Day 7

2013, Year of Us

Monday January 7th, 2013

The doorbell rang echoing throughout the empty apartment. Without a thought, Yu-ki went to open it. It didn’t quite occur to her that it could potentially be dangerous.

“Hey.” Someone said the second the door was open. It was her supposed best friend, Jongin. “I heard from Kris hyung that you can understand Korean now but can’t speak it.” He said excitedly. Yu-ki nodded slowly. “That’s perfect.” He pulled someone from beside him into sight. “This is Jongdae hyung. He’s learning Mandarin!” Jongin gestured to the boy beside him.

“Hi.” He waved with a bright smile. It was one of Yu-ki’s mystery men from the living room.

“You. Picture. Living room.” Yu-ki said before running off.

“What did she say?” Jongin asked walking into the apartment.

“I dunno. She just rambled random words before bolting off.” Jongdae responded following after Jongin into the house shutting the door behind him. Yu-ki ran back into the front hall completely unfazed by the fact that they had let themselves in.

“You.” She gestured to the photo in her hands. It was the same one she had picked up off her desk the other day. Jongdae took a look and smiled.

“Yeah, that’s me. It was for one of your projects and you needed a model. I think this was around March of last year?” He said thoughtfully as he passed the photo back to her. She smiled to herself happy to find the answer to another mystery. Yu-ki looked back up at the boys and her smile faltered.

“Why are you in my house?” She finally questioned.

“She wants to know why we’re here.” Jongdae translated for Jongin when he looked at him curiously.

“Oh! Right. Well, today is the first day back to school.” Jongin explained. Yu-ki looked on in confusion. “Well, you’re technically not in school right now since you’re on academic leave due to your accident, but I figured you could spend the day with me.” He smiled. “Maybe seeing the campus and classrooms would help you? You can also see your friends again!” Jongin looked at her expectantly.

“Kris…” Yu-ki trailed off. She wasn’t sure if her brother would approve of her going out, especially given her condition.

“Don’t worry, we already took care of that. I texted him earlier and he said it was fine as long as I stick by your side.” Jongin reassured her.

“Umm, okay…” Before she could finish her sentence, Jongin had already pulled her out the door Jongdae quick to follow behind them.