Meeting Haeju IRL - Part 1 [200 Comments Special]

10th Member

"...So, this friend, her name is Chanmi. Thirteen years old. A big fan of yours," said my best friend Hannah, short-breathily, eyes wide opened so brightly,  "I know her mom because we go to the same church. She's a sweet girl, Haeju! Really sweet. She had been asking me to bring her to you but, you know... I know you're busy, aren't you?! I even rarely got a chance to meet you myself!"
"Hmm," I answered shortly.
"Yeah yeah! We haven't met so often. I'm so happy to see you know! Haha... Where was I again?" Hannah asked awkwardly, "Oh yeah! So Chanmi... One day, we met at a church. I was so surprised because she came to me and said that... She has finally met you...

...So there were Chanmi and I, sitting side by side before the church began, "Where did you meet Haeju?" I asked Chanmi.
"In a fan meeting, Unnie! It was so hard to get there," she told me excitingly., "I needed to buy a lot of albums to be managed to join the fan-meeting. Oh oh, also, there are a lot of fanboys and they couldn't let my mom entered, so I was alone and it was kinda scary!"
"But it was worth it, right?" I . She didn't answer the question.

"I was so nervous before the members went up to the stage," she fixed her position, put her hands on her knees calmly before telling me her experience, "It was so crowded, but I only have one goal in my mind: I wanted to talk to Haeju," she said.
"The boys screamed when Twice came out one by one. Jihyo... Nayeon and Momo... Michaeng... Then I saw her! The tallest, oldest, and most talented member of the group. The one who stood out in my eyes. The one I had stan for so long. I felt so SO dreamy that day. Her fair skin looked so smooth even and it's right in front of my eyes. Her hair fell naturally passed her shoulders that were covered by her white shirt. Haeju looked casual that day, only wearing a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. She was walking with Tzuyu, holding hands side by side, before Sana joined later while they were looking for their position on the stage.
I managed to stand right behind the barrier, Unnie, because I was small. I was standing between those legs. You know what, when Haeju smiled and waved to us, I felt I like I was gonna pass out...

...she was so breathtaking!"

I was so nervous there!

I took a step up to the stage with my legs suddenly felt heavy. I kept fasting the strap of my bags while trying to not let my Twice album fell down. Someone told me where to walk and I just followed him right away. Because of the order, my first session was with Haeju's infamous same-age rival: Nayeon. 

I sat on a chair in front of her table. She was so white. Although she was no longer the oldest member, she was still very caring. She was excited to meet me and told me that I was cute haha! Maybe because I was one of the youngest Once that day. Nayeon even told Jeongyeon, who sat beside her, about me. Jeongyeon shook my hand and said hi. I felt so welcome that day.

Nayeon saw my expression and smiled widely. She asked me if that was the first time I joined their fan-meeting. I said yes. "As expected. I don't think I've met you before," Nayeon guessed. She decided to give me some pro-tips on what to do in a fan-meeting.

"First thing first, always compliment the members!. Tell them they look nice," she moves back her body, lends to her chair, "It's not because we wanted recognition or something. It's just to break the ice and get personal to them. It's a basic thing to say."
"Oh my God, yes, I think you're beautiful too, Nayeon-ssi! " I told her, "Sorry, I just told you just now!"
"Yup, do it like that. Ohh, you're so good at this!"
"No no... I'm genuine," I told her that it wasn't acting.
"-Yes yes, make sure you are," she nodded, looked away and pretending that she wasn't listening to me haha...

"Unnie, how's Haeju?" I pulled myself to ask that, not realizing that I just talked to her comfortably.
"Haeju? Haeju why?" she asked me back.
"I'm just... I'm just a f- I worried about her. She looked off lately..."
"Oh, you're quite an observer! Are you here to meet her?"
"Not specifically her. The other members too," I lied.
"Well, I don't want to spread hate or something but," she put her hand to cover the side of , "She's indeed acting weird lately. She was easily mad to everyone. We thought she was just tired but it has been a long time now. The members do the best to support everybody so don't worry about it"
"Is that so....." I muttered.
"Haeju is changed," she underlined.
"Please take care of her," I told her before I was gonna ask more about the details.
"Aawww... Hahahaha!" Nayeon relaxed her serious expression, "Don't worry, don't worry! We will always do," she said.

We talked until the time was up. It was fun. I felt so connected with Nayeon, almost like I was talking to a same-age friend (although I'm much younger than her). I waved again before moving the seat. She smiled brightly showing her signature bunny teeth, "Aah, kyeopta!' she said.

Jeongyeon was also so caring and Momo was nice and funny. Then it was my turn to speak to my second bias, Sana!
Sana is special. I stan Sana because I know Haeju likes her so much. I ship Saju a.k.a SanaxHaeju or AnniexSofie because I believe it's real. I KNOW it's real! It's the most superior ship in Twice and we, the shippers, wanna make sure their bond is protected.

Sana came out as well-mannered, "Annyeonghaseyo..." she bowed at me. It was surprised me that I bowed back at her while sitting down. She was the only member to do that during the fan meeting. Weird. Sana has a bad history when it comes to social and relationship. She's the infamous, pure-hearted, girl of Twice so she always looks positively at people. Unfortunately, she doesn't really like that toward herself. She has low self-esteem despite her everyday persona. I and the community had a talk about this. Since she's quirky, she used to be not that expressive in front of people that they didn't know. Before she became a Twice member, she was a really shy girl.

Everything's changed when she met Dahyun! The latter was confident and unique, so Sana was never afraid to be herself in front of her. Sana was a clingy person and she depended on Dahyun a lot. Saida, the infamous ship among Once, was one-sided because Dahyun chose Chaeyoung over Sana. Dahyun wasn't gay so she didn't notice how Sana loved her. Dahyun was just closer to Chaeyoung and considered Chaeyoung her closest friend. Some said Dahyun actually noticed Sana's feelings but she ignored it anyway.

We know that Dahyun used to be the only one who could fully accept Sana's quirkiness. The one who made Sana felt comfortable the most. It broke Sana's heart so much that Dahyun only considered her ONLY as one of her unnies.

"What is your name, dear?" Sana said while opening the pages of my album, looking for her picture.
"Kim Chanmi," I told her. My vision was blurry for a second, maybe because I was nervous but I ignored it
"Kim Chanmi-ssi..." she repeats, as she finds the right page, she took her marker and signed it for me, "Kim... Chan... Mi," she spelled it, "What a cute name!"
"Thank you, Sana-ssi, you're the cutest," I said politely, going with the vibe she has been giving.
"Thank you, dear! Do you have anything that you want me to write on?" she asked, still formal but soft and polite.
"Umm, no," I said, "But I have a lot of questions I'm dying to ask you..."

How is Sana after she meets Haeju?
After Haeju joined Twice, we all know how the story goes. Sana used to be so mad at Haeju. She ignored Haeju so hard on her early days. We, Sana stans, understand that Haeju probably had a hard time adjusting herself to the members, while she also was making some controversies here and there only by joining Twice. We observed the new member and we noticed one day Sana was so close to her. Haeju unnie with her style, always seemed like she was ignoring everybody, but not Sana. But we saw Sana was so into her somehow. We saw a lot of skinship and that wasn't one-sided. Haeju liked to hold Sana's hand a lot. Her Twicetagram post mostly when she was with Sana. Okay, things may get weird from her to you but we know how both looked at each other. Haeju talked so comfortably to Sana than any other members. Umm, you know when two people are close right? We can get the vibe. When they were having v-live, we could sense that kind of vibe from the two. From Sana's eyes, we know she cares about Haeju so much. Something's going on between them...

"Sure, what do you want to ask me," Sana gave the permission.
I took a breath, "How are you Sana-ssi? Are you feeling good today?" I asked nervously.
"Sure, I think I'm doing well these days. I eat a lot of food and rest a lot. Thank you for the concern," she answered, almost like a happy robot.
"Uhh, Good to know- Okay, my first question is... What do you think about SAJU?" I emphasized the last word. 
Just like a working mantra, a wide smile magically appeared on her face, "Hahahahaha...!" she laid back on her chair and laughed, meant that she aware of what 'Saju' meant, her formality suddenly gone, Sana moved her head forward to me as she was going to whispered the answer, "Yeah... I love her!" she nodded, she looked at Haeju at the corner of the table for a while before intimately spoke to me again, "Of course I love my girlfriend, hehe!"
"Oh! Is she your girlfriend?" I asked again.
She straight up her back and pretend to be formal again," I'm sorry dear but no one can't own her but me," she said before losing her cool and laughed like a little kid. I was so happy to see her genuinely happy like that. Sad, but cute.

It was not just Dahyun. Sana tried to be intimate to everyone. Sadly, it was hard to find someone who could fully understand her 'amazingness'. We think maybe because Haeju's thought is kinda childish so she can understand Sana. Those two are meant to be together. Fyi, it's Sana who takes care of Haeju not otherwise. It's funny because Haeju is older and Sana looks more childish but it's true.

After some good laugh with her, I moved on to my last question, "Umm, can you tell me your wish for the rest of this year? What do you really want?"
"The rest of the year? Hmm..." she took a time to answer it, "What do I really want huh? I think what I really want is for everyone to be happy. Once... Staffs... And the members... My girlfriend Juju, hehehe! Aaand... Yeah, I just want them to be happy and healthy."
"Does that mean you don't want anything else?"
"Well, I do hope I can eat more delicious food... I wish I have time to come back home to see my parents, I-" suddenly she was paused, her cheeks were blushed, she folded her lips, "It's been a long time that I haven't visited my parents. I think I don't visit them enough. It's so-" Sana took a breath to calm herself, "I mean... When I'm having fun here, at home they're missing her beloved daughter. I have some people that I love so I know how it feels to be left alone by them...." she told me.
I bravely put my hand on hers to comfort her. One of the managers saw that and approached us. He gave Sana a bottle while whispering her something. I heard she answered her while nodding, "Yes... Yes... I'm sorry..." I was speechless to see that.

My time with Sana was one of the memorable experiences there in the fan meeting, "I would have hugged you if it's allowed, dear. Sadly I can't hug everyone," she said while shaking my hands. I don't really understand what she meant but I got the feeling so I gave my most genuine smile at her. Maybe that's jsut how Haeju understands her. Haeju is so perceptive and sensitive...
"You've done well, Sana-ssi. Just be yourself, we love you," I encouraged her, trying to end our conversation with a positive feeling.
"Thank you. You're lovely, Chanmi-ssi. Hehe!" she giggled, "Love to see you again!"

As I've met her lover, now it's finally time to meet Haeju herself. My heart is beating so fast. Here I go!
(to be continued)

 

 

 

 

 


(a/n) Thank you for 200 comments! This is so fascinating. We've reached this far and the comment section is very meaningful for me. It's the one that makes this story alive. The feedback is my place to evaluate myself every time I write a chapter. I'm glad to meet you all, thank you as always for being here. By the way, I'm thinking what if this fanfic has its very own patreon page. For you who don't know, basically, it's a place to support a/some creators by donating to them. I'm happy to support some of the creators that I like and maybe you'd do as well. I will be so grateful to take this hobby more seriously... I don't know guys, what do you think? Let me know, okay? Anyway, thanks again for reaching 200 comments. I love you to the moon and back 3000 :'D