Peculiar Monopoly

10th Member

It's really rare to see them all in one place.

I think so far Tzuyu, Sana, Mina, and Jihyo are the members who I'm close with the most. I spend a lot of my time with them. But it's almost rare to see 4 of them together without any other members (if I can't say it actually never happened before)Yeah, except for today. We were playing a random board game that I bought in Malaysia. It was a monopoly game, the world version.
I was playing as a banker. Sana chose the pink pawn, Jihyo chose white, Mina was red, and Tzuyu was green. We did the hand scissor-paper-rock and Tzuyu got the first turn. We used two dices and each had $1500 as a starter.

It was so funny. At first, Tzuyu was so unlucky! She kept getting the punishments and was forced to pay taxes so many times. Really! Poor her.
Jihyo was the boss of the game. She had so many lands. Sana also managed to buy some lands. Not Mina tho, she had a hard time managing her money. But she was not as miserable as Tzuyu. Her money was reduced time by time so much. "Tzuyu, basically you're here just to watch us playing," I said almost after every time she rolled the dice.

During the game, Sana was like, "Bankeeeeeeeer!~" every time she needed to change the money. She was so loud and, actually, got excited by herself (?) 
I did my best as a banker. There was this thing called a banker's advice. I gave them some considerations when one was trying to make a decision. It was fun! They listened to me. And I kept being professional and neutral to all the players. I was not on anyone's side while having an advice. Unbiased.
Mina looked so competitive. She thought a lot in her silence. She covered that with her innocent giggles but I can see how determined she was to win.
Tzuyu was just so unlucky. As she was frustrated, in the end, she decided to stop playing. She asked Mina if she could join her side. Mina agreed to marry Tzuyu and then they become Mitzu. They joined their money (not so much tho) and after that, they got more stable, Tzuyu became Mina's official treasurer.

Three players were left: Sana, Jihyo, and Mitzu. Pink, white, and red.
At that time, Sana got richer and richer. She managed to buy two most expensive lands on the board. It was surprising because it seemed that she wasn't using any strategies. She just played it.
Jihyo, at the same time, bought too many cheap lands. She got caught in the other's lands and had to pay a huge amount of rent. She even went to the jail several times.
But what interesting was, since Mitzu was formed, they became so lucky. Tzuyu's unfortunate hands had disappeared. Their huge aura made Sana and Jihyo became unfortunate all of sudden. Mitzu was conquering the game.
In the middle game, Sana proposed me. She wanted to marry the banker because........... I'm not sure. I think she was jealous to Mitzu. Because Sana kept asking, I accepted her request. We got married. But it didn't affect the game. There was no way I would give anyone the money bank for free, duh...

Anyway, the game got more intense. Jihyo was so cornered. She started to sell her properties. She made a lot of mistakes. I gave her options to join Mitzu or Sana. She was kinda torn and couldn't decide. "But it was always Mihyo or Jitzu. Not three in one!" Sana complained.
"It will always be Mitzu but you still can join us, Unnie," Tzuyu said.
"Jihyo, come here~," Mina tried to get her.
"Or do you want to get back to Sahyo era? Hehe it was fun, wasn't it?" Sana tried to convince her. 
"Aaah... I'm confused! Haeju, ottokkeeee?" Jihyo screamed. 

We were so loud while playing the game.
All the lands were almost bought. Sana and Mitzu, each of them became stronger. Sana got their money from having many houses when Mitzu was rich because of their electric company. Mitzu also owned the second most expensive color-grouped properties. Sana owned the first one.
Somehow, Sana also owned the cheapest grouped properties.
Jihyo owned Korea. Sana owned Japan. "I bet you want this Tokyo station," Jihyo said to Sana as she owned it.
Mitzu aimed to buy Taiwan for her light-blue group collection. "It's for my wife. She was born there," Mina joked about it.
Mina was the keep-the-change kind of player. But after marrying Tzuyu, she was always stopped by her. "Why did you do that, Unnie?!" was the thing that Tzuyu said often.
Tzuyu was actually the cunning one. "At this time, we need Jihyo unnie's money," she told Mina, "Let her fall on our lands. We have to squeeze her wallet!"
But in the end, Jihyo lost to Sana. She landed on Sana's Malaysia that had 4 houses on it. She couldn't pay her debt to her and Jihyo had to serve Sana for the rest of her life. "I officially own you, Jihyo!" Sana said excitingly.

The game ended as Sana (who owned Jihyo) vs Mitzu.
It reminded me of the past... It was Sana vs Tzuyu all over again. Today's game felt like a script. I don't know why my two best friends always ended up fighting each other. And I'm always between them. Why does it have to be these two?
But this time, it was also Jihyo vs Mina. Uhh... When it came to a "romantic" relationship, I think it was always Jihyo vs Mina indeed. Both of them have gone too far with me. Like, too far! Different from my friendship with Sana or Tzuyu, being with Jihyo or Mina is more... Something! It's a different kind of comfort. And I know that both of them always want more from me. Uhhhhh okayyy... Enough. It was all in the past. Why am I thinking about this again?!

"Do you still have some money there, dear?~" Sana asked when Mitzu had to pay a rent to her.
"Oh you should worry about yourself," Tzuyu answered.
The game became so much intense. Sana bought the water company and became so rich. She also landed on the 'Free Parking' for multiple times. Lucky her. It was the free parking who gave her the most expensive land at the first time anyway.
Mitzu was surviving. She had a good strategy and a clear goal. As a banker, I was getting busier as they attacked each other more often. Sana kept landing on Mitzu's lands, vice versa. But it was Sana who had to pay more often. Mitzu's moves were kinda blessed by the god of fortune.
"At this point, one of you will lose just because of one unlucky move," I said.

I was right, Mitzu landed on Malaysia that had 4 houses on it. It gave them more than $3000 rent. "We don't have enough cash," Mina whispered (or speak normally?) to Tzuyu.
Mitzu sold all of their precious properties to Sana. Apparently, it was not enough to pay the debt. Mitzu went bankrupt and Sana won the game. "I own the world!" Sana screamed joyfully while hugging the banker. She had a lot of fun, not just because she won, but because the rest of them accepted her winning.

Jihyo: "This is fun, right, guys?"
Mina: "Thanks to Haeju for having the idea of playing this game."
Tzuyu: "Next time, I will just be the banker......"
Sana: "Next time? So you're planning to play this game again?"
Tzuyu: "As long as you aren't in the game."
Sana: "Look, Haeju! Tzuyu wants a rematch just with me. Uww~"
Mina: "The other members should join us next time."
Jihyo: "Yeah, that must be great! Hmm, I wonder where Nayeon is right now (taking out her phone)."
Mina: "I will win next time........ (whispering) Haeju, you should be a player next time!"
Me: "I'd love to do that."
Sana: "You should team up with me!"
Jihyo: "Oh, a couple game!"
Me: "Hmm, interesting..."

I'm glad that everyone had a lot of fun. I love playing this kind of game and it was such a blessing to play it with my best friends.
Anyway, as Sana won in the end, she married all of the girls and we all lived happily ever after.
Game over.