Day 41

2013, Year of Us

and it's back. more unicorn vomit! for those that forgot, red is Mandarin, green is English, and purple is Cantonese. And another note, italics denotes the person on the phone speaking.

Sunday February 10th, 2013

"Hello" Yu-ki looked at her brother curiously as he spoke into the phone.

Kris Wu Yifan!” the voice screeched on the other end. There was only one person that it could be.

“Hi mom,” he said holding the phone away from his ear.

“How could you not tell me that my precious daughter was in an accident? I left her in your care, and I expected you to do a better job than this!” their mother continued.

“Yes, mother, happy new year to you too.” Kris rolled his eyes as Yu-ki giggled, she could hear her shouts clearly.

“The next time I see you,” she fumed. “Now put my baby on.” Kris handed the phone to his sister grumbling to himself. Their mother always did dote on the younger sibling more.

“Hi mom.” Yu-ki smiled. “Happy new year to you.”

“My baby, are you okay? How are you? I heard you have amnesia? Are you adjusting well?” Their mother fussed over her, asking questions non-stop.

“I’m fine mom. Well, physically I’m fine. Everything else,” she trailed off, “But I’m managing.”

“Of course you are. You were always the strong one. I love you.”

“Love you too.” Yu-ki whispered. “Miss you lots.”

"Miss you too baby. Come visit soon okay.”

Yu-ki held back tears as she hung up. She hadn’t realized it, but she missed her mother a lot. It hurt even more knowing that she was alone at home.

“Kris!” Yu-ki yelled, “Is dad’s home number still the same?”

“How should I know?” Kris responded shortly. “Like he’s ever there, you’re better off calling the office.” Dialing the number she had memorized as a child, she waited for the familiar voice.

"Li Kwok Yeung’s office.”

“Ah, Daniel?” Yu-ki spoke hesitantly. “This is Yu-ki. Is my dad there?” Daniel was her father’s secretary and personal assistant. He had been hired when the company just started out and Yu-ki considered him part of the family.

“I’m sorry Kiki, but he’s in a meeting right now. Did you want him to call back?”

“No, it’s okay. I don’t want to take him away from his work. Just tell him happy New Year. Kris do you have anything you want to tell dad?” she called in the direction of his room.

“No. I have nothing to say to him.” The response was angrier than she expected.

“Okay then, tell dad happy new year from the both of us then Daniel.”

“Alright, I’ll pass on your message. Happy new you to you guys as well.” There was a pause as if he was deciding on his next words carefully. “Don’t worry about your brother. He’ll come around one day.”

 

 

 

A look into the Li/Wu family dynamic. It's a costom in Chinese culture to call family during new years. Or at least my family does...

Happy (Late) Lunar New Years!!!