Day 20

2013, Year of Us

Sunday January 20th, 2013

The same message was flashing across his screen for the past 10 minutes.

 

Katie Li                                                                                      Jan 15
Edison Huang  

Oh...Well, I’m sorry about that then...Everything’s good in Seoul...

 

Clicking the arrow the previous message came up.

 

Kris Wu                                                                                        Jan 5
Edison Huang

Hey Tao, how’s everything going in Vancouver? I hope my mother isn’t being too hard on you in school.

So listen, I have news.

Last month Kiki got into a car crash, she fine, but she’s lost her memory. Not all of it, just the last 7 years. Umm, I know you guys drifted apart years ago, but right now she thinks she's still a 12 year old. In her head, she still lives in Vancouver and you're her best friend.

I’m telling you this not to worry you, but knowing her she would probably try to contact you so don’t be so surprised if she sends you an e-mail in the coming days. I'm not asking you to pretend that everything is fine between you guys, but please just don't break her heart.

- Kris

 

Tao was beyond confused. When he first received Kris’ message, aside from the instant worry, he felt impassive about it all. He knew that Yu-ki would most definitely try and contact him, it was in her nature, but he was just going to brush it off. That’s how the past five years were spent anyways.

Unfortunately, when he did get the message he was floored. He didn’t know what to do.

 

Katie Li                                                                                       Jan 15
Edison Huang

Taozi! How have you been! Is life in Vancouver good? You haven't moved away right? I remember you saying that you would never move.

I miss you...

 

Seeing that message launched him back 5 years. Back when everything was fine and they were still together. He wanted nothing more than to take it all back, but that wasn’t his choice to make. So, he tried to act indifferent to her. But then, she had to respond back in all of her innocence. Tao really wanted to tell her everything right then and there, but he couldn’t. They both had a say in this. It was a mutual break, wasn’t it?