Day 27

2013, Year of Us

Sunday January 27th, 2013

“She’s in the living room.” Minseok said from the front door before shuffling back to the study. Briefly looking away from her drama, Yu-ki craned her head towards the entrance to see who was at the door. It was very rare for guests to drop by their home during the week, much less so on the weekend.

“Yooki!” A voice boomed which could only belong to a certain Park Chanyeol. Following behind him were Jongin, Jongdae, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun who all look quite at home.

"What are you guys doing here?” She asked turning back to the television screen not really caring for their presence.

“We were bored so we decided to come visit you.” Jongdae said as the group moved to sit on the couch. Or, as he and Jongin moved to sit on the couch, the others opted to stand.

“You know,” Kyungsoo spoke, “I think this is the first time I’ve seen you like this.” He gestured to her appearance. Yu-ki was still in her baby blue fluffy pyjamas and had her hair up in a messy bun. It was still early in the morning and she had not bothered to change. She shrugged like it was nothing.

“So? I look like this all the time.” It was a normal occurrence for Yu-ki to have her lazy days.

“Yeah, but you’re wearing glasses.” Kyungsoo pointed out. She turned to look at him and pushed them higher onto her nose.

“Yes, and?” she prodded.

"You never wear glasses. And you always used to make sure you look flawless before leaving your room.” He continued to explain.

“You think I look flawless.” Yu-ki smiled at him devilishly.

“I-I, didn’t-” Kyungsoo sputtered. Everyone broke out in laughs as his face flushed.

"Aww, it’s okay. I think you look pretty decent too Kyungsoo.” Yu-ki said in between laughs. “You guys should sit.” She gestured to the rest of the standing guys before turning back to her show.

While the morning was filled with laughter due to Kyungsoo, there was one voice slightly quieter and more strained than the rest.