Day 52

2013, Year of Us

Thursday February 21st, 2013

 “We have to head back now.” Chanyeol announced. Yu-ki turned around with a pout.

“But the weather’s so nice. Seoul doesn’t have this kind of weather until much later in the year.” She complained. They were currently at the seaside walking along the ‘Avenue of Stars’ in尖沙咀 (Tsim Sha Tsui) after roaming a few nearby malls. “Can’t we just stay a little longer?” she pleaded.

“No we’re already late.” Chanyeol cut her off effectively beginning to walk back to their hotel.

“You mean you’re late.” Jongdae said under his breath. “We don’t even need to be there.”

“Moral support.” Baekhyun said hitting the backside of his head as he walked pass to catch up to Chanyeol.

“You know how much he hates these things.” Kyungsoo reminded sadly. Jongdae scowled rubbing the back of his head where Baekhyun had hit him. Nevertheless, he began to follow after them.

“I suppose I already know what they’re talking about.” Yu-ki asked Jongin, the pair following after the larger group.

“You do.” He nodded. “But I doubt you’re going to get him to open up to you again.” Jongin shrugged. “It took quite a bit for you to find out the first time.” Yu-ki regarded him with curiosity. “Long story short, Chanyeol doesn’t like his parents for imposing their duties on to him.”

 

The moment they stepped foot into the lobby, Chanyeol was whisked away by various men in suits and one began talking at the speed of light debriefing him on the evening’s events. An hour later, Yu-ki found herself and the guys (sans Chanyeol) sitting off to the side of a cleared meeting room full of chatting reporters. A few turned and snapped a few shots of their small group before turning back to the front. She turned to the others who were idly talking amongst themselves completely oblivious to the nearby reporters. Yu-ki recognized a few of the newspapers and broadcasting stations from Hong Kong and Korea and wasn’t surprised to even find some familiar faces from when they departed from Incheon Airport a few days ago.

 

“First of all,” Chanyeol spoke amongst the din of multiple camera shutters. “I would like to thank all of you for attending this press conference. Unfortunately, my parents could not make it as they had some other business to attend to. I apologize for any inconvenience this brings you.” He sat back down and plastered on a rare serious face.

Throughout the entire conference, Chanyeol nodded along to the questions as if he knew what the reporters were asking. Hearing the translation, he would speak a few words before ultimately turning it towards the other members of the panel.

Yu-ki could relate. There were times when she and her brother were forced to go to functions because of their parents. One night it would be a faculty dinner, the next would be a corporate affair. She didn’t mind much as she was a child and they couldn’t take her out all the time, but Kris was older and was expected to attend them all. He had tried to hide his displeasure from her, but she saw it slip through a few times.

 

“Is this why you study Nano Tech?” Yu-ki approached Chanyeol after the press conference. “Because of your parents?”

"Mmm,” he hummed in response. “Doesn’t matter though, people still choose to think of me like that.” Chanyeol smiled sadly. “Whatever, at least I’m good at Nano Tech.”

 

 

 

 

[A/N]: A little bit of yeol backstory. It becomes clearer later i think. I didn't want to reveal too much about him...Umm, for reference Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) is like the Gangnam of Seoul. It's where all the high end shops (like Gucci for Tao) and hotels are. I imagine the crew staying in one of the hotels there. Yeol being in nano tech was a random desicion and I honestly dont remember why, but i will go with it.