Chapter 45: Her Side

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol checked his phone one more time as he made his way to his usual gym to excercise. Eunhye had not been reading his texts, nor did she return any of his calls. Hani said she came home like nothing was wrong and he was guessing Eunhye was not going to hear the end of it from her roommate.

He left her another message before slipping his phone in his bag. "Don't ever call me again in the next thirty years of your life. Ever." Chanyeol walked into the gym to find a familiar face. He dropped his bag to one corner next to one that he recognized.

"I thought you couldn't make it tonight," Chanyeol said. "I figured you'd be at Hye's."

Wonwoo got up from the bench press. Chanyeol noticed that the kid was covered in sweat which meant he had been there for a while. They always made a joke about how he sweat so little after so much excercise and that he should probably double his time. He did not answer Chanyeol, let alone acknowledge his presence.

Chanyeol was used to Wonwoo's changing mood by now and had long accepted that he was the male version of his best friend. He found it weird at first, seeing the same mannerisms he saw from someone he grew up with, on someone he just met recently. But then that was probably why he got comfortable with the kid easily. 

"Is it true?" Wonwoo asked after finishing another set.

Chanyeol was just done warming up and went to choose among the weights. "What is?"

"That Professor Lee knocked Eunhye up?"

Chanyeol dropped a 5 kg and almost hit his foot with it if he had not moved it away in time. "Did she tell you already?"

Wonwoo smiled without humor. "So you knew. Of course, you do." He took huge gulps out of his sports drink before going on. "So it is true. Why didn't she keep it? Is it because he denied it being his?"

The older guy narrowed his eyes, wondering whose version of the story Wonwoo heard. He doubted it was Eunhye's. Otherwise, the kid would not have that angry and disgusted look on his face while he talked about someone he begged Chanyeol to talk about so he could get her to like him back.

"Or was it yours?"

Chanyeol's fist collided with Wonwoo's face before he could stop himself. "You don't get to talk about her like that."

"Is that why she didn't want to tell me?" Wonwoo asked, massaging his jaw.

"I don't know where you heard that from," Chanyeol said. "But it's obvious you did not let her explain."

"She said it with her own mouth," he snapped. "But then I don't know what is true about her anymore."

"You don't know enough."

Wonwoo smirked. "You don't know everything about her either," he snapped. "Did she tell you she slept with me the first day we met?" His smirk went further up when he saw the shocked look on Chanyeol's face. "I was her one night stand. Or maybe just one of them. I should probably ask Professor Lee."

Chanyeol grabbed Wonwoo by the collar and glared down at him. They had a staring contest and Chanyeol had the urge to beat the kid to a pulp. However, he knew his friend loved this guy and it would hurt if he hurt him. Eunhye's disappearance finally made sense. So did the uninterested reaction he got from Wonwoo when Chanyeol asked him where she was. If this was how he was acting in front of Chanyeol, he could only imagine what Wonwoo said to Eunhye to make her act like that. Just like his friend who always bottled up her emotions and snap big time, he guessed Wonwoo was that type, too.

"Are you going to listen to me, or keep being an a**hole when you don't even know half of sh*t?"

He saw Wonwoo's glare falter, and thought maybe the guy was really into Eunhye as he said he was. He guessed it was Wonwoo's defense mechanism kicking in because he was hurting, too. When Chanyeol was sure the kid would not challenge him anymore, he let his shirt go.

"Tell me," Wonwoo said.

"Promise me you'll listen until the end," he warned. 

Wonwoo nodded. He needed to know.

Chanyeol eyed him first before going on. "We were in our last year of highschool when Mr. Lee became our computer teacher. We became close with him fast because we were getting ready to apply to computer science schools and he wanted us to get in so he helped more than usual teachers did. By winter semester, we had a suspiscion that Eunhye was dating someone, but she never told us who. She would sometimes disappear after class, and use the excuse that she was developing a program that would make it easier for the teachers to monitor the progress of students, blah blah, so we let her be. It was her dream to get into this school in the US."

Wonwoo thought it did sound like Eunhye to keep something like that, but did not know she started doing programs even before she got to college. 

"But then she also started missing out on a lot of gaming sessions," Chanyeol went on. "And no kidding, the girl did nothing but play games back in highschool. She was even offered to go pro, but she turned that down. It was annoying that she still had better grades than me. Anyway, there were guys who asked her out but she turned all of them down. She told them she was already seeing someone. That's when the rumors went around that the two of us were dating, and so no one asked her out again."

Chanyeol could not read Wonwoo's expression. He wondered if the kid was feeling jealous, which was why he threw that information out in the first place. He did not say anything, though, so Chanyeol went back to the story.

"It was almost the end of the semester when Mr. Lee announced he was going back to the military," he continued. "Coincidentally, Eunhye had started hanging out with us again, although not as often as she did before. It was almost Christmas break and Eunhye was over at my house." He paused when he saw the look on Wonwoo's eyes. "Don't give me that look--we were pulling up an all nighter, playing League of Legends. There were four of us. But then she started bleeding and I got her to a hospital. She begged me to bring her somewhere far away from her brother's, so I took her to one that was far from our neighborhood.

"They told us she had been three weeks pregnant and said something about it growing in her F-tube, or something, whatever that was. She wouldn't tell me who the father was, and the hospital needed a guardian's consent to let us go. I could not tell our parents or my sister so I called the closest teacher I knew. I didn't know about the two of them at the time. Mr. Lee came and introduced himself as our homeroom teacher. When th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter