Day 97

2013, Year of Us

Sunday April 7th, 2013

After a night of restlessness, mostly due to jetlag and not the thoughts plaguing her mind, Yu-ki sat in a café, a cup of coffee in front of her as she went through her speech in her head. However, the moment he stepped through the door, her prepared speech went out the window and all she wanted was answers.

 

"You better tell me the truth about us right now.”

“I take it this isn’t a friendly visit then?”

“Lu Han, please. I am not in the mood for your jokes. I got three hours of sleep and I need to know.”

“Three hours? What were you doing?” a sharp glare thrown his way quickly shut his mouth. “Okay fine, I was the reason you got into photography. Is that what you wanted to hear?”

Honestly, hearing him say it did not extinguish the feeling in her chest like she thought it would. After a moment to just let it sink in, she spoke. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I was afraid that you would have gone down the wrong path.” He shrugged.

“Why? Is it so wrong for me to want the life I should have had?” She cried.

“That isn’t you! This is you,” Lu Han threw his camera at her, Yu-ki catching it reflexively. “That is the Yu-ki I know.”

“Bull ! You didn’t even know me prior to this year.”

"No I didn’t, but I knew the girl I saw in practically every audience, I knew the girl who needed an outlet. I knew the girl with a troubled past. I know this, because I can see it in your work.” At that Yu-ki softened. “Yeah, that’s not you in your photos, but that is your story. I’ve told you this before, but you are able to capture emotions that go missed. The longing in the eyes, the sag of the shoulders, the hurt of the heart. Yeah, okay, so we didn’t have a full conversation until this year, but your pictures speak for you. In a way that words can never articulate.”

"How-?”

“Because, for someone who has ‘always dreamed of being a writer’, you haven’t even let anyone see your work, there is nothing under your name. Your photographs however, you want to share them with the world.”

Leaving a few bills on the table, Lu Han got up and left leaving Yu-ki alone with her thoughts. A few minutes passed before she moved to get up. With a clatter, she noticed she still had his camera. Touching a button, the screen flickered to life and for the first time, Yu-ki was able to see exactly what Lu Han was talking about.

 

 

To: Lu Han
Thank you.

To: Lu Han
Sorry.

To: Lu Han
I like your hair. Pink suits you.

 

 

 

[A/N]: I apologize for the lack of updates lately, but I am super busy with real life. I still plan on finishing this year though! I just don't have any pre-written chapters....so I am posting as I write. 

Anyways! on to this chapter. As I said there would be confrontation and the poor recipient was Lu Han. Things are now more or less okay with them, but Yu-ki still holds some ill feelings towards him but not really (as evidenced by the text messages at the end). In regards to the pink hair, the reference is the picture above. If you can all recall back to April of 2013 that was around the time that everyone was changing their hair for the dreaded Wolf era, so expect that in the upcoming chapters. 

As always, feel free to comment, ask questions, and follow my twitter!