Day 120

2013, Year of Us

Tuesday April 30th, 2013

“God I hate this.” Baekhyun said for the nth time.

“Shut up, you don’t even have to be here.” Chanyeol groaned from his spot overseeing the floor below them.

“Actually, technically you shouldn’t even be here. This is after all a private party.” Jongdae pointed out.

“Ah yes, I can see the headlines now. ‘BY Fashion and Park Place feuding?’” Baekhyun laughed with absolutely no humor in his voice.

Today was the end of the month which was also known as the ‘Annual SNU End of Exams Party’ sponsored graciously by Park Place. As the unofficial poster children for the university, they weren’t exactly allowed to leave, not that they would, for fear that such a ridiculous headline would actually be used. Also, as the unofficial poster children (as well as close friends of the heir) their little friend group were given a special private room. A private party within a private party.

“Alright, whose next?” all heads turned to the door where Jongin stood with Kyungsoo behind him. Even though they were given a room they were still expected to “mingle with their classmates” and “promote themselves”. Seeing as they didn’t all want to suffer at the same time, they had decided to “complete their rounds” in shifts.

 

The second Yu-ki entered the main floor, her suspicions were confirmed. Everyone was too focused on their own business that they didn’t even notice her presence. The handful that did and had the confidence to call her over, Yu-ki would talk to but after a sentence or two it was obvious that all they wanted was to gain access to their special room.

Removing herself from yet another one of those conversations, she just so happened to meet Sehun’s gaze and gave him an over exaggerated eye roll before smiling. He returned both expressions tilting his head towards his friends and faking a yawn.

 

Watching everyone around her Yu-ki thought about her life and the decisions that were made that got her to that very spot. She always imagined that she would be one of the people in the crowed partying after a hard exam season. Instead she was placed on a pedestal and kept separate from everyone else.

For the first time since gaining consciousness, Yu-ki thought of her amnesia as a good thing.

 

 

 

 

[A/N]: Fun fact. I wrote like back in the summer and never posted it. Pretty sure I had intended to write more (I think I had a section about Joonmyun there...) but screw it! Clearly I am not to be trusted when I give myself deadlines but honestly, I don't care anymore! I had a good streak going for a while then life hit and I got bored. I still do intend to finish this (whenever that may be) and I'm not going to set a deadline. If I update then I update. If I don't then I don't. If my crazy erratic updating schedule is too much for you I will not take it to heart if you decide to drop this. If you are still reading this and will continue to read, thank you.

The good news however, is that this chapter is officially the one third mark! (It just took me three years...)

Also, I am still getting subscribers even though I haven't updated in months. Where are you all coming from?