Chapter 50: His Side

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you sure we still have time for this?" Zico looked up from Eunhye's iPad. She showed him her suggested project. 

The two of them paired up for it. After talking to Chanyeol about an idea that had been dancing around her head, she realized it was the best concept for the Final Term project for the class they had with Professor Lee. After warning Chanyeol not to copy her idea (he was paired with Kim Myungsoo), she showed Zico her idea.

"Won't we need a prototype for this?" Zico went on.

"Not really," she said. She already thought about those issues previously. "We only need to submit a study. A rough schematic diagram should do."

Zico stared at her, jaw dropped. "You'll have to ask help from the Electronics Engineering department for that."

Eunhye pursed her lips. "I actually took Advanced Electronics as an elective two years ago."

"That's a major subject for Electronics Engineering major," Zico argued. "Are you telling me you took it as an elective?"

She nodded. "More like a minor. You guys were in the military. What was I supposed to do when I only had a few classes for Computer Science? I took it for this exact reason, so I would not need that much help from other departments for future studies. Besides, it was your dad who made the call so they would allow it."

"That's why he said I was not studying enough," Zico muttered. "Why do you always make me look like a bad student to my own parents? I never got anything lower than a B-!"

"I never even got a B+."

Zico aimed a punch at her at being such a show off but turned his attention back to the document she had on the iPad. He leaned back on the seat, nodding. "But yeah, this is good. I don't even know how you come up with these stuff."

"I passed by a motorcycle accident the other day," she admitted. "They said the guy was drunk. Donghae-oppa said they had to amputate his leg."

That made Zico shudder, although, it sounded logical for her to be inspired by that to think of a technology program. He just thought it was a waste that they were submitting it to that Professor Scumbag as a project.

"At least it will be on the school files this time," Eunhye said, taking a sip of her Venti iced americano with an extra shot of espresso. "It will always have my name as the submitter, no matter to whom it was submitted to."

One thing she liked about this particular school was that all the assignments given to them were submitted in a database that would have their school's official seal. That proposal was handed in by a close senior of hers who heard about her case with Professor Lee back in highschool (just the part about the fight for program rights). She would not forget Kwon Yuri's smile at her when she told Eunhye that her proposal had been taken into consideration by the school board. Of course, it was backed up by Zico's father, who convinced most of the shareholders that it would bring their school higher up in the rankings (which it really did in a semester right after the implementation).

Zico smiled, knowing full well what she meant. He was about to say something else but her phone rang, filling the air with a hiphop song called, "Tell Me, Yes or No."

"Yep?" he heard her say. She told the person on the other line which cafe she was at.

"Who was that?" he asked.

"Mark."

Zico's eyes narrowed. "You're talking now?" She nodded. "Does Wonwoo know about this?"

Eunhye frowned at him. "I don't need anyone's permission to talk to anyone." She grabbed the iPad from him and fumbled with it. "I sent you the file. Please take a look at the motorcycle side of things for me."

"What did Mark need?" Zico asked, not dropping the subject.

She shrugged. "I don't know. He's on his way here to tell me."

"What is it that he can't say over the phone?"

It was her turn to narrow her eyes at him. "What's your problem? I told you, Mark did not really cheat on me. Even if he did, it doesn't matter now because I'm in love with someone else."

He scoffed and pulled his phone out to check his email. "You sent me the wrong file. Why would I want to read 'Call Me by Your Name'?"

"Sorry," she apologized, hiding a smirk.

"Isn't this the book about homouals?"

She aimed a whack at him. "It's more than that. Why can't that be just like any other romance novels?"

"Uh, because it's about two guys and it's gross?"

Eunhye just gritted her teeth and sent Zico the correct file. They discussed their plans for their project for a few minutes longer until Mark arrived, whose steps froze when he saw Zico. Eunhye shook her head at him to tell him it was okay. She pulled a chair and gestured for him to come over.

"What is it?" she asked him when he took his seat.

"What is wrong with your boyfriend?" Mark asked. Zico snorted. "Is he always that rude?"

Eunhye sighed and forced herself to smile. "What did he do to get you this mad?"

"Well, he just walked out of the class this morning," Mark said. "Five minutes after the class started, he packed up and left. Then after the class, he came and asked me to get Professor Lee to sign his withdrawal paper."

"Withdrawal paper?" Zico repeated. "This time of the year? Which professor Lee are we talking about? There are three in the Programming department alone."

Eunhye just had to give Zico a look for him to get his answer. Mark handed her the application for withdrawal. Just as Mark had said, the applicant's name said Jeon Wonwoo. What shocked her was that it was for two major subjects. She did not think Wonwoo would that be irresponsible but she also knew it had something to do with what she told him. She should have know not to tell him about it. It was not fair for her to unload it on him just so she would not feel guilty about hiding it from him.

Zico snatched the paper away from her and checked it himself. He read the reason for withdrawal. "Personal reasons? He should have just laid out everything, at least get the Administrative Office to investigate." He handed it back to Eunhye and laid back on the seat again. "At least he is brave. Maybe we should do that, too. I take it you told Wonwoo what happened?"

"What's going on?" Mark asked.

"Oh right," Zico muttered. "You didn't know."

"Know what?" Mark could tolerate Chanyeol but he was never in real good terms with this other bestfriend of hers.

"Nothing," Eunhye said quickly. She waved the withdrawal application at Mark. "Thanks for giving me this. I'll talk to him about it."

"There should be a good reason

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter