Day 78

2013, Year of Us

Tuesday March 19th, 2013

“What?” Yu-ki said the moment she saw the dark shadow looming over her, not even bothering to look up from her work. Perhaps it wasn’t said in the nicest tone possible, but given her current unknown status at the school, it couldn’t have been anything good. She was currently sitting in the lecture room that her mother would be teaching in in about 20 minutes and therefore it was pretty empty.

So I was talking to this girl earlier,” the figure spoke, either not noticing her tone or chose to ignore it. “And you know, we were chatting and we got to the topic of tonight’s plans.” Yu-ki sighed and tried not to pay attention to the stares she knew she was receiving because someone was actually talking to her. “She mentioned to me that her and her friends are planning to go to The Central but they’re always busy and she wasn’t sure if it was worth the wait.”

Finally, Yu-ki interrupted. “Why are you telling me this?” She looked up and saw (unsurprisingly) Bryan in front of her.

“Do me a favour.” He said not even bothering to sugar coat his words.

“No.” She replied immediately.

“Get us into The Central.” Bryan continued as if she hadn’t already rejected his request.

“No.” Yu-ki repeated having already predicted what he was going to ask.

“But I told the girl that I could get her in.” He whined.

“And why would you do that Bryan?” She pretended not to hear the whispers of everyone asking how she knew his name.

“Because I can.” Yu-ki raised an eyebrow at his smiling face already anticipating his next sentence. “You can get us in can’t you Katie?” The whispers were even louder this time around because apparently the two were on first name basis.

“No Bryan, I can’t.” The smile slid off his face.

“Pa-pardon?” he stuttered. “You have to get us in. I promised her I would get them in.”

“That’s not my problem now it is.” Yu-ki smiled sickly sweet before turning back to her work. She tried to think that the audience they had was all just in her imagination and that they weren’t actually leaning closer to hear their conversation.

“Haha, very funny.” He playfully punched her shoulder. “Just help me out this one time.”

“No.” She said for the fourth time slowly getting angry at the annoyance.

“Why not? You got us into Pandemonium this past weekend. Can’t you just drop some names again? Come on, what are friends for.” Once again the whispers started up again. Not only was she the ‘devil teacher’s follower’, as people have taken to call her, but apparently she also knew people in high places, getting her special access to Vancouver’s biggest club of the moment.

“You know what, Bryan?” Yu-ki looked back up and met his gaze with a steely one of her own. “First of all, I did not ‘drop some names’ as you so aptly put it. Secondly, you are in no position to be asking me for favours. Do you know how much you spent on Sunday? Guess who paid for all that? And lastly, Pandemonium is owned by Park Place, The Central is owned by Gatien, so for the fifth time, the answer is No. No I will not help you and your new conquest get into The Central because I actually can’t. Besides, we are not friends. I don’t have to do for you” Yu-ki picked up her bag and left the room as students began to file in.

“I’ll be in your office.” She told her mother as she walked past her earning questioning glances for everyone. Tao smiled in her direction as he saw her walk to towards him, but Yu-ki continued to walk right past him as if she hadn’t seen him. He recognized the expression she was wearing. Something had upset her earlier, and he was going to find out what. 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N]: I was actually excited for this chapter but  I feel like I didn't do it justice. It always sounds so much better in my head at 3 in the morning.

But yeah, this chapter is some character development for Yu-ki and I guess some foreshadowing for future events (and by future I mean in the next two updates). Uhhh, there really isn't much else to be said about this......Oh! No one knew her name so finding our her name is Katie is like a really big thing because now everyone can put a name to a face. No one still knows what her relation to the professor is though (except for Tao and Tyler) people just think she's like a -up or like a leecher or something of the sorts. 

Please please please leave a comment. I want to know your thoughts on this fic and whether or not I'm doing a good job. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, also I can't remember if I told you, but she will be leaving Vancouver in like 2 weeks (but that is not the end of Tao!) and when she gets back to Korea, things will get crazy.