Chapter 39

Someday love will be back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

------ Jihyun ------

“Let’s keep in touch,” Seungho said as both of them exchanged a brotherly hug.

“Jihyun-ssi, nice to meet you. Remember to keep in touch too,” Seungho gazed at me and said.

“Sure. Nice meeting you too, Seungho-ssi.”

“We’ll get going. See you, Seungho.” Junhyung led me to the car and waved goodbye to him.

The dinner ended without any mishaps but my mood was at the lowest point. The journey back was in silence with me looking out of the window deep in thought.


“Cause Junhyung oppa mention about you. I’m curious that’s all.”

“There’s a period whereby he called me during the night and babbled things which I don’t understand. I think Junhuyng oppa was drunk and your name came out a few times.”

“Jihyun-ssi do you know what’s troubling Junhyung oppa recently? He didn’t tell me in full details on the phone. I’m worried for him.”

“I treated Hara as a friend, that’s all. Yes I admit I do share problems with her but that’s because she’s an idol having the same situation as me. So that doesn’t mean you’re not someone special to me. You’re my girlfriend of course you’ll always be in my heart. Trust me Hyun.”


All along Junhyung regarded Hara as a confidant, someone who he could pour all his unhappiness to. She would always be the first to be there to comfort his heart. The connection they had was something that I couldn’t break or surpass. What they had been through together, I wasn’t there to witness or participate.


“Then what about you, Junhyung? Can I trust you?”

“That article is a misunderstanding. It’s an accident.”

 “But Hara-”

“I don’t like her.”

“So you know? Know that she has feelings for you?”

“Hyun, that’s not…”

“What if… I mean what if Hara-ssi realized her feelings before you get to meet Jihyun-ssi. Will you accept?”

“Maybe. I don’t know.” 


Now that I knew of his true feelings, I couldn’t chuck it aside and acted as if nothing happened. I felt like I was the third party who was standing in their way. It was Hara who had been in his life and I was an outsider who intruded. Maybe they could be a couple if I didn’t come in between them.

I jumped a bit as Junhyung’s hand came in contact with mine. “Why are you so quiet?”

“I was just thinking of… things.”

He glanced my way with a slight smile and had his eyes back on the road. His hand was on mine, caressing the knuckles with his thumb. I looked at our connected hands and I realized that I didn’t want to let go. I couldn’t bear to let go even he had lingering feelings for Hara. Unconsciously, I tighten the grip and that had his gaze on me. A smile was plastered on my face which also reflected his.

“We’re not going home?” I asked after realizing that the route he took wasn’t the one back to the apartment.

“You want our date to end that early?”

“No.”

He gave my hand a squeeze. “Then keep quiet and follow me.”

I snorted. “Whatever. Always acting secretive.”


*************************


After thirty minutes of driving, we had reached an enclosed area which was a large parking area with an outdoor movie screen in the center. It was a drive in theatre. Junhyung stopped by at the concession stand to purchase the entrance pass before getting in.

“Please tune in to channel 94.5 to enjoy the movie,” the staff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter