Not exactly what I had in mind for his first introduction, but I didn't want to push back his official introduction any longer.