Chapter 65: Coffee Shop

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


When the two of them got out of the squash room, Wonwoo let go of the handle on the cable tower. His glasses had been foggy and he had to put them away so he had to squint his eyes when Eunhye went to them with Zico walking closely behind her. Why were they too close to each other?

Wonwoo took out his glasses from his pocket and put it on. Only then did he see that Zico had both hands around Eunhye's shoulders as if trolling her in front of him as they made their way among the gym equipment. His eyes narrowed and a chill went down his spine, especially when the two just walked past him and talked to Chanyeol about something.

She finally walked away from them, only to stand in front of the wall mirror and release her hair from the ponytail. He watched Eunhye comb her hands through her long locks and redo her hair. When she was satisfied, she turned to him, making him blink.

"Are you done?" she asked, gesturing at the cable tower. Her lips were in a pout. "I'm tired."

Was she doing aegyo? He knew he asked her to talk to her friend (who was now warming up like nothing happened), but it kind of irked him that after just one conversation she was okay, after being so worked up about it for so many days.

"Yeah, I was already cooling down," he said, getting up.

They bade their friends goodbye soon after and proceeded to the shower rooms to wash off (separately, of course). As Wonwoo let the water run down his body, he wondered what happened. He also thought about how he would ask her without sounding too needy or too demanding. She looked too happy after making up with her best friend and he knew he was the one who pushed her into doing it but he was getting jealous again.

He checked himself out in the mirror. His biceps and traps ached after the program he did that day, making him more sensitive and moody. Wonwoo could not help but notice how much Zico had grown just since the last two weeks that he had seen him and compare it to his. He did not feel like his chest grew at all. Should he focus on that for the meantime? He remembered how Eunhye looked at him the previous night when she ran a hand through his chest and he was even clothed at the time.

And what was he going to do about his legs?! His upper body had developed better than he thought they would but his legs were still as thin as they had been before he started working out. He groaned at his reflection, thinking there was very little time and he a lot of things to do.

When he came out, Eunhye was already done and was waiting for him while playing a rhythm game on the phone. He noticed the background was different and asked her about it, and she told him it was from the same designer but for a different label company. How she kept finding these games, and the amount of time she spent on them amazed him. How was she able to game and still be a good student?

The gym he went to was only a few blocks from his work place and they walked to it. She was quiet on the way there. Wonwoo was hoping she would tell him what she and Zico talked about. He needed to know what she told him about her feelings for him.

He still had less than an hour before his shift started and they agreed to have lunch on the restaurant next door. Having less appetite, she just ordered the smallest serving of cream pasta, whereas Wonwoo ordered a full course meal with an extra bowl of rice. After the exercise, he was extra hungry.

Eunhye watched Wonwoo eat, feeling a proud lump in her chest at seeing him enjoy it. He must have been hungry after all the energy he used. She spied a stray grain of rice on the side of his chin and her hand reached out to wipe it automatically.

"Eat slowly," she told him. "We still have thirty minutes until your shift."

As if on cue, and thanks to her sweet gesture, the food he was chewing went down his windpipe by mistake. Coughing and punching his chest, he took a huge gulp out of the glass of cola to steady his breathing.

"Are you sure you're okay with staying at the cafe?"

She nodded, finishing off her pasta. Eunhye honestly wanted to just lie down and sleep the rest of the day after trying a few sets to work on her non-existent abs, but she knew what she promised him.

"If you want to rest, I'll send you home first," he offered.

Eunhye shook her head. "I wanted to spend the whole day with you so I'll be watching you like a hawk while ordering a cup of turkish coffee every hour."

Wonwoo chuckled. "I think I developed a trauma on that brew."

She glanced at him, knowing she said the same thing to Seungheon the last time she went there. "Will Gyungie be working today?"

He took another sip of the Coke before answering. "I'm not sure. It's usually my day off so I don't know who's in today. I'm sure your darling oppa will be there, though. He usually work most of the time during weekends to make up for us who's away."

"Huh." That was a long reply but did not really answer her question. "You said Gyungie wanted to apologize to me. Why? What did she do?"

"I don't know," Wonwoo answered, shrugging. "You scared her, that's for sure."

"What about Soyeon?" she asked, talking about the other girl whom she met before he started working there. "Oh, right, she worked mornings because she has classes."

His eyes narrowed. "Why do you know that? Even I barely see Soyeon." He was usually the one who relieved her and she went home whenever Wonwoo arrived. "We have the same rest days, so no, she won't be there."

"Too bad," she said, pouting while showing interest in her nails. "I liked her."

"You like Soyeon but you don't like Minkyung."

She did not answer that and went on studying her nail beds. Should she consider nail art again? She used to like painting her nails herself when she realized she was almost as ambidextrous as Zico, but stopped when she had to type on the keyboard most of the time and her long nails made it hard for her to do that so she had to cut them.

"How did your talk with Zico-hyung go?"

Eunhye noticed the honorifics was still there and it relieved her, but also felt jealous because he rarely called HER, "Noona" or "Sunbae". She looked at him and knew he had been dying to ask her that question.

"Just like you wanted," she said, making sure to point out that it was all his idea. "I heard him out. He explained when it started and what he wanted to do about it."

"What about what you wanted to do about it?"

"I'm dating you."

"Yeah, so?"

"Yeah, so, what's your question?"

He gritted his teeth at this ping pong match, but held his breath. "What did you tell him? What were you going to do that you know he's in love with you."

Wonwoo was getting pissed and she knew it. She had to hide her giggle. Gosh, was he handsome when he was angry. It made her want to pounce on him and kiss that frown off his face but she just laid back on her seat, eyeing him.

"He told me he liked me for a very long time, knew I had a boyfriend but asked me to think if it was possible that I went out with him instead."

She knew the words. She formed them. She repeated the sentence in Japanese, and when she looked at Wonwoo's eyes she knew he was so close to snapping. "So I said, 'Gomen. Tsuki atte iru hito ga daisuki dakara muzukashii desu.' And that was it." [A/N: Sorry. I'm in love with the person I am dating so that's impossible.]

He rolled his eyes. "What does that even mean?" She talked too fast and he only caught the word, sorry. He knew enough Japanese that it was the first word out of a rejection sentence but he also thought he hear d the word, love, and he had never heard her say that to him.

"Just that I couldn't accept it. We decided to stay friends."

She knew Wonwoo was not satisfied with her answer and guessed that he must be fuming at the moment. Yet, she wanted to get back at him for forcing her to do it, even if he had her best interests in heart.

"And he's not in love with me anymore," she assured him, also so she could change the subject. "His feelings died when he met Jieun. But then he's too stupid and hung up on Seolhyun to actually act on what he felt for the better girl."

"That's it?" he asked, knowing that was all he was going to get from her. "Two weeks of sulking and crying over him and it was gone, just like that? What happened to 'I'll never talk to Jiho ever again'?"

"I need him for my game," she pointed out. She was not lying when she said that, and that burden had been lifted off her shoulders now that she and Zico made up. She would be sure to have the best graphics for her game. "I have to stop being mad at him or I'm going to go crazy working on the characters."

As they made their way to the cafe, she knew he was still sulky but she did not translate the word for him. Whenever he tried to open the topic again, she shut him down. In the end, Wonwoo just stopped talking about it.

*****

Gyungie was there.

The moment she entered the coffee shop, her eyes met the ones belonging to the tall girl behind the counter. Eunhye did all the mind control that she knew and put on a smile as she went up to the counter and checked the menu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter