Forty nine

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Dara had just been covering a sleeping Jihoon when she felt the presence of someone next to her. She looked over at Jiyong and her heart skipped a beat when he looked back and smiled. Fortunately for her, he quickly looked away and at Jihoon yet his smile only grew.

 

 

'' He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping '' He spoke gently and in a low tone. He then reached down and held his small hand for a few seconds before he let go. 

'' Yeah, it's so different from when he is awake '' Dara confirmed as she too smiled as she looked at her son. 

'' Can I... Can I know when is his birthday? '' Jiyong suddenly asked and Dara was quiet. He looked up at her and they stared at each other.

'' It's... April 18th " She finally answered him after a couple of minutes. She was expecting him to say more but he didn't. He just kept looking at the sleeping Jiyong with a warm smile on his face. 

'' Why don't... '' Dara suddenly started to ask but then stopped making him look at her curiously. 

'' What? Why don't I what? '' He urged. She blinked twice then she rubbed both her hands together. '' It's okay, just ask, whatever it is '' He encouraged.

" Why didn't you have children? '' She finally muttered '' With... Her... I mean '' She quickly added.

'' It's just... It didn't work '' He lied and watched how her expression and she looked down. He bit his lips to contain his grin. 

'' Oh '' She let out then chuckled awkwardly. 

Jiyong waited for a few seconds before he finally, let out a small laugh. She looked up at him with a frown on her face then, she was surprised when he got closer to her. One of his hands went around her waist and moved her closer to him while the other went to her face and moved away a strand of hair. 

'' It looks like you didn't pay attention to what I said before '' He stated as he admired her face '' The marriage Joo Yeon and I have... It's only on papers... We've never consummated it " He explained and only a simple 'oh' came out of Dara's marriage. '' My heart, my soul, and even my body couldn't and won't accept anyone but my beautiful butterfly '' He confessed and Dara instantly felt her cheeks heat up. 

'' So you've never slept with her? '' She echoed and he shook his head still beaming and she nodded her head and bit on her lips attracting his whole attention to her rosy lips. He started to move his head closer and then slowly leaning down when suddenly her room's door was wide open. 

 

 

'' Didn't you hear- '' Chaerin cut the couple's sweet moment for the second time that day. She stood near the door blinking with slightly opened. She thought that she was imagining things when she caught them in each other embrace but it was true. The second she realized that she started grinning wide. 

 

Dara and Jiyong immediately moved away from each other when she started smiling and Dara cleared . 

 

'' Oh! I'm sorry '' Chaerin quickly apologized '' I was calling you but you didn't answer... I didn't know that you... '' She coughed '' Were busy '' She tried to contain her laugh when Dara glared at her.

'' Haha... What brought you here at this hour, Chaerin? '' Dara asked as she tried not to sound irritated by the obvious victorious expression on her best friend's face. 

'' I just thought that I'd spent the night here but I guess that you already have someone with you '' She answered then walked to put the ice cream she brought on the nightstand. '' Anyway, I'll get going now... Just don't mind me and keep doing... '' She moved her hands around '' Whatever you were doing '' She gave them both a wide grin '' I'll see you tomorrow... Good night '' Then rushed out of the room before Dara could say anything. 

 

 

The moment they were alone, Jiyong couldn't help but laugh. Dara turned to look at him and she eventually started laughing along with him. Suddenly, they heard Jihoon stirring and they froze but fortunately, he remained asleep.

 

'' Shhh '' Jiyong whispered '' We have to be quiet '' He added and Dara nodded. '' This brings out memories '' He murmured.

'' What? '' She asked curiously. 

'' It used to be Bom who always caught us in situations like these and now it's Chaerin '' He shared as he looked amused and Dara remembered how many times they got caught kissing or more by Bom and she found herself nodding. 

'' Let's go down and let him sleep '' He suggested and she agreed.

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________

 

 

 

'' Do you want some tea or coffee? '' Dara asked as soon as they were back in the living room. 

'' Tea is fine '' He told her and she nodded running towards the kitchen. Five minutes later, she was back with two mugs in her hands. '' Thanks '' 

She sat down next to him then they both sat there sipping on their tea quietly.

 

 

'' Did you get back to work? '' Jiyong suddenly asked.

She tilted her head left and right '' At first I couldn't do anything... Umm... Then after I had Jihoon I also couldn't leave him alone, I was always afraid that something may happen to him until four months ago... I started working as a replacement for one of the doctors there and slowly my working hours increased '' She chuckled '' But now I'm here, so... '' She raised both her eyebrows. 

'' Are you thinking of staying here again? '' He asked again and they both shared a look. 

'' I... I... '' She couldn't say anything because she herself didn't know what she'll do. She didn't know what was the right thing to do. 

Jiyong reached and put the cup on the table then turned to look at her and gently put one of his hands on her knee '' Can you please stay? '' He requested kindly '' I know I'm repeating myself but... '' He sighed '' I really, really want to fix everything and have another chance with you... I know that things didn't end up well last time but I promise it'll be different now '' He promised again. '' I don't want to rush you into anything but please consider staying, okay? '' He added and she nodded.

'' I will '' She answered with a smile '' Ah, right... What did you do about your health, huh? Have you seen a doctor? '' She asked and Jiyong rubbed the back of his head and laughed awkwardly making her sigh. '' I knew that you'd be like this '' She scolded '' This is not something you can take for granted, do you understand? If you don't get the right treatment it could only get worse and stop drinking anything that has alcohol, okay? '' She continued and he nodded like a good boy.

'' Okay, Dr '' He teased and they both looked at each other then chuckled. '' Aah, I miss this '' He muttered then reached for his cup again.

'' Huh? What? '' She questioned curiously.

'' You... Us... Spending time with you... Hearing and seeing you laughing... '' He revealed and they both looked down at their cups. '' I'm sorry things turned out this way '' He told her after a while.

'' You don't have to keep saying sorry every twenty minutes, once a day would be enough '' She teased as she tried to lighten the mood and he smiled nodding. 

'' You're still so beautiful '' He said out of nowhere, taking her by surprise. '' Just like the day I first met you '' He continued not caring that she wasn't looking at him as he admired her features. He actually smiled when he saw her cheeks turn a little pinkish. 

However, just when he was about to say more and try to reach for her hand, her phone rang and he closed his eyes. Yet, he opened them in time to see who was calling her. Jaejoong. He unconsciously held his cup tighter as he took a sip then he leaned down on the couch. 

 

Dara was a little bit nervous before answering but she tried to compose herself. He was asking her how she and Jihoon were doing as well as telling her about what Seungjae was doing. The more they talked, the more jealous Jiyong got. He kept on drinking his tea as clenched and unclenched his left hand. When she chuckled or smiled he would sulk and in no time, he found out that he finished the whole cup. For a second, he started turning his ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter