Fifty two

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The next morning and unlike his usual, Jiyong was standing in front of Jaejoong's mansion. He let out a breath then he pushed on the bell. A minute later, Sanghyun opened the door and he immediately rolled his eyes. Jiyong, however, kept his smile on.

 

'' Good morning '' He greeted but the younger man didn't say anything. He kept glaring at him for a few seconds then he sighed and moved away from the door still not saying anything. Jiyong's smile widened as walked into the house before he closed the door after him. 

 

As he walked further into the house, he saw Sanghyun and his wife having their breakfast by themselves. His brows furrowed for a moment before he heard someone coming down from the stairs. He turned and saw Dara with Jihoon holding her hands and carefully and slowly stepping down the stairs. Instantly, his smile was back on his face and he walked toward them.

 

The moment the little boy saw his favorite samchon, he grinned and showed them his small teeth and if it wasn't for Dara helping him, he would have definitely fallen because he missed a step. 

 

'' Careful '' Jiyong quickly muttered as he too rushed to his side and as expected, the little boy let go of his mother's hand and held his arms up meaning for Jiyong to hold him. And he gladly did. He showered him with kisses and Jihoon squealed with joy. At that moment, it wasn't only Dara who was watching them, Jaejoong and Sanghyun were always paying attention to their meeting. 

 

The differences were that Dara was smiling warmly while Jaejoong looked at them bitterly as he stood by the kitchen door and Sanghyun was overthinking and observing how happy the three of them looked. 

 

 

'' You're early today '' Dara suddenly commented cutting their sweet moment and Jiyong finally looked at her and nodded.

'' Can I talk to you for a moment, please? '' He asked before he turned and looked at the other three people.

Dara followed his gaze then she nodded '' Okay, let's go up then '' She informed and started going up first and they followed her. 

 

 

 

They reached the living room that was on the second floor and Dara stopped. 

 

 

'' Is everything okay? '' She asked right away.

Jiyong put down Jihoon and the little boy headed to where some of his games were placed '' I'll be out of the country for a couple of days '' He announced and a small 'oh' left Dara's mouth then she nodded.

'' Okay '' She said then folded her arms. Jiyong looked over at Jihoon then got closer to Dara and held her arms. 

'' I have just found out where Min Suk's sister is '' He revealed, surprising her. '' I have to go and see her to know if she had something that can help me or if she knows anyone that can. '' He added and Dara nodded again.

'' Okay, of course, I won't stop you '' She said matter of factly.

'' I know '' He smiled then his expression showed concern '' I'm just worried that something may happen to you or Jihoon if I'm not here '' He finally spoke what was bothering him. '' I'll be away for tonight and anything can happen '' He added. 

Dara smiled then she held his hands '' Nothing is going to happen... I'll be in the house all the time, the guards are here and my brother and Jaejoong are here... Nothing will happen '' She assured him.

'' Still, please be careful. Don't let anyone in and don't go out no matter what happens, even if someone dies, don't leave the house... If Jihoon or you feel sick then don't go to the hospital alone, take some of the guards with and tell Sanghyun or Jaejoong to go with you- '' He started warning frantically and Dara held his hands tighter.

'' Jiyong '' She said a little bit louder '' I know all that, okay? '' She spoke as if she was dealing with a child. '' I'll be careful, you don't have to worry that much... Besides, you've been here for the past week, nothing happened '' She continued and he sighed.

'' It's different... When Lee or Joo Yeon know that I'm out of Seoul, they may try to do something to harm you to force me to stop with the divorce procedure " He explained as he looked at her worriedly.

'' You don't have to be worried, nothing will happen '' She assured him once more.

'' I can't live if anything happens to you, Dara '' He suddenly spoke gently '' I'll definitely die right after you '' He muttered weakly and Dara's heart skipped a beat. Those butterflies have awakened once again in her stomach and she was trying to contain her smile. 

She held his hands tighter again then looked at his eyes '' Nothing is going to happen... I'll be careful and you'll go and come and nothing will happen '' She repeated and he let out a sigh. '' Huh? '' She nudged and he eventually sighed.

'' Okay, just do as I told you, okay? Never go out '' He insisted and she chuckled.

'' I know '' He finally smiled back at her and at that moment, he felt Jihoon holding on his pants. He looked down and his smile widened then, he leaned down and picked the little boy in his arms. He kissed him tightly on his cheek then they looked at Dara '' You have to take care of your mom while I'm away, okay my little champion '' He whispered but it was enough for Dara to hear and she smiled while shaking her head at his actions. 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________

 

 

 

By noon, Dara was left alone at the mansion. Jaejoong had to go and see his mother while Sanghyun and Naeun were invited by Naeun's parents for dinner. Jihoon was having his nap. Ever since Jiyong started to come, the little boy couldn't take a nap, most of the time, he would keep playing with Jiyong even though he was sometimes fighting the drowsiness. One day, he looked so cute as he struggled to keep his eyes open that she and Jiyong took a video of him to keep the memory then eventually the poor baby, feel asleep in Jiyong's arms as he was eating his snack. 

 

 

Being afraid of being alone herself, she called Chaerin and told her to come. That's why when she heard the doorbell ring, she rushed to open without checking who it was. 

 

 

'' You're already- '' She stopped speaking as soon as she saw that it wasn't her best friend at the door.

'' Hello '' Mr. Kwon said with a smile. 

Dara bit her lips for a second then she bowed '' Hello '' She greeted back.

'' Can I come in? '' The old man asked and Dara instantly nodded and moved away to let the man, whom she assumed was his guard, push the wheelchair inside the house.

 

 

 

 

As soon as he was inside, Mr. Kwon turned to the other man and asked him to leave them alone. Dara was so nervous and she didn't know what to expect. The last few times she encountered Jiyong's father were not that good. However, she composed herself. She took a deep breath then, she walked closer to him.

 

'' Would you like some tea? '' She asked sweetly and Mr. Kwon paused to think for a few seconds then he nodded. 

''

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter