Twenty four

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

   After a few days, Jiyong entered his office feeling more anxious and worried than ever. His talk with the Japenese investors didn't go well as they indirectly rejected his offer. He was busy with some papers when Min Suk and Changmin entered accompanied by his assistant, Jiho.

 

 

'' Please tell me that you have reached something with our old investors '' He said immediately and the two guys looked at each other so he understood that they didn't get anything.

'' I'm really sorry Mr.Kwon but none of the investors we knew was ready to take the offer '' Min Suk was brave enough to speak first. 

'' They all said that they were financially not ready now for such investment '' Changmin confirmed and Jiyong closed his eyes and his hands turned into fists.

'' Damn it! '' He cursed and rose from his seat '' What will we do now? The construction company was supposed to get to work this Tuesday. I told Mr.Han that in six months everything will be over and I signed the contracts. Any delay would cost me millions not to mention the scandal in the market. If we messed up no one would want to work with us '' He mumbled as he moved back and forth in front of his desk.

'' There's still a solution, sir '' Changmin suddenly revealed and Jiyong finally stopped and looked at him. 

'' And that is? '' He questioned.

'' We need to find new investors '' He said and Jiyong sighed. 

'' How can we do it in just two days? Mr.Han will be here two days from now to check on things. How can we find new investors this fast when we couldn't even have our old ones. And most importantly how can we find some trustworthy people? '' Jiyong asked. 

'' Actually, I already found a company willing to work with us '' Min Suk announced and everyone in the room looked at him. 

'' What are saying? '' 

'' After things didn't work out with the others, I called a few people I know and I reached this new company '' He started '' They are based in the States but they have a branch here in Seoul, however, it's still a new one. If we were to work with them, we'll be the first company they'd deal with in South Korea '' He added and Jiyong looked at him still not sure. 

'' What's their name? Who did they work with before? Are we sure that everything about them is legal? Can we trust them with such a big project? '' Jiyong asked and Min Suk handed him some fils.

'' Bonhwa Holding. It was founded seven years ago in San Fransisco. The owner is an old Korean chaebol who immigrated to the States at a young age. As I told you, they haven't worked with Korean names before but they worked with some American ones that we know like The Bross. I contacted their representative yesterday and they were willing to work with us '' He explained and Jiyong looked hesitant for a second. 

'' I want a background check about them and a list of all the projects they got. I won't take any risk. I want to know everything about them '' Jiyong stated '' I want them to be in my office in two hours '' He continued '' You may leave now '' He dismissed them and went back to his thoughts. 

 

 

He had to figure out something before it's too late. The last thing he wanted at that moment was to show his failure to his father, it would worsen his situation even more. 

 

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

 

'' Good morning '' Jaejoong greeted as he entered the kitchen. 

'' Good morning '' Sandara greeted back with a smile '' Coffee? '' 

'' Yes. Don't you have work today? '' He asked as he took a seat and waited for his coffee.

'' Not till the afternoon '' She told and joined him. 

'' Thanks '' 

 

Sandara eyed him and she knew that something was up. He wasn't looking at her and he was just staring at the cup in front of him without drinking. She kept silent for a few more minutes but then she couldn't hold it. 

 

'' Okay. Spill it '' She urged and Jaejoong shifted in his seat.

'' What? '' He asked innocently. 

'' Come on, it's clear that you got something to tell me '' She urged and he sighed.

'' You know that I'll be leaving three weeks, right? '' He started and Dara nodded. 

'' Yeah? '' 

Jaejoong took a long breath and looked at her '' Well when I came here, I had some plans actually and... I... '' He started stuttering worrying her '' I want to take Seungjae back with me '' He finally announced '' To live with me '' He added shocking her even more. 

Dara sat there for a few seconds processing what he just told her '' Umm... I... I... You... Are you... sure? '' She muttered as she looked at him and he smiled warmly at her. 

'' I know this is hard for you and Sanghyun but Seungjae is also my son. I already missed a lot from his life and I don't want to keep doing this. It's not what I promised Dorami to do. I know and I admit that in the beginning, I was not capable nor ready to raise a child by myself and if it wasn't for you guys I don't know what could've happened and I'll be forever thankful to you '' He explained '' But I think it's time for him to come and live with me '' 

'' You don't have to thank us, Jae. Seungjae is also our nephew. It's nothing '' She assured him.

'' I know but I'd still feel grateful. I am sorry if this looks sudden or anything- '' 

'' No, it's okay. We knew that this day would come sooner or later. As you said, Seungjae is your son and we won't stop you. It will be difficult not having him here with us but if that's what you want, we'll support you '' she comforted him '' He'll come to visit and so do we. It's not like we'll never see him again '' She added as she tried her best to sound okay and not let her tears fall. 

 

As much as she'd like to be okay with Jaejoong taking his son, she wasn't. She was the one who took care of Seungjae since the day he was born and she had never left him. She was there when he was sick, healthy, sad, happy. She and Sanghyun were always there. But still, she couldn't deny Jaejoong from his right. 

 

Truthfully, Seungjae was never meant to spend all these years with them. It was meant to be only a few months, a year at max until Jae got himself back together but then he never seemed ready.

 

 

'' You know something '' Jaejoong suddenly interrupted her thoughts '' When I came here, I was actually planning to go back with Seungjae and... you '' He revealed and looked at her to find her staring at him wide-eyed.

'' W-what do you mean? ''

'' You've taken care of Seungjae since day one, you love him and I'm sure you'd never hurt him. And honestly, I trust you. I thought that... maybe... '' He started struggling with words but Dara knew what he meant yet she kept quiet.

Jae shook his head and smiled '' But it doesn't matter anymore '' He stated '' Your life is here and you have Jiyong... Of course, you wouldn't leave '' He continued '' I've seen how you guys are together and I'm really happy for you... you deserve to be happy, Dara '' He said genuinely.

'' Thank you '' and then they both kept silent '' Umm, have you talked to Seungjae about this? '' She asked as she tried to break the awkward moment.

'' Not yet, I was hoping you'd help me '' He answered and she nodded. 

'' We'll talk to him tonight if you want '' She suggested and he agreed. 

'' I have to go now but thanks, Dee '' He thanked her one more time then he finally stood and left.

 

 

 

Once alone, Sandara couldn't hide her sadness anymore. All these years, she was treating Seungjae as if he was her own son. She loved him deeply and gave him everything she could, although deep down she knew that he'll leave with his father one day, she kept hoping that somehow that won't happen. But it did. And it hurt. 

 

How could she let go of him? God, why was the life that hard? 

 

Not able to contain her tears anymore, Dara started crying. She felt like her heart was being ripped apart, after all, her little Seungjae is leaving soon and she had to accept it. Afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter