2013, Year of Us

Description

After waking up from a car accident leaving her unconscious for a month, Li Yu-Ki realizes she isn’t the 12 year old she thinks she is. In reality, she is now 19 years old living in South Korea, far from her hometown of Vancouver, Canada

into a society she doesn’t want to be a part of, a country she doesn’t know, speaking a language she doesn’t understand. Surrounded by people that claim they know her, yet being apart from the one who knows her best.

This is the story of her year.

A year to figure everything out.

A year of second guessing herself.

A year searching for old flames.

A year spent creating new ones.

A year to find out who she truly is.

 

 

Foreword

Sunday December 2nd, 2012

Today is my 19th birthday. Jongin’s throwing me a party. I hope it isn’t anything too extravagant, we still do have exams coming up, unlike him, I have to actually do well on them. But, there isn’t any point arguing with him. If he wants to throw a birthday party, he’s going to throw one, regardless if the birthday girl is present or not.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SIDE NOTE:

A variety of languages will be used in this. Namely Korean, English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Like my other fic, Korean will be the main spoken language and will therefore be kept in black. English will be written in green, Cantonese in purple, and Mandarin in red

I know at first it's going to be a super eyesore, but it's very necessary and plays a huge part in the story line. Eventually, it will mellow out to be all black text with slight occurances of colour, but for the beginning, it will very much be like a unicorn threw up all over it.

 

 

 

Poster made by me :)

 

 

I do realize that I have 2 fics on-going, both of which are going nowhere right now, but I really wanted to try this out. This will be updated daily and will be a literally look into Li Yu-Ki's life. The chapters will be more like little drabbles. The story will follow her for the entire year starting January 1st. Some updates will be more exciting than others, becuase honestly there will be some boring days, but I'll try to keep it so that there's something going on everyday. If I fail to update, and that is a huge possibility, I'll double update the next day.

 

 

Clearly I cannot be trusted with deadlines as it is currently mid-2015 and I vowed to post once a day in 2013. Oops. I am still writing this (I honestly never stopped thinking about it) but I am currently going through everything and reading over, making minor edits, fixing formatting, etc.

Please, please, please follow my fic twitter (@tkfwktkfkddntdm) for schedule updates and stuff! I know it's bare right now but that's because I have no followers so I never bothered to tweet.

 

 

Update 151231:

Hello! I have returned from the dead! I super apologize to those that were reading this fic back in 2013 and have since stuck with me then. For new readers, be glad that you were not here to witness my two year hiatus. I orginally wanted to write this story day by day and have it completed by the end of the year. As you can see, I have failed. Majorly. However! I think that 2016 is the year for me to actually complete this.

I had stopped updating regularly around summer of 2013 and for the next two years, I had gone back and re-wrote/edited my past chapters to better suit my style of writing that had changed in the year or so. As of right now, I am still not 100% satisfied with my writing, but I honestly cannot keep stalling this story. Maybe, if I ever do complete it I will go back, but as of now everything will stay as is.

My wish is that I can complete this by the end of 2016 and finally have a completed fic three years in the making. Right now, I am still working on re-writing/editing and blocking out the entire story day by day. This may take some time as I have to remember the sequence of events in relation to the year of 2013. If you have any questions in regards to the timeline or the fic in general, please do not hesitate to ask and I will try my best to answer! I have a Twitter so please follow me there for the most up to date information regarding my fic writing. It is bare now, but I promise that it will be filled up soon!

Finally, thank you once again to all my readers whether you have been with me since Day 1 or are just reading this now for the first time. I wish you all and your families and loved ones a very Happy New Year.

Live-Love-Laugh

 

Update 161217:

Hi....I need to learn to stop making promises.

 
Live-Love-Laugh
As mentioned, edits are being made, please re-read! Some changes made.