Picture

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

OH by Park Kyung


Chapter 22 – Picture

The dinner that was full of teasing, joking around, and serious talks, yes, there were times they had a serious talk, Hyomi had offered to wash the dishes and she insisted making her oppas to just let her do it while Ah Neul helped her.

The two were at the kitchen, dividing the work so that it’ll be faster while the EXO boys goof around the living room. BAP, who knows what they were doing? Hyomi didn’t like the thought of disturbing them and she was sure they would just go down to bring their dishes for washing.

“Yah, I still remember what you did a while ago.” Ah Neul said as she furrowed his eyebrows at Hyomi as she splashes water on her face with her wet hands. Hyomi broke into a sheepish smile.

“You need a little push you know?” Hyomi smirked.

“Little push, what the?” Ah Neul groaned with the thought.

“Kai’s nice isn’t he? Tell me what happened with you two a while ago.” Hyomi nudged her as she washed a dish.

“No.” Ah Neul stuck her tongue out making Hyomi snicker.

“Oh please, you know I won’t let you go without telling me right?” Hyomi wriggled her eyebrow with her lips pursed into a smile. Ah Neul sighed. For the month she have known Hyomi, she wouldn’t doubt what she said. She looked back making sure the EXO guys, specifically, Kai won’t hear them.

“It’s nothing interesting, actually.” Ah Neul said and the time when the ahjumma told them they suit each other flashes her mind. “Uhm,” Ah Neul murmured.

“What? Did you two do something romantic?” Hyomi said, obviously giddy about the topic. Ah Neul immediately shook her head frantically.

“Why the heck would there be a romantic happening between us?”  Ah Neul said in a low voice.

“Because you’re in love with him and I bet Kai’s not that naïve, right?” Hyomi said and Ah Neul shrugged.

“The ahjumma who owns the kimchi stall told us something though,” Ah Neul said and pondered about it.

“What did she say? You too look cute?” Hyomi asked.

“Uhm, something like that? I don’t know. She said we look good together and she remembers her love story with us.” Ah Neul said and Hyomi playfully smack her on the shoulder.

“Told you! You and him is not impossible!” Hyomi said making Ah Neul glare at her.

“Keep it down!” She hollered and Hyomi grinned.

“Sorry but swear, you should give it a try, who knows? You two might end up together.” Hyomi said. Ah Neul just laughed the thought of but deep inside she was thinking about it but end with the thought that she’s a no one so she wouldn’t be noticed by Kai though they know each other. Just then, a voice startled them, especially Ah Neul since she thought someone heard their conversation. When they both turned, they saw Jongup and Zelo holding their used plates.

“Oh, just leave it at the counter. We’ll wash it after this.” Hyomi smiled.

“Don’t you need help? That’s quite a lot.” Jongup said as he eyed the plates and utensils they were washing. Hyomi smiled, shaking her head.

“It’s fine. You’re my guests. I couldn’t possibly let you guys wash the dishes.” Hyomi said chuckling. Ah Neul was smiling to her as she continued washing the dishes. Jongup, noticing her smile, called her attention.

“What are you smiling at? I didn’t know washing dishes was something to smile about.” Jongup sarcastically said. Ah Neul looked at him and rolled her eyes.

“Whatever.” She said turning to her work again. Hyomi chuckled. They’re always like this, having a cat and dog fight but she was used to it.

“Go and enjoy. Don’t worry about us.” Hyomi smiled.

“Are you sure?” Jongup asked.

“Noona, it’s so fine with us! It’s not like we’re busy.” Zelo said with a smile. Hyomi nodded.

“It’s ok, I promise.” Hyomi said and the two just nodded, putting the dishes by the counter.

“Uhm, noona,” Zelo called. Hyomi looked back at them.

“Oh?” Hyomi asked.

“Can we use, uhm, your dance room? I mean, it’s if you don’t mind.” Zelo said rubbing the back of his neck. Hyomi felt a prick of pain in her chest hearing Zelo mention that room. It’s a room specially made for her mom since she really liked dancing and when she was little, she was thought how to dance but it just that she has two left foot so she never really got to learn dancing, only a little. Jongup noticing the change of Hyomi’s façade, grabbed Zelo by the arm.

“Zelo’s just joking. We’ll be going now. Call us if you need help!” Jongup said dragging Zelo up the stairs despite the whining.

Hyomi’s POV

I felt my heart throb in pain upon the mention of the room. It was a room full of memories. One of the rooms I’ve spent many times of my childhood. My mom loves dancing and that was specially made for her. They tried teaching me but I’m such a fail on dancing so I never really learned how to dance like a pro. Maybe I learned a little but since it’s been years ago since I last danced something beyond my capacity nowadays, I had forgotten about it. I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard Jongup talk but his words were a spur in my ears until Jongup dragged Zelo out the kitchen.  

“Are you ok?” I heard Ah Neul’s voice. I turned to her and she gave me a worried look. She suddenly reached for my cheeks and that’s when I noticed, a tear had fell form my eyes.

“Oh, sorry.” I said as I moved away, wiping my own tears.

“Is that room that memorable?” She asked. I smiled as I nodded. “Oh,” she said.

“But I’m ok. Don’t worry. Let’s finish this so we could join the others.” I said as continued washing the dishes. Luckily Ah Neul is an understanding fellow and didn’t ask any more.

We finished washing everything in twenty minutes. We dried our hands and went to join the EXO oppas who were busy playing Wii that Baekhyun oppa had brought down from the game room.

“YAH! You’re cheating!” Tao shouted at Kai as the screen flashed “player one wins”. Kai smirked.

“You just need a little more practice, Tao hyung.” Kai said. Tao snickered.

“This dan—oh! Hyomi, Ah Neul, you two are done?” Tao asked. The other EXO oppas turned to us and we nodded walking towards them.

“We see. Kai oppa’s good at games, huh?” I said and everyone groaned.

“We can’t beat him into anything! He’s just so perfect like that!” Minseok oppa said making us laugh while Kai smirked.

“I’m not perfect hyung. Where did that come from?” Kai said being the humble person he is. I smiled.

“So, what do you guys want to do? It’s,” I turned to the clock to check the time. “One in the afternoon.” I said.

“Uhm, it’s a little bit late for a beach, going for a walk,” they looked outside the window, making me turn to where they look also. “would be fine but it would be tiring. Going to the Nampodong Market would be nice for the last day so that we could buy something before going back home.” They said. I thought about it. They were right and I’m not in the mood for walks right now too.

“How about we just enjoy the whole day in the house for today and for the next days, we would wander around?” I suggested and they nodded, smiling.

“So wise of you Hyomi!” Luhan oppa said and I shook my head.

“It was the last choice I thought of.” I said and they smiled.

“Let’s do that then. There’s game and entertainment room at the third floor. We could also go for a swim at the pool at the backyard.” Baekhyun oppa said and I nodded.

“Sure, let’s do that then.” Kris oppa said.

“Let’s go for a swim!” Chanyeol oppa said. “Join us Hyomi!” He added, making me gasp.

“I-It’s ok. I’ll just watch you guys. I’m not in the mood also. Sorry.” I said and he pouted.

“Araso. I won’t force you.” He said smiling. I smiled back.

“Let’s invite the BAP guys also.” Suho oppa said making me smile. They went to their rooms to change leaving Ah Neul and I at the living room.

“What do you want to do?” I asked her.

“Anything would do. Your house is too big and I bet there are many things to do here.” She said chuckling.

“Can I go take a bath first then? I’ll tour you at the third floor after.” I said and she smiled, nodding. We walked up to my room and I immediately got in the bathroom in the room after grabbing a towel.

Ah Neul’s POV

Hyomi went to take a bath so I was left. I looked around the room, thinking what to do until something fun came to my mind. I looked at the bathroom door and grinned.

“Hyomi ah! I’ll wander around your room ok?” I said and when I got no answer, I just shrugged and begun looking around.

Her room was pretty big. It was mostly in white and blue—her favorite color. Her bed was standing at the left corner of the room. It was a queen-sized bed so we would fit on it. Beside her bed was a bed-side table with a lampshade on top of it. At the other side of it was her TV, mounted on the wall, while her DVD player was on top of the wooden table stuck on the wall. They were CDs and as what I could see, it was KPOP albums. Beside it was the walk in closet and next to it is the bathroom door. At one corner, her study desk stood with a desktop computer. A small shelf beside her table made her look like a nerd. You could say that it was just a simple room though an elegant one.

I decided to take a look at the set of books in the shelf and found that it was mostly reference books and some were novels, comics, and, wait, isn’t that a yearbook? I got it from the shelf and dusted it off, making dust fly around. I sat on the chair in front of her desk and opened the book.

There were many pictures of students. Well, that was obvious for a yearbook. I looked through it, looking for her picture when a name caught my attention. I squint my eyes on it but quickly shrug it off. I scanned it until I finally found Hyomi’s picture. She looked the same. Her features matured a little but you could immediately tell it was her. I smiled as I closed the book and returned to back to the shelf.

I then stared at her neat desk. I looked in the drawers on her desk but most of it was empty, except for one drawer. There was a paper-like thing in it. I got it and found that it was a picture. When I turned the picture around, my eyes widened.

“I’m done!” Hyomi said making me startled.

“Hyomi,” I said still staring at the picture. She walked towards me as she dried her hair.

“What?” She asked.

“Can you tell me something?” I said turning from the picture to her.

“Sure, as long as I could.” She said chuckling.

“Can you tell me who’s beside you?” I said handing her the picture. She got it and I noticed her eyes widen. “That’s Sehun right? Oh Sehun?” I said and she slowy turned to me. I knew it! Sht. They know each other?! That’s so interesting!


SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER! I'll update again tomorrow! Thank you for the support! ILOVEYOU!