Sixty six

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

'' What?! '' Chaerin asked '' Is that a good thing or a bad thing? '' She added.

'' He'll make sure that none of his dirty past shows up '' Seung Hyun answered. 

'' That's why we should be careful '' Dara said as she went to the door and after making sure the Lees were gone, she closed the door and turned to the others '' Joo Yeon was trying to sedate you '' She revealed making Chaerin gasp and the men to look at her with not a complete shock.

'' Then... The doctor '' Seungri started as he pointed to Jiyong.

'' I told him to lie '' Dara explained '' I was afraid that if he said that in front of her, she may do something to hid it " She explained.

'' That was a smart thing to do, Dara '' Seung Hyun commented. 

Dara nodded then she looked at Jiyong '' Yubin told me that she gave you some juice and cookies '' He nodded.

'' Yes... I didn't think that she'd get to the point where she'll poison me '' He defended.

Dara rolled her eyes and scoffed '' Of course, you didn't '' She gave him a glare that he avoided as he looked down and Seungri and Seung Hyun were both holding in their laughter. '' She could have killed you and you wouldn't think about it, of course, she's a little saint after all '' She added as she kept her piercing glare.

He was still not looking at her as he cleared his throat '' Didn't the doctor say when I'll be able to be out of here? '' He asked and all of them looked at Dara.

'' If there's nothing, then you'll be out tomorrow " She said '' But you won't '' She added and he finally looked up at her. She crossed her arms and raised a brow '' You're not planning to die within a month or a little bit more, do you? '' 

" What are you saying? '' He asked taken aback.

'' Your liver is inflamed, Jiyong. Stopping the alcohol alone won't cure it. I've been telling you to go and see a doctor for a while, but of course, you don't listen to what I say '' She said matter of factly and Jiyong looked away '' But since we're already in a hospital, then you'll see the doctor and do all the tests and the biopsy needed... We have to know exactly to what degree the inflammation is and then we'll see what's the best treatment '' She continued. 

'' What are you talking about? '' Seung Hyun asked frowning. 

'' Is Jiyong sick? '' Seungri added and Chaerin gave him her '' Are you kidding me look ''. '' I mean, does he have some sort of a disease or something? '' He cleared. 

Before Jiyong could say anything, Dara spoke '' He was diagnosed with alcoholic hepatitis because of his excessive alcohol use in the last few years " 

'' What?! That can be cured, right? Nothing will happen to him! '' Seungri exclaimed, really worried for his friend.

'' Yes, he'll be better if he follows the correct treatment and stops drinking alcohol '' She explained. 

'' You should do as she says, Ji. Your health is the priority right now '' Seung Hyun said before he looked down at his watch. '' I'm really sorry, guys but I have to go back home, Bom will start to get worried if I don't get going now '' He added and Jiyong nodded. '' I'll come again tomorrow '' 

'' Wait, we'll go with you '' Seungri said as he looked at Chaerin who nodded.

'' You're staying here? '' She asked Dara.

'' She is '' Jiyong answered in her behalf and Chaerin smiled then after saying their goodbyes, the trio left leaving Jiyong and Dara by themselves.

 

 

 

She took the seat next to his bed and started going through her phone. Jiyong was watching her then, he sighed.

 

 

'' Are you mad at me? '' He suddenly asked and she looked at him for a while then she put her phone down and turned to face him.

'' You tell me, Jiyong. For days you've been telling me to be careful and cautious of what that woman and her father may do. You even know what they did to me and to my family yet you went to her house all alone without thinking that she may do something to hurt you! '' Her voice was getting a little bit louder. When she saw that he was looking down and was really sorry she sighed '' But it doesn't matter right now... Fighting over it won't get us anywhere... '' She stated '' I just... '' She stopped making him look at her '' I just don't want anything bad to happen to you... I've already lost my family because of them and I don't want to lose you too again '' She confessed.

'' You won't '' He instantly said as he reached for her hands '' I will be more careful, I promise... I just... It was just foolish of me to think that she wouldn't try to hurt me '' He continued as his thumbs massaged her palms.

'' Why would she try to sedate you? '' She asked and he shook his head. 

'' I don't know... She was probably planning something but it didn't work '' He answered then Dara thought of something.

'' Could it be... '' She stopped and Jiyong looked up at her frowning.

'' Could it be what? '' 

Dara met his eyes and frowned '' What if she was going to kidnap you? Huh? As Yubin said, there were no guards or maids at the villa... What is she was about to take you somewhere? '' She shared and Jiyong went quiet. Everything could happen with Joo Yeon.

'' Whatever it was, it didn't happen '' He said '' We just need to think about to do next '' He added.

'' But first, you need to see a doctor, we won't leave this place before you do so '' She reminded and Jiyong nodded like a good boy. He took her hands up and kissed them gently before he started drawing patterns on them with his thumbs. They were quiet when Dara suddenly shared.

'' I met my grandmother today '' 

Jiyong looked up at her, his lips parted slightly and his brows raised. '' What? '' He muttered and she nodded.

'' She came in the afternoon after I told Sang Hyun '' She revealed and that's when Jiyong remembered that she was planning to speak with her brother.

'' Did you tell him everything? '' He asked and she nodded looking down for a second.

'' He... He didn't take it lightly, he was angry and he said that he'll never accept her '' She told him, heaving a sigh.

Jiyong knew that something like that might happen so he quickly said '' That's normal, baby. Sang Hyun probably grew up seeing your parents struggling and having no family around... That's why he reacted like that, just give him some time and he'll come around... It's not easy to absorb everything and accept it right away '' He reasoned yet Dara kept looking down, a sad expression on her face.

'' I know but... It's just that while growing up, I've always dreamt of having a big happy family... I know my parents and my sister are gone but at least I want the rest of our family to be together... We suffered a lot and after Lee gets what he deserves, I want to have the family that I always wanted '' She whispered the last part but Jiyong was close enough to hear it. 

He smiled warmly at her even though she wasn't looking '' You'll get it, sweetheart, you'll get it... After everything is over with Lee, it'll only be a matter of time before Sang Hyun accepts your grandmother '' He assured '' There's also your aunt, maybe he'll be able to accept her better '' He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter