Lunch

Wishing Upon A Flower

 

 

Close My Eyes by Block B

 


 

Chapter 21 – Lunch

The cooking begun. Three prepared the Kimchi Stew, another three for bulggogi, and three for jjajangmyun too. Two people washed the utensils used and the remaining just helped whoever needed help.

Daehyun and Himchan were in their rooms though. They tried to keep themselves busy but they just grew tired of it and decided to check out what’s happening in the kitchen. Daehyun walked out of his room just when Himchan closed his door. They looked at each other in surprise.

“Where are the others?” Himchan asked.

“They helped in cooking.” Daehyun replied. Himchan gasp.

“I can’t believe it. Hyung was sure serious.” Himchan muttered to himself.

“Serious with what?” Daehyun asked. Himchan shook his head and approached Daehyun.

“Let’s go down and check them but I don’t want to take long there. I’m still not ready too you know.” Himchan said as he patted Daehyun’s arm and walked through the hall to the staircase.

Daehyun followed him and as soon as they reached the last step of the staircase, Himchan peeked out to the door to the kitchen. He could hear laughter, teasing, and all the things you could say they are having fun. He pouted making his nose scrunch up.

“They sure are having fun.” Himchan said as he leaned on the wall then facing Daehyun.

“Are you ok, hyung?” Daehyun asked and Himchan faintly smiled.

“Sorry.” Himchan said making Daehyun raise his eyebrow at him.

“Sorry for? You didn’t do anything wrong.” Daehyun said.

“Sorry because I’ve been so self-centered.” He said.

“You aren’t, hyung. What are you saying?” Daehyun said.

“Look, they’re having so much fun. What if our groups didn’t fight at all? What if I wasn’t too worked up with the whole cheating thing? They should be having fun like these years ago. I’ve been such an unworthy friend.” He said and Daehyun gave him an assuring smile.

“It’s still not too late hyung.” Daehyun said.

“No doubt you and Yongguk hyung have been long time friends.” Himchan laughed.

“Why?” Daehyun asked.

“Because you said almost the same thing.” Himchan said.

“Oh,” Daehyun said. Himchan gave him a pat on the arm before taking a step up the stairs. “Where are you going?” He asked as he looked at his hyung.

“Room? Or wander around.” He shrugged then left Daehyun. Daehyun watched his hyung until he got up before turning to peek to the kitchen again.

“They seem to be having fun. I don’t want to destroy that beautiful moment.” He thought shrugging as he inserted his hands inside his pocket but before he could get up, a voice called him.

“Daehyun?” The voice isn’t familiar so he looked around and found Suho. “It’s you.” Suho said smiling. Daehyun was surprised because he wasn’t expecting that kind of treatment. “What are you doing standing there? Everyone’s having fun in the kitchen.” He said.

“I,” Daehyun was out of words.

“Don’t worry. I don’t bite.” Suho laughed.

“No, I didn’t mean that.” He said embarrassed of himself.

“This was requested by our dongsaeng if you’re wondering but it’s also our own will.” Suho said smiling.

“Oh,” Daehyun said looking away.

“Do you want to join the fun?” Suho asked.

“Ah, n-no. It’s ok. I might just destroy it.” He said and Suho released a small smile.

“If that’s what you want but don’t hesitate to join us.” Suho said patting him on the shoulder before going back to the kitchen. He watched Suho’s back and sighed to himself.

“Why are they doing this? Why is she doing this?” He thought as he walked up the stairs.

Daehyun’s POV

I went back to the second floor and decided to go to Himchan hyung since it’s boring when I’m just by myself in my room. I knocked on his door and when I didn’t hear anything, I looked in and found him nowhere.

“Where’s he?” I thought to myself as I closed the door. I searched for him through the hall to the terrace but still, he wasn’t there. I then found the stairs leading up to another floor. “Did he go up there?” I then made my way up the next floor. It was no different than the second floor though this floor has less doors than the second.

“Himchan hyung?” I called but there was no answer. “Hyung?” I called but still, there was no answer.

I then checked the rooms and found that most of it are entertainment rooms. One is a room with a big plasma TV. Another room has a pool and other game stuffs. Another room has a grand piano and some instruments. The next door was a medium-sized room with shelves of books and one long table with chairs so I’m guessing it’s a study room. There was one last room that I haven’t opened and when I did, I was surprised. It was actually a dance room!

“That dimwit dances?” I smirked. It was just a normal dance studio. A glass mirror on one side and some poles for ballet. “Whoah, I can’t believe that girl sure dances.” I muttered to myself.

 I walked out the room and clsoed the door. Where the heck is Himchan hyung? He’s nowhere to be found in the third floor. My forehead creased when I found another stair leading up. What the?! I walked up and found that it was a rooftop. Sht. This house is gigantic! I looked around and there, I found Himchan hyung staring to distance. I walked beside him and leaned on the railings.

“I’ve been looking around for you. What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Nothing. Breathing some fresh air. You, what are you doing here?” He asked.

“I was looking for you. I’m bored.” I said.

“Why don’t you join them?” He asked.

“I was actually asked to join them but I refused. I might not fit in and I might just destroy that perfect moment.” I said. He nodded. “Stop being too serious hyung. It’s freaking me out.” I joked hitting him playfully on the arm. He chuckled.

“Won’t you go around the city?” He asked turning to me. I shrugged.

“I’m not ready yet.” I said.

“Why not? You can’t waste time.” He said. I kept quiet as I looked far.

“It’s still hurts hyung.” I said.

“It would hurt because you won’t learn to let go.” He said. “How about we both try to forget and let go?” He said turning to me. I turned to face him and gave him a queer look.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“We’ll try to forget all the pain and bad memories. You’ll try to forgive your father while I’ll try to forgive Lay.” He said making me surprised. For the first time, he didn’t call Lay bastard.

“You sure are serious.” I smirked.

“I am.” He said.

“I’ll try.” I said.

“Don’t try. Do it. I’ll help you us a hyung.” He said. I leaned on the railings.

“Fine. I’ll do it but I don’t know when I’ll learn to do it.” I said. I heard him softly chuckle.

“You’re Jung Daehyun right? You can’t do nothing.” He said and I laughed.

“Not all hyung, not all.” I said.

“Let’s go. They might be looking for us already.” He said and I nodded. We went down as I told him what I discovered at the third floor and he was also surprised and was wondering if we could use that room. Luckily, we were just in time when Zelo came calling us for lunch.

Hyomi’s POV

The cooking finished in two hours. We were not fixing the plates on the table and everything until I noticed BAP talking to themselves as they help in arranging. I didn’t have to ask to know because I’m sure it’s because of their mask. I approached them after gathering my courage and put on a small smile.

“Are you thinking about your mask?” I asked and they looked at each other except for Jongup.

“Uhm,” They uttered. I began thinking of solutions until I thought of the backyard but it’s going to be cold there. Uhm.

“It’s ok. We’ll just eat somewhere.” Yongguk sunbaenim said.

“H-Huh? No. You’re my guests. You should eat at the table.” I said and even though I can’t see their lips, I know they had a small smile.

“It’s ok, really. Are there other place we could eat at?” He asked.

“You could eat at the backyard by the pool but its cold there. You could eat in your rooms if you want but won’t it be difficult?” I said.

“That’ll be fine. We’ll just eat in our rooms.” Yongguk sunbaenim said.

“Don’t worry about that. We’ll do just fine.” Jongup said and I bit my lower lip.

“Sorry I couldn’t help you.” I said.

“It’s ok. Letting us in your house is already big help. So we’ll just get our food. Thanks.” Yongguk sunbaenim said and went to get their foods already.

“Are you sure you guys will be ok?” I asked as Jongup stayed behind. His eyes smiled.

“Of course. We’re BAP right?” He said as he pinched my cheeks.

“Ouch.” I said as I pushed his hand away.

“So I’ll go get my food now.” He said and left me. I pouted but then broke into a small smile. How could people find them as bad guys when in fact their so nice? I shrugged the thought away and got my own food.

“Where’s BAP going?” Minseok oppa asked as he settled on the table.

“They’re eating in their room.” I said and he gave me a queer look. “Their mask.” I said getting what he’s thinking.

“Oh, why? Can’t they remove it in front of us?” He asked and I shrugged. He just nodded and begun eating.

“We’re going up now, noona.” Zelo said as he got his food. I smiled and nodded. We all begun eating but I know it’ll be much better with BAP around. I wonder when they’ll be ready to show us their faces.

Daehyun’s POV

“Hyung, let’s eat at the rooftop.” Himchan hyung said and the four looked at us confused.

“There is?” Youngjae said and we both nodded.

“We went there a while ago. This place is huge.” I said and they smiled. We walked up to the rooftop and closed the door when we reached there.

“Whoah, it feels nice here.” Zelo said as he smiled.

“Oh! There’s a table. Let’s eat there.” Jongup said and we followed him to a round table.

“There are only four chairs.” Youngjae said.

“Zelo should take one already.” Yongguk hyung said and Zelo pouted.

“Not just because I’m the maknae you have to give me special treatment.” He groaned but he still took a sit. He started eating but looked up at us when he noticed that no one of us was taking the other three seats. “Are you just going to stand there?” He asked.

“Jongup, take the other chair.” Youngjae said.

“What? You take it.” Jongup said.

“Himchan hyung, sit down.” Youngjae said.

“No. I’m the hyung here.” He said.

“That’s why, you sit.” Jongup said.

“Yah, are you ordering me?” He said.

“Let’s just not all sit then.” Zelo stood up. We looked at each other then laughed. I looked around the place and the clothe covering the table caught my attention.

“Hyung, please hold this for a while.” I said as I give Yongguk hyung my plate. I got the small flower pot from the table and put it on the floor and pulled the cloth off.

“Let’s use this.” I smiled and they smiled back, nodding. I put the cloth down on the floor and we sat around it, putting our plates on the cloth.

“This is better.” Jongup smiled as he started eating. We started eating also. The silence was fine. It’s not important for us to utter a word just to show we’re having pleasure just like that. It wasn’t cold nor was it hot. Just how we like.

“You guys were having fun earlier, eo?” Himchan hyung said and all of us stopped eating. He turned to us and laughed. “What? I’m just saying you guys had fun.” He said.

“Sorry hyung. We didn’t mean—“

“What are you saying sorry for? I’m the one who should be sorry.” He said and I know then what this will lead to. A serious talk.

“Hyung has been saying sorry to me, you know that?” I said, smirking.

“Why?” Youngjae asked.

“Because he’s been self-centered, he said.” I said and Himchan hyung nudged me.

“I have a mouth to talk you know.” He said and I chuckled.

“I know but hearing it from you would just sound so funny.” I said.

“Then when it’s you, it’s not?” He said and I nodded. We all broke into a fit of laughter.

“Yeah, right.” He said.

“Are you telling us you realized it already?” Yongguk hyung said.

“Realized what?” Zelo asked. This innocent kid, aigoo.

“Hyung’s being so serious. It’s freaking me out.” Jongup said.

“We know right?” Youngjae said and Himchan hyung hissed.

“It’s just sometimes so give me the chance ok?” Himchan hyung said and we laughed but nodded. “Seriously, I’ve been a bastard. Sorry for not thinking about you guys all along. I’ve thought of it and,”

“That’s great.” Yongguk hyung said making us look at him. He looked at us. “What?” He said and he laughed.

“You just have to ruin the moment, hyung.” Jongup said.

“Oh, sorry?” Yongguk hyung said and we giggled.

“Going back, I’ve thought of it and wondered how it’ll be when I’ve not been such a bastard.” He said but he was cut in my Youngjae.

“You love that word huh? The last time I remember, you call Lay that.” He said and Himchan hyung glared at him.

“Just listen, could you?” He said and Youngjae grinned.

“Sorry.” He said and Himchan groaned talking again.

“You guys were having fun a while ago and then I realized that if we didn’t fight with them, it should’ve been years ago that you guys bond with them like that.” He said and softly smiled. “Sorry.” He repeated.

“Ey, it’s ok. Besides, we were feeling uncomfortable a while ago too.” Zelo said obviously trying to make Himchan hyung feel better.

“Like what I said, it’s not yet too late. You could still fix your relationship with Lay. Use this time given to you and don’t waste it.” Yongguk hyung said and Youngjae, Jongup, and Zelo nodded while I remained silent. “And you,” I gulped. I looked up at hyung.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Don’t think we’ve forgotten about you moving on too.” He said and I looked down on my food.

“I know. I’ll do it, ok?” I said and they smiled.

“That’s Jung Daehyun!” Jongup said.

“Also Himchan hyung! That’s the Kim Himchan we met!” Zelo said. We all smiled.

“From now on, we’ll help these two guys to forgive and move on, eo?” Yongguk hyung said and the three nodded.

“Before anything else, who are we again?” Youngjae said and we turned to him with a confused face. He pouted. “Uri,” He put his hand out making us smile and slowly, while saying our group name, we put our hands on top of each other. This is us, a group who never gives up, a group who would keep on fighting. That’s us, BAP.

Hyomi’s POV

We were eating but I can’t concentrate since I’m thinking how BAP is doing in their rooms or wherever they ate. I barely touched my food and I guess Baekhyun oppa noticed it since he nudged me.

“The food is to be eaten not to be stared at.” He said.

“What are you thinking?” Luhan oppa asked.

“Nothing. Just some things.” I said.

“Are you thinking of BAP?” Suho oppa asked and I didn’t hide my thoughts already and nodded.

“We’ve been nice, right?” Tao oppa said and I nodded.

“It’s not that.” I said.

“Then what?” Kyungsoo oppa said.

“I guess their still not ready to open up.” I said with a sigh.

“I’ll say what she wanted to say.” Minseok oppa said. “She’s sad since BAP won’t eat with us because they won’t remove their masks in front of us.” He said and I nodded.

“We couldn’t do anything with that. We couldn’t force them to remove their mask if they don’t want to.” Kai oppa said.

“I know and I hope they would trust us more.” I said.

“Don’t think about it too much. They’ll open up when they know it’s the right time. For now, eat before your food gets eaten by Minseok hyung.” Jongdae oppa said and we all laughed while Minseok oppa snickered.

I’ll wait for that because never in my life did I get this curious of things and be bothered like this. 

 


 

Sorry if it's a little bit serious for this chapter but the next chapter will be not! That's a promise! The drama part is over, for now. :D Please wait for it! THANK YOU!