Sana's Little Secret

10th Member

My phone is ringing. I open and read the text I just get. It's from Sana!

Sana: You owe me a wish, Love. Still remember that? ❤ I need it now ❤❤❤

Oh, right, I almost forget. It was from the amusement park a few weeks ago. I promised her a wish so she could help me to run away from MiNaMo and enjoyed the attractions (instead of just eating and gossiping). Do you know that Sana really likes to make me do that? The problem is: Her wishes are scary. Once, she asked me to take a shower together. I didn't let her touch me, but still, we were in a room together! She is so random indeed. I just hope this time her wish is not "so-gay" like that, or I'll consider stopping granting her wishes in the future.

Me: Tell me your wish~
Sana: Come with me now ❤ Meet me in Candy Rush store. Wear a hoodie. Don't tell anyone!!!
Me: Umm... Where are we going to do there?
Sana: JUST DO IT NOW JU! URGEEEEEENT

Oh, wow!  Urgent? What is she up to? What is it this time? Huhhh Sana Sana..... I shake my head.

***

After a while, like what she asked, I go to the store alone. It's near the dorm (that has a very safe neighborhood) so I can just walk there without worrying any fans, haters, or paparazzi. I enter the building, but I can't find Sana anywhere. She is not tricking me, right?
"Hwah!" Someone surprises from behind.
I'm so shocked.  "What are you doing???"
"Ssshh....! Miaan~ Hehehe..." Sana chuckles. "You are alone, right, Love?"
"I am."
"Good. Ah, our taxi is already here. Let's go!"
"Where are we going to?"
"Just somewhere with a lot of people," she says that doesn't really answer my question. Typical Sana.
"Tell me, Sana, what do you want me to do?" I change the question, hoping to get a better answer this time.
"Ah, right. You are going to pretend as my girlfriend!"

***

We are in a taxi. I felt so restless before, but now I feel better because I like the feeling of riding a taxi. Hmm..... There is a strong scent here. It's not that I don't like it but it's unique. It actually smells good and I quite enjoy that. I'm not sure if it's from the taxi or Sana hmm... Anyway, Sana just explained everything to me. Apparently, she is in a very serious situation.
"Okay, let me make it clear," I try to repeat her plan, "So, we are going to meet a Once who is also your..... Secret boyfriend?"
"Not my 'boyfriend'. I just date him 1-2 times." 
"Just hanging out together?"
"Umm... We kissed?" she says hesitantly. I guess it's kidna embarassing for me.
"Phew, okayyy... And then you are going to reject him with the reason that you have ME as your girlfriend?"
"He is stubborn, Ju! He already asks for several times if I can be his girlfriend. I don't want to! So, I need a much better reason than just 'Jype forbids it'. I already date her secretly so being her secret girlfriend can't be the case. I need a better reason," I'm listening to her explanation, "I need to tell him that I'm a lesbian. I'm into girls more. That's why I can't date him. It's a good idea, right?"
I just can't understand Sana's way of thinking. This is so bizarre. But it looks like she is struggling so much with her problem. I decide to do anything for her. I owe her anyway. "Yeah, I get it. And as you said, I need to act like an arrogant person?"
"Yeah, try to look tough. But don't talk too much tho! Just follow my lead. I know you can do it, Love, I've seen your acting before. It was amazing!"
"Thanks... But this is something different. I'll try my best tho," I wink to her.
"Just follow my lead, kay?"
"Let's do this!"

***

Now we are inside a cafe, or to be more precise, in the corner where no one can't see us. After waiting for a few minutes, the guy we are waiting for comes in. To be frank, he looks kinda cool. He is tall, neat, has a charismatic smile, plus his dandy fashion style makes him looks respectable. From his face, I think his age is not so far from mine. Maybe we are in the same age hmm... Sana tells me that he can speak multiple languages, like English, Japanese, and France. That's why she thinks he is so attractive. Probably it's because, unlike her, this guy is smart! Now I'm afraid if Sana's plan will work......
"Oh, Ahn Haeju is here too. Nice to meet you," He talks politely while taking my hand and kisses it. I immediately take it back roughly. I'm trying to get into my role. "It looks like you girls already order some drinks. Maybe I should order one too. A glass of frappe will be nice mm....."
"You don't need to do that, Lester. We are not planning to stay for a long time," She speaks so softly to him. It's nothing like the Sana I know. Too weak. I guess he changes her so drastically.
"Yeah, just sit there, Mr. Kissing-every-girls-hand!" I say arrogantly. Well, I don't think I look natural. I'm so nervous...
Sana takes a deep breath. "Hmm... I just need to say something to you." then she says it. She explains that, for the last time, she doesn't want to be his girlfriend. But as Sana has predicted before, he keeps denying that and pushing her. I see them fighting to each other. At some point, I get annoyed and yell at him, "Hey, watch your mouth, Boy!" Sana gives me a sign secretly to stop what I'm doing. I lean back to my chair. I bet I look so awkward. Oops!
"Okay okay... I am sorry if I say something wrong," Lester answers me politely, "I just don't get it. Our relationship works, Sana! I don't make any mistake. I like you. You also said that I was your ideal-type. You feel comfortable with me while texting or hanging out together. I know you love me too. So why?" Lester is asking seriously, "Why do you want to reject me?" Well, I guess this is the time for Sana to tell him that--
"The truth is..... I'm into girls more, Lester. I'm sorry," Sana says unconfidently, "Huh, I don't want to reveal this, but actually-" She embraces my arm,"- Haeju is my girlfriend."
He is quiet for a while. "Really?" He is making a confused face. "That's weird. I mean... I'm okay if you are really gay. I have no problem with that. But it doesn't seem real...... Both of you look so awkward to each other, especially right now!"
"We don't! That's the truth, Lester," I yell.
"You need to prove it."
Prove? What does he mean?
"What kind of proof?" Sana asks him.
Lester is thinking for a while. "Mm... I know. Kiss her!"
"What????" I'm shocked by what I just heard. Then I suddenly realize that I need to keep it cool. Damn, I forget that I'm still pretending!
"Yeah, kiss her Sana!" Lester continues what he says, "Kiss her like how a real couple does it."
"Nope, I won't do that!" Sana refuses.
"Why? Because she is just your FRIEND?"
"No! I just don't want to be ordered by someone like you."
Lester grins. "Just admit that you are lying, My dear. It's so obvious." Sana is cornered. This boy sure is so mean. Unfortunately, we have no option.
I hold Sana's hand to make her looks at me. I nod as I suggest that we should just do what Lester asks. "It's nothing big, right, Honey?" I caress her cheeks and try to speak passionately. "Just do it and leave this boy alone~"
I know she is still angry and confused, but it looks like she doesn't know what else to do. "Fine! But first, I want your phone on the table now. No one records anything," Sana tells him. Wow, that's very cautious! I can't believe she is being smart. She's so smart!

Why is Sana suddenly smart?!?

Lester puts his phone on the table. Sana turns her head to see me. Her expression is changed. The cheerful cutie Sana is suddenly back. She looks more relaxed. I try to smile back but my heart is beating so fast. I'm super nervous right now. She notices it and puts her hand on my left shoulder to calm me down. That works. After preparing our mental in secret for a second, I try to get into my role again. I look into her eyes deeply and slowly look down to her small lips. They sure look prettier in a close-up like this. Sana stops smiling and gets closer to me. I tilt my head a little bit.

We are doing it.........
That strong scent in the taxi earlier is back! As I smell it right from her neck, I realize that is a scent of strawberry. It gets into my nose as gentle as how Sana's doing right now. She is doing it slowly. Step by step. All I do is following her, as she told me earlier in the taxi. After a few seconds, I thought we were going to stop there, but she decides to continue with her tongue. I grab her thigh unconsciously. I pull my hand, but Sana takes it and puts it on her small waist. She my body like she is telling me not to worry about anything. That everything is gonna be okay.....

Time goes so slow. My heart is still beating so fast even after the kissing. I see Lester is shocked by what he just saw. I'm surprised that he really doesn't record it. It would be a very big problem if that was spread to the internet. Sana tells me to stand up. "Pay the bill, okay, Sweetie?" She says to him before we leave. We put our hoodie on and walk arm in arm to the street. Fortunately, there is a taxi there so we can immediately leave the place.

***

"Thanks, Love! You did it so well!!!" Sana says cheerfully in the taxi, "I can't believe what would happen if you were not here. Look, I know you have done so much today. Should I buy you something, maybe a drink? Should we stop to buy the fried chicken that you like? Or I can make you a bowl of ramyeon in the dorm. You will--"
"SANA!!!" I exclaim as I'm trying to control my breath. "Wait... Please... Sorry..... I'm just..... We were just kissing, Sana! Don't you realize it??? We. Really Kissed. Each. Other! And that was intense..... I... I...."
Suddenly Sana pulls and hugs me. I'm flustered. "Awww mianhae, Juuuu... I'm sorry you are involved in this," She says as she pats my back. She is so calm at this moment. "You are a very good friend, you know. I'm proud of you."
Listening to that makes me feel better. I hug her back. I'm glad that I'm an important person for her. Because so is she for me.

Yeah, Sana is special in my life.....

"Wanna hear a plot twist, Ju?" She asks me while we are still hugging. 
A plot twist? Wait a second... I just realize that what just happened today is indeed a little bit off. I'm not sure what. If I think about it...... Yeah, it's all abnormal from the beginning. I'm not just being over-distrustful, right? Is there something I really miss? And now, is she going to reveal it???
I push her gently and look at her face. "What is it?" I ask her suspiciously.
Sana is quiet for a moment.

 

 

 

 

"That was my first kiss. Hehe!"

 



((Author's note))
A story about forbidden love is really interesting to write. I hope you enjoy this story as much as I do~ Anyway, thanks for my friend Lester for letting me use his name for this story. You might want to follow his twitter: @NheilHerrera08~ :D