Thirty five

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

2 years later...

 

 

He was walking towards his office with the same cold expression and everyone who saw him just tried to avoid crossing paths with him. As soon as he was inside, he called his assistant. 

 

'' Soomin, bring me my coffee '' He ordered and instantly hung up. 

 

 

He eased down his tie then opened his computer and started his work. A few minutes later, he heard a knock on his door and then Soomin walked in with his coffee. She placed it slowly next to him and stood to wait for his next orders. Like expected, without greetings and without even looking at her, he said.

 

'' What's my schedule for today? '' 

'' You have a meeting with Mr. Hwang then you have to go and check on the new mall construction sight and at night you have to attend the party '' She informed and he frowned and stopped typing on his computer.

'' What party? '' He asked.

'' It's your in-laws' wedding anniversary '' She cleared and Jiyong rolled his eyes.

'' Anything more? '' 

'' No '' She shook her head to no one.

'' You may leave '' He dismissed and took his phone to call someone. 

 

 

As soon as Soomin stepped out of his office, she came face to face with her and she cursed quietly. Oh, how she hated Lee Joo Yeon. 

 

'' Mr. Kwon is busy and he won't be able to see you right now '' She lied as she knew that Jiyong hated having her in the office and whenever she came he would be angry and on edge for the whole day. She hated the way that woman had turned him.

'' Just move aside. I am not waiting for someone like you to tell me when I can meet my husband '' Joo Yeon rudely said and actually pushed her to the side.

" Wait- '' But before she could do anything, Joo Yeon was inside. '' I am sorry, sir. I tried to stop her '' Soomin explained immediately and Jiyong's face hardened when he saw the new arrival and his voice came out even colder than before to the point it sent shivers down Soomin's spin. 

'' No problem '' And after giving the both of them a glare, he looked down into his papers and resumed working. Joo Yeon then looked at the assistant and dismissed her with her head and then walked towards Jiyong. However, before walking out Soomin cursed inwardly at the other woman. 

 

 

 

 

'' Where were you last night? '' Joo Yeon asked as she put her hand on top of Jiyong's shoulder.

" None of your business '' He answered as he removed her hand and she breathed out loudly.

'' It's my parents' anniversary tonight '' She announced but he ignored her '' We have to go... Together '' She added and folded her arms. 

'' I have work to do '' He lied and she hit the table hard with her hands and he glared at her '' What the is wrong with you? '' He said through gritted teeth.

'' I've had enough of this work crap you're giving me. We better go together tonight or I'm going to tell my father how you've been treating me all this time, you wouldn't want that, would you? '' She threatened. 

'' Then go ahead '' He answered without looking at her and that fueled her even more.

'' Trust me, it wouldn't affect you... You know I love you too much to let anything happen to you but you know... It may affect that doctor whom you can't forget yet '' She said near his ear and Jiyong stopped typing. 

'' Why are you bringing her right now? She's been out of our lives for years now yet you still can't let go '' He told her and finally looked at her only to find her smiling at him. 

'' You're the one who didn't let go yet, my dear husband '' She muttered and Jiyong tried his best to remind himself that she was a woman and he cannot beat her '' We're going together to the party and we're going to show everyone how much of a happy couple we are '' She added and leaned down to kiss him but Jiyong quickly moved away and stood.

'' I have a meeting '' He announced and took his iPad and started walking out and all the time he was bitting on his tongue from all the anger he had to keep inside. 

 

 

As soon as he was out and inside the elevator, Jiyong pushed the stop button, threw his head back and closed his eyes. How he hated himself and his life. For the last two years, he was basically a living dead. After that day, he had never seen her again and just two weeks after that, he got married to Joo Yeon. The work has gotten better especially after the merger between both companies. But that never mattered to him. 

 

 

Seunghyun and Bom also got married and they recently had a baby boy. Youngbae and Hyorin also had another baby boy recently and Daesung and Jiwon were engaged and planning to get married soon. Seungri and Chaerin, on the other hand, were struggling and they broke up and got back many times. However, all this time, none of them heard anything about Dara or where she was.

 

 

He knew from Seungri that she had left the country after what happened but he couldn't know where. There wasn't a day that he didn't think of her or let her go. To be honest, he was hurting more as he thought about her but he never thought of finding her and getting her back because he was worried about her safety and he also knew that after what happened, she would never get back to him.

 

After he composed himself in the elevator, he finally pushed the button and it started working again. This is how things always were. He never showed how hurt he was and only showed the cold side. 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________

 

 

 

The day passed quickly and it was already a little past 8 in the evening yet Jiyong was still in the office. He was still working when the door knocked and Soomin walked in.

 

'' Mr. Kwon, your suit is here '' She announced and Jiyong looked up at her frowning.

" Is it time already? '' He asked and looked at his watch. '' Damn it '' He cursed and finally stood and took his suit from her '' You can leave now '' He dismissed and the girl nodded before walking out. 

 

Half an hour later, he was heading to his car to go to the party where he found Joo Yeon stepping out of her car already dressed glamorously. 

 

'' I was waiting for you '' She informed as she walked towards him.

'' Why are you here? '' He asked annoyed and she moved to his side to hold his arm.

'' To go to the party with you. We're a couple, of course, people would start wondering why we came in separate cars and they would start talking way too much for my liking '' She explained and looked at him with a smile but Jiyong kept his cold expression then he untangled himself from her and walked to the car.

'' Let's go then '' He urged before he got inside the car and started the engine. 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

'' Mr. Kwon! '' 

'' Mr. Kwon, please look here! ''

'' Joo Yeon-sshi, is it true th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter