Chapter 57: A Ride of Hurts

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Wonwoo woke up alone. His hand reached over under the sheets but Eunhye was not there. He felt a wave of deja vu and he sat up, feeling slightly dizzy from the sudden movement. It was already bright out and she had left the entrance open.

"Good morning," Dongwook said as he passed by and found him trying to wake up. "Oh, matching PJs. Cute."

Eunhye appeared, smiling at Wonwoo. She crawled back in the tent and zipped it up a little. "Hello there," she said.

He squinted at her and she chuckled, handing him his glasses. "You're up."

"I had to make ramyeon with Dongwook," she reminded him. She and Dongwook lost the game the previous night and the penalty was to wake up early than the rest of them to cook breakfast. "I didn't know you'd be up this early."

He checked his phone and saw it was barely six in the morning. He lied back down. "I'm getting more sleep."

She hit his hip. "You're awake now. Have some breakfast, or some coffee. We only have instant ones, though."

"I barely had sleep last night," he complained.

"Oh, and you think I did?"

Wonwoo smiled stupidly. Despite her threatening him the day before their trip, she gave in to him the previous night. He pulled her down with him and held her close.

"Ya," she protested but did not really get up.

"You look okay now," Wonwoo noted. "Did you and Zico-hyung make up?"

Her smile disappeared and she got up. "I gotta go and check on the ramyeon."

He did not get up right after and stayed under the blankets for a few more minutes. He scrolled through his phone and remembered he had poor service at the location, which was annoying because he heard Eunhye's phone pinging with notifications the previous night. When he came out of their tent, she, Dongwook and Hyoseob were helping themselves to the cooked ramyeon.

Eunhye handed him a cup and pulled a stool next to her, gesturing for him to sit beside her. Wonwoo eyed the cup suspiciously, remembering a time when his friend, Jeonghan, put cider on his ramyeon before. They had told Eunhye about it and she had a tendency to pull pranks on him, too, so he sniffed it first before taking a sip of the broth. When he tasted just the regular ramyeon, he sat down and ate, realizing he was hungry.

Hyoseob opened the zipper to the tent in the middle which Zico and Dean shared. "Hyuk-a, the ramyeon's gonna get all soggy now."

Dean also got up groggily, took off his earphones and bowed slightly when Hyoseob handed him a cup and a pair of chopsticks. Dean held the chopsticks just like Wonwoo did, but realized his cup was empty. He glared at Hyoseob.

"What?" Hyoseob asked. "I'm not your girlfriend. Get your own serving."

"Where's Jiho?" Dongwook asked, seeing the tent was now empty.

"He slept in the car," Dean said, massaging the back of his ear. "Ah, my head hurts. I probably forgot to turn the volume down."

"No kidding," Eunhye said. She could hear the music coming out of the earphones. "I told you how to set the sleep timer on that thing."

"Did anyone bring a charger?" Hyoseob asked. "I slept with my music on and now my battery's dead."

Eunhye disconnected her phone from her portable charger and handed it to him. Wonwoo watched these small exchanges, realizing the three other guys all slept with their earphones on. He wondered if they did that on a usual basis or just because the only couple in their group shared a tent. If he had known, he would not have made much fuss about the noises they made. He had to hide his grin behind a chopstick serve of ramyeon.

"Jiho's not eating?" Hyoseob asked to no one in particular. He finished his cup and was eyeing the pot for another serve.

Dean shrugged. "He got up around two thirty saying he couldn't sleep here."

Wonwoo choked on the ramyeon. "Two thirty?"

"I think so," Dean said. "He started tossing around for a while, then finally got up and said he was sleeping in the car."

Wonwoo eyed Eunhye but she gave him an innocent look. If Zico was up around that time, he must have heard something. They had tried to be quiet, but Eunhye had never been good at keeping her sounds to herself...

"Why are you asking?" Dean asked, realizing something. He eyed Wonwoo suspiciously. He turned the volume up on his earphones on purpose while he slept even though he doubted Eunhye would be THAT liberated. 

"Nothing," Eunhye answered for him.

Dean dropped his chopsticks and set his cup on the table, looking disgusted. Now it made sense to him what got Zico so pissed, enough to decide to sleep in the car. "Ah, Jung Eunhye. You're banned from the next camping."

"What?! WHY?"

"Ew." Hyoseob did the same, crushing his paper cup and throwing it dramatically at her. "That's not how I brought you up, Eunhye. I get it you are in love with our little Wonwoo here but come on. We were right outside!"

Eunhye went red in the face. She already anticipated their reaction, although it came too late. She was thankful this morning to realize her friends were like her who slept with music in their ears despite that being a health hazard.

She shrugged. They were all adults there, anyway. "Well, he's not 'little' Wonwoo, to start with."

"You DID NOT just say that," Hyoseob protested.

"I'll go wake Zico-hyung," Wonwoo announced, getting up. He could not stand this friends being way to familiar with each other.

"Yeap, you go do that," Dongwook muttered.

Wonwoo started to walk to the direction of the parking area, just as he heard Dean say, "He was blushing."

He was sorry to leave Eunhye there with her bullying friends but he could not help it. He only read the term "walk of shame" in books and he wondered if this was it. He was the guy, he should not feel this way. He got to the parking area and found Chanyeol's Benz, which Zico drove with. There was no one on the front seat so he checked the back and there he was, covering his face with his jacket. Apparently, he was another person who needed blinds to sleep.

Wonwoo knocked on the glass. "Hyung."

Zico bolted upright, disoriented. He blinked at Wonwoo before rolling the window down. Wonwoo noticed a small bruise on his left cheekbone. "Yo."

"Breakfast is ready, Hyung," Wonwoo told him.

His eyes were still closed and he just nodded at Wonwoo. "Thanks," he muttered. Zico realized Wonwoo was just standing there so he waved. "I'll go in a minute. You can go ahead, kid."

When he got to the camping grounds, Eunhye was in the tent, tidying up her bag. Seeing her, Wonwoo did the same and later helped her take down their tent. He could tell she did it before with how fast she cleaned up. He remembered how he struggled in putting it up since he volunteered to do it and realized what her cocky grin meant when she turned away the previous day. She even helped Dongwook with taking down their tent as well.

Wonwoo had a feeling she was avoiding Zico by pretending to be busy, and the other one was doing so, as well. When Eunhye took care of the disposable dishes, Zico was still eating, and later took care of his own trash. Without even sparing Zico a look, Eunhye went back to Wonwoo and asked if he already got everything he needed.

"Hye-ah," Dean said, coming up from behind her. "Can you ride with Jiho instead?"

"No!" Eunhye and Zico said at the same time.

"Your neighborhood is kinda out of the way and I need to be somewhere before lunch," Dean explained. He pointed to the three of them, including Wonwoo. "You're all going in the same direction."

"Makes sense," Wonwoo muttered.

"I'm not riding with Jiho."

"Who said I'm driving you?" Zico retorted.

Dean looked at Wonwoo with a silent plea. What made Dean think he would be able to change Eunhye's mind, Wonwoo had no idea. When he shrugged, Dean gestured for him to talk to Eunhye.

"Noona," Wonwoo started. "Maybe we could--"

"It's not even YOUR car," Eunhye snapped at Zico. She did not like it that he would say it was HIM who did not like the idea.

"Yeah? Then why don't you get your OWN car?"

"We'll find our way back to Seoul," Eunhye announced, pulling Wonwoo with her away from the camping grounds. He could see Dean trying to convince Zico.

"How do you think you'll do that?" Wonwoo asked her, a tad annoyed at her tantrum. His backpack was heavy, which meant hers was, as well. She refused to hand it to him when he tried to take it from her.

"There are no buses. There are no cabs. Are you going to hitch hike all the way to Seoul? Does anyone even stop to let strangers in their car in this generation?"

"I don't know," Eunhye admitted. "But there's no way I'll stay in a closed space with that prick."

"Why did you fight in the first place?" Wonwoo asked. He was dying with curiousity and he was starting to get jealous of all this fighting. Not that he liked it if they would fight, but another guy was occupying her mind right now and he did not like it.

"Because he's stupid."

"Why are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter