Twenty one

Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

It was five thirty and Dara was getting ready for her date with Jiyong. He refused to tell her where he was taking her and Dara was on confused with what she should wear and eventually ended up wearing a simple black dress that reached a little under her midthigh with buttons at the front and white sandals.

 

She hoped she was not underdressed.

 

 

'' Are you going out? '' Jaejoong suddenly asked and leaned at her room's door frame.

'' You scared me! '' Dara answered.

'' Sorry '' He said sheepishly '' So... are you going out? '' He repeated. 

'' Yes, the dinner is already ready you just have to heat it before you eat '' She told him as she applied her makeup.

'' With your boyfriend? '' He asked again and she replied a yes '' Since when did you two start dating? You didn't mention him before '' He added and Dara finally turned to look at him with a hand on her hip. 

'' Are you playing detective now? '' She teased and Jaejoong smiled before he shook his head. 

'' I just want to make sure everything is okay between the two of you '' He revealed and Dara's smile disappeared.

'' Why would you say that? '' 

Jaejoong sighed '' I don't want you to get me wrong, Dee. But Jiyong... his family in general, the Kwons... they're filthy rich and they are known for always associating with elites, they don't simply accept anyone into their family and I am worried that at the end of the day you'll end up getting hurt '' He shared honestly and Dara remained silent as she looked down '' Please don't get me wrong. My family is like that and you know it so I know how harsh it could be. I am just trying to warn you. I'll always be grateful to you for taking care of my son for me and there's nothing I can do to pay you back so I have to at least make sure you're protected '' He added and Dara finally looked up. 

'' I know '' She nodded.

'' I'm not telling you to let go or something, I just want you to be careful '' He explained '' But just so you know, I'll always have your back. If something ever happened, you know you can depend on me '' 

Just when Sandara was about to thank him, they heard the doorbell ring.

'' This must be him, I'll go and you finish getting ready '' Jae offered then he was out of the room.

 

 

 

_______________________

 

 

'' Come in '' Jaejoong said as he opened the door. 

'' Where's Dara? '' Jiyong asked as he looked around. 

'' She'll be here in a minute, have a seat '' He offered and Jiyong nodded before he walked to the sofa '' Would you like something to drink? '' He suggested and Jiyong shook his head.

'' It's okay, thanks '' He politely refused so Jaejoong took the seat facing him. 

'' So how did you guys meet? '' Jaejoong asked with a smile and Jiyong looked at him for a second before answering.

'' We actually met ten years ago while on vacation and we,... we had something going on but then life happened and we went separate ways until we met again over a month ago '' He revealed.

'' And things just clicked '' Jae continued '' I didn't know but that's so sweet '' He said and Jiyong smiled. And before things could get any awkward, Seungjae showed up and he was a little too excited to see Jiyong.

'' Uncle Ji! '' He said in a high pitched voice and Jiyong smiled wide. 

'' Hey little man! '' And they high fived before the little boy kissed Jiyong's cheek. 

'' Are you here to see aunt Dara? '' He asked and Jiyong nodded as he ruffled his head then Seungjae turned and saw his father '' Oh! Uncle! Did you see my father? His name is Kim Jaejoong, he just came from overseas '' He explained animatedly and Jiyong just smiled and nodded and just then, Dara finally came out.

'' I am so sorry, I kept you waiting '' She apologized as soon as she entered the living room and Jiyong stood.

'' It's okay, I came ahead of time, ready now? '' He asked and she nodded. 

'' Let's go! '' 

'' Are you going out? Can I come with you? '' Seungjae instantly interrupted. 

'' Seungjae! '' Jaejoong called but the little kid was focused on his aunt and her boyfriend.

'' We can't today but if you promised to be a good boy, we'll take you out with us next week '' Jiyong offered and Seungjae was silent for a minute as if thinking about the offer then he nodded eagerly. 

'' Okay, now go before you're late '' Jae said and the couple kissed Seungjae first before they headed to the door. 

'' Jae, just call me if anything happened '' Dara told him. 

'' Okay, now just go and have fun '' He promised as he shoved them out of the house. 

 

 

 

_____________________________

 

 

'' Where are we going? '' Dara asked as they settled in the car. 

'' Surprise! '' He replied simply as he drove and Dara rolled her eyes.

'' You're being childish '' She stated and Jiyong laughed and shook his head '' Come on, just tell me '' She added but he was insistent.

'' Nope! '' 

''You're such a tease '' 

'' And you're impatient. Just wait for a while and you'll see '' He maintained.

 

 

And just like he said, nearly an hour later, they arrived at their destination.  

 

'' What's this place? '' Dara asked as they stepped out of the car.

'' You'll see '' Jiyong answered as he stood behind Dara then wrapped something around her eyes.

'' What- Jiyong what are you doing? '' She said as she inspected the satin around her eyes. 

'' Just trust me '' He told her then he took her hand in his and started walking inside the close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter