Chapter 48

My Hot Vampire Prince

 

Woohyun paced around the busy streets that were filled with humans.He didn’t bother changing his tore,blood stained clothing and cleaning his face either.After what had happened,what’s the purpose of doing those anyways?

People in the street stared at him weirdly but Woohyun took no notice on them.His mind was blank and his eyes were as if they were soulless.He heard whisper coming out from their mouth but he didn’t bother.Their words won’t affect him like how Ji Eun’s words did.”Mummy,that man looks like a monster”,a kid cried.

Woohyun stopped on his track and his eyes were suddenly wet.He slowly turned to look at the kid who was quickly being pulled away by his mother when she realized Woohyun could be dangerous.

‘NO!You are not Woohyun!The Woohyun I know is not a monster!!’,Ji Eun’s voice kept replaying like a tape recorder in his mind.’Monster,monster,monster’,he heard the voice at the back of his head whispered.He turned to look at himself through his reflection that was on one of the shop’s glass window.For the first time in his life,he hated looking at himself.For the first time,he hated the fact that he was a living being that fed on blood.

 *Why can’t I be a normal human instead?Why must I be the vampire prince of Vapion?!*,he repented.A crazy idea crossed his mind as he continued staring at his own reflection.”Would Ji Eun accept me if I am a human?Would she sees me like how she did before?”,he whispered to himself.

--

The house was dark and the doors and windows were all tightly locked.A knock rapped on the front door and the figure who was crouching on the floor gasped,hitting the rubbish bin beside her in the process.”Ji Eun?”,Mrs.Lee,the land lady’s gentle voice was heard.

Ji Eun hugged her knees closer to her chest,bitting her chapped,dry lips.”Are you in there?Are you okay?”,Mrs.Lee asked when she heard no reply coming from her.It was already the third time she came to look for Ji Eun after realizing that she hadn’t seen her coming out from the house ever since the day she saw her running back as if she had seen a ghost.At first,Mrs.Lee thought she was probably sick on the first day.

But noticing how she hadn’t come out from the house on the third day,worriness filled her heart.Ji Eun wasn’t someone who would skipped school,much more,her work that seemed to support her living.On the third day,she finally knocked on the door to check on her.

“I am calling the police if you aren’t opening the door,alright?”,Mrs.Lee threatened.At the word ‘police’,Ji Eun reacted.She quickly brushed her messy hair to the side and wiped her tear stained face with the back of her head.”Coming”,she croaked,her voice almost couldn’t be heard.

Mrs Lee saw the door knob being twisted and the door flung opened in a second.”Omo!What happened to you,dear?!”,Mrs.Lee exclaimed when she saw a completely different Ji Eun at the door.Her face was so pale as if all her blood was drained out of her and what was even obvious was her swollen,red eyes that told anyone who saw her,she was obviously crying non stop for days.”Do you need to go to the doctor?Do you want me to call the police?”,Mrs.Lee caressed her fragile face.

Ji Eun shook her head as an answer as was hurting too much for her to speak.”I’m..okay”,she closed her eyes momentarily to relieve the pain in .”I..just missed my grandpa”,she lied.Mrs.Lee softened at her answer.”Of course there are times that are hard when you had to live alone at such a young age.But you shouldn’t broke yourself like that.Your grandfather would be so sad to see you like that”,she comforted.

Ji Eun nodded and mouthed a ‘thank you’.Mrs Lee caught a glimpse at the dark,messy room behind her and frowned.”Do you need me to clean the house for you?You will feel better if you stay in a bright,clean place”,she offered.”I will do it”,Ji Eun immediately retorted,making Mrs.Lee to blink in surprise.”Don’t worry too much,ahjumma.I will be back like normal soon”,Ji  Eun forced a smile.*Can I?*.“Alright,dear”,Mrs Lee took her hands into hers.”You always have me to talk to okay?”.Ji Eun nodded and send her off .

She went back into the silent house and closed the door shut quickly.She was still afraid.Afraid of...Woohyun.She looked around her house and burst into tears again.Everything in the house reminded her of Woohyun.The worst part was,every single memories in the house was sweet and loving.She couldn’t stop herself from missing his warm hugs,his breathtaking kiss,his comforting voice and his existence in her life.How can he possibly be the blood monster when he was like an angel that shone her life?How can she possibly be able to forget him after the impact he had made in her life?

She heard a soft tap on the floor and she let out a scream.She reached for the switch to turn on the lights immediately.The lights flicked open and Ji Eun flinched at the sudden brightness.She had thought she would probably see someone standing in front of her with their blood lust eyes,but her imagination was just her being paranoid.There weren’t anyone at all in the house.

Her knees lost strength and she dropped to the cold floor again.She hated being this way.She hated being weak.She hated why god played her by sending her a fake angel.She hated why everything in her life .And the most of all,she hated the fact that her heart still react strongly when she thought of Woohyun.She still loved him.

 

-END-