Freesia

10th Member

The love mark has disappeared.

But I already make a promise with Momo, so today we're going to a restaurant, you know, to get some jokbals. She told me to dress well. Probably we're not just going to have a lunch today, I don't know. I come to Dahmo's room and check her out. I see Momo is in the middle of powdering her cheeks. "Hello!~~," Momo says with her unique nasally voice. Dahyun is not there but there is someone else. Someone that I don't expect........ "Hi, Annie," That girl greets me before I can say anything. Calmly. She just sits there, on the edge of the bed, dressed so well. 'Oh no....... MINA IS COMING WITH US???' Inside, I scream.

"You're done?" Momo asks. "Come inside, Nie, wait for me."

"O... Kay...." I come in and, hesitant for a moment, but then decide to sit beside her. I expect her to move away from me a little but she doesn't. 

"Ah, I forget to tell you. Min... Sharon is going with us today. Is it okay for you?" Momo talks to me through my reflection. I look at Mina. I know that she changed her hairstyle a few days ago but I don't know that it turns out this pretty. Wavy hair, dark brown, falls down as high as her shoulders. It's a type of hair that I like the most from a girl but doesn't fit me. I don't even envy! I'm so amazed by this little girl. She's still so quiet, so mysterious. I hold my own hand and it's cold. Sigh... I should have brought Sana with me!

"Okay, I'm done!" Momo says as she's standing up and checks herself again on the mirror for the last time. She spins and looks at both of us with a bright smile, looks so excited before eating, as usual. "Let's go go go go go! Hehe...." 

 

Jihyo is there when we come out the room. It feels like she's waiting for us but... That would be impossible, right? 

"Yo Dina, are you sure you don't wanna come?" Momo asks in her rapper-like English.

"I really don't feel well but thanks," She answers while holding her stomach. Must be the cramp, she told me about it before. Poor her.

"I think our taxi is already there," Mina says.

"Okay, I'll come after," I tell them.

 

After they come out, I come to Jihyo and whisper, "Sharon is here....."

"I know right!" She answers while fixing my coat. "I don't know that she's coming! I thought you said it would be only you and Luna."

"I don't know either, Dina... Otokkae~"

"It's okay. Just don't worry too much," She calms me down.

"I really want to fix my friendship with her," I say.

"I know. You can do it! I trust you." She has done fixing my dress. She looks at me and smiles as she's being supportive. Immediately, I hug her to calm myself down. "O!" She sounds surprised.

"I'm too drama, Diiiiiiiiin...!"

She pats my back, "Nooo, you're not. It's fine. Okay, by the way, I just fixed your coat and now you're ruining it again by hugging me haha....."

"Uhm, sorry...." I release my hug and continue to whisper, "Okay, I'm leaving! I'm really glad to have you as my new best friend. Hehe... See you!"

"Aww, so cute. Take care, Bestie!"

***

Three of us arrive at the restaurant. After picking the menu (and impatiently waiting the waiter to leave), Momo reminds me of her promise. "How is it, the mark? Still need help to get rid of it?" She asks while chuckling.

"It disappears by itself. You know that will happen, don't you? I bet this is a trap," I say.

"Not really a trap. C'mon, I'm just curious about you and Sa... Sa... San....." 

"Sofie," Mina helps her remembers Sana's nickname.

"You and Sofie!"

"Sigh...."

"Tell us, Nie, I want to know! I'm sure Sharon wants to know too, right?"

"Uhh... Mm..." She looks kinda surprised to be asked like that.

"Fiiiine..... What do you want to know anyway?" I ask.

"How long has it been?"

"Hmm...." I realize that I don't really count how many days I've been dating Sana. I'm trying to recall when was the first time we consider dating. I'm trying so hard but I can't think of anything. "2 weeks?" I give her a random answer.

"Aww... That's still early."

"I don't think it's just two weeks......" Mina mumbles.

"Aaand how many times have you guys made out?"

"Oh wow, seriously Luna? That question already?!" I ask.

"Why not? That's the context of our meeting anyway," She answers. Momo grabs my left chin and pinches it. "Uww what an innocent Unnie," She says.

"Ahaha... Alright. Hmm, t... Three times," I answer hesitantly. This is so embarrassing!

"Ehhhhhhh!!!!??" Momo and Mina are shocked Japanesely. "Sofie is sure a snake," Momo says.

Mina nudges her. "Haha... How can you say that?"

"But it's true..!"

"If Sofie Unnie is a snake, then what are you?" Mina challenges her.

"Mm... I'm a butterfly! Beauty and fragile," She smirks.

I laugh so hard hearing that. "I never find a butterfly who loves eating porks," I joke. "Must be a huge butterfly."

"Monstrous," Mina adds.

"Ungg... Nomuhae!

"Damn, 'fragile'! You're like the strongest member here. Look at your washboard-like abs, Luna," I tell her.

"It's beautiful....."

"OH YEAH, that one is beautiful tho! I agree with Sharon. But if it's a butterfly, I think it fits Sharon better. Fragile and beautiful hmm....." I say.

"I think YOU fit butterfly the best!" Mina throws that compliment back to me.

"No, you. You are more beautiful!"

"No, you...."

"You..."

"You..!"

"Yy...." I'm stopped answering as, for a second, I realize that I'm joking with Mina. I look at her wide smile and friendly gaze. I think our relationship has been officially fixed. I'm so glad. I miss her friendly looks. This is the girl that I know. The Mina that I miss.....

"Why can I be the butterfly???" Momo cuts us. "I'm beautiful too!"

"Who says that you are not beautiful? You aaaaare," I tell her. "But just not a butterfly, hahahahaha......"

 

We are having a great lunch. While enjoying the delicious jokbal, I tell them the details about me and Sana. I'm so embarrassed to tell them, but that makes Mina excited and even more opened to me, so yeah, worth it. I can talk comfortably with her again, even without me explaining anything. Probably, I'm just overthinking about my friendship with her. Probably there's nothing between us..........

We come back home by taxi. Apparently, Momo is going to visit her friend so I have to go back to the dorm just with Mina. I still don't know why Momo told me to dress so well earlier if she was just going to meet her friends alone.....

It's a little bit awkward in a taxi. I'm not surprised if Mina doesn't talk much because she's always like that. Me too, actually. The only thing that she tells me is she wants to drop by at a flower shop. I say, "Ok" and that's it. God blesses the inventors of smartphones for giving me something to do at this moment.

***

We arrive.

There are so many flowers displayed on the front of the store, many more inside, shown through the window. I'm so amazed at what I see. My mood is suddenly boosted. "I never visit a flower shop before!" I tell her.

"Oh, really?"

"I love it! Wow, these flowers are so beautiful," I say while following her coming into the store. I catch her smiles hearing me this excited.

Mina opens the door. Automatically, a bell welcomes us by ringing. Someone greets us from the cashier, "Welcome!" It's a young lady, probably around our age. She's so white and tall. That girl is wearing a yellow headband and a plain white shirt. It looks so good on her. "May I help you?" She asks again. Mina makes an eye contact with her, to tell her that she wants to see around by herself. Then he turns left, going into between some tall shelves, I follow.

 

"Do you know anything about flowers, Annie?" She asks while we walking through the shelves.

"No... I'm not really a type person who likes nature, actually," I tell her the truth about me.

"You look so excited right now tho."

"YEAH! Apparently, flowers are beautiful. Ooooh, this place has a good vibe!"

As I'm so enthusiast, kindly, she tells me the names of the flowers that we pass. She also explains what kind of flowers they are. I'm so amazed by her wide knowledge. Mina is so reliable when it comes to "using brain". Between us, she's like top 3 the smartest member. I like her when she looks smart like this. So charming.....

"Do you often visit this place?" I ask her, wondering.

"I visited once a few yea--....... Ah, here it is!!!" She small runs to the corner of the store. She takes a small weird flower to check if it's really what she's looking for. "I got you...." She mumbles.

"We are here for that thing???" I ask. I'm kinda surprised that apparently, she's looking for a flower like that. I'm not saying it's not beautiful but compared to the other flowers, it doesn't look that special. Kinda lame, honestly. I thought she was going to buy a rose or something.

"Listen, you need to buy this flower!" She asks all of sudden.

"Huh, why?"

"This is Freesia!" 

"So?"

"This is Sofie's favorite flower."

"Aaaaaah.....!" I take that flower from her hand. A yellow funnel-shaped flower is passed onto my hand. Looking at this thing somehow reminds me of Sana indeed. "How do you know this is her favorite flower?" I suddenly realize the odd.

"Let me tell you a story," She says, "So, a long time ago, I and the other members visited this flower store. There were still 9 of us. We were just bored and decided to visit a place that we didn't usually visit--"

"....and that place was this flower shop?"

"One of the places that we visited, yes. I was wandering around the store with Sofie. She was, like you, so excited about the flowers but had no idea about them. I told her anything I knew about each flower. Just like today too. She really enjoyed it, acted so loud and bubbly, said random imaginary things, typical her. You know what I mean...." She smirks. I giggle to hear that because I can imagine it. "She said she loved all the flowers in this shop, so I asked to pick one as her favorite. She took a long time to decide. She went here and there to find her favorite....."

"Mm, yeah, she is not good in deciding things quickly," I say, "Anyway, then she chose this flower?"

"....then she chose this flower. The yellow one." Mina smiles."No one knows about this. Only me. She will be happy if you give her that."

"Aww... Thank you, Sharon, you're so thoughtful! I'm pessimistic if she still remembers this flower tho... What is this called again?"

"Freesia."

"Ferr... What?"

"F r e e s i a," She spells it, helping me pronounce it.

"Freeeesia. Free... Freesia. Okay!"

 

"Hmm, I have an idea.... Take out your phone!" She asks me. While still holding the flower, I take my phone out of my purse. Then she speaks again, "Let me take a picture of you. The background is cool. The vibe of this place kinda suits you."

"Ohh, okay....."

After setting up things a little, she directs the camera towards me. She tells me to step back, standing near one of the shelves. I hold the Freesia tight and smile. She smiles too. I look at her. Sometimes, I forget how tiny she is compared to me. She used to be the one who took care of me the most. Understood what I liked and what was good for me or not. She taught me things, made me experienced so many things. And my heart used to skip every time I was too close to her. She is so different compared to the other members. She is small. I remember those tiny lips touched mine one day. Ah, I was so embarrassed. This is like a story that hasn't finished. I'm a little bit embarrassed thinking like this. I wonder what she has been thinking about me.....

"Sha... Sharon, your eyes!" I realize her eyes are teary while I'm going to check the results.

"Ehh... Uh, uhm, sorry," She quickly wipes the tears that suddenly comes out.

"Are you okay?"

"Ss... Ss... Sure. Don't worry. Must be the pollen of the flowers," She sounds kinda trembling.

"Why are you crying? Geez, you're like me now, easily touched," I say.

She laughs at my joke but then stopped when I wipe her cheek. I put my thumb behind her eye. She's looking at me patiently. As I've finished she says, "You're so beautiful today."

"Uhh...You too, honestly." I smile awkwardly. She chuckles. I follow along. I realize how sweet she has been to me today, thinks about a gift that I should give to my girlfriend. She is always this lovely tho. Sometimes, as a friend, I feel like she's so romantic. Lucky that person who can get her one day.....

Park Minkyung (Davichi), singer

After walking around a little bit more, we leave to purchase the flower (we end up only buying the Freesia). As we're approaching the cashier I discover that apparently, the cashier lady recognizes Mina. Later, I'm introduced to her. She tells me her name, as shown on her nametag, it's Kang Minkyung.

"I become a Once since you guys visited my store," She tells us while waiting for Mina to sign our album that she has.

After her, it's my turn to sign it. "By any chance, do you have any bias?" I .

"Mina-ssi, of course," She answers it right away.

"Oh, I don't expect that! Sure Mina is so popular these days but apparently, even a florist likes her!" I say.

"But I'm a fan of Haeju-ssi too. You're great as a new member," She adds. Then she puts her hand, opened, near as she's going to whisper something to me but not really. "I read some articles about you. Don't listen to the haters really, I support you!"

"Ahaha... You don't have to say thaaat!" I return her signed album. "You're not an undercover Thrice, are you? I guess I should buy more of your flowers. Hehe....."

"I... I mean that...." Minkyung sounds stutter.

Mina nudges me. "Ju!!!"

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry, Haeju was joking," Mina tells her. I realize that I must have said a wrong thing again. Geez, I should join the no-jam brothers. 

"Oh no, sorry, Minkyung-ssi. Gosh, Sharon, I'm still so bad at joking, aren't I?"

"You're ALWAYS bad at joking. Be careful," She glares at me to emphasize what she's saying.

"I don't mean that. Sorry, once again." I bow to the shop owner.

"Haha... It's really okay. It's already great to meet you guys in my store. Here, let me give a discount to prove that," Minkyung says.

Mina waves her hands as she refuses, "You don't have to--"

".....And one bonus flower for me, okay?" I take one random flower near me. Mina nudges me and glares at me again. "What? It's not like I say I'm taking 5 of them?!" I ask her.

"Stop joking around!"

"You... You may take 5 more if you want," Minkyung says.

"Oh, may I?"

"No, don't!" She takes my hand and stops me.

"It's okay, Mina-ssi. I really like Haeju-ssi, she is as funny as how she is on TV. You may take more flowers too."

"See? She says I'm funny," I continue joking.

"Thank you, but it's okay..... JU, STOP! NOT FUNNY."

"Aww okay....."

"Hhhh!"

Minkyung is chuckling seeing both of us. "Haha... Sorry. I don't know that both of you are this close. I ship!" She talks with a soft chuckle. Mina laughs along. Not me. I'm suddenly flustered hearing that. I feel restless to hear that pure confession about us. That same feeling when Nayeon said that she shipped Annie x Sharon......

 

Why am I so nervous?

***

We're going home with another taxi. The mood has changed. I feel easier around Mina now. So is she, I guess. We start talking about one-two things about what happens around us. I'm glad to be close to her like this again.

"An?" She calls my name.

"Yes?"

"May I ask you something?"

"Go ahead."

"Are you happy with Sana?"

I don't know what to answer. Suddenly, the answer becomes so complicated in my head. "Happiness is not something that we can easily define," I answer her. I don't know why I answer it like that.

"Mm, you're right. Actually, I......"

"Hmm?"

She sighs. Then it goes quiet. So quiet. I'm waiting for her to say something as it seems like it. "I'm jealous," She says with a really low voice. I look at her lowering her head down, not be able to look at me.

"Jealous?"

"I... I don't want you to date Sofie. Urgh, there I said it......."

Mina clenches her fists. I see that she's so sincere about it. "Why?"

"I don't know... I... I have a bad feeling about it."

I grab her hand, loosen her heart up. "It's hard to sink the ship," I tell her honestly, "Not with just a bad hunch as a reason like this."

"I know, Ju, I know. Huh, Tzuyu has warned me about this but....." Mina holds both of my hands back. She looks up and sees me in the eyes. "I miss you!"

"Aww, yeah, I miss you t--"

"NO!!!" I was going to hug her but shocked by her scream.

"So... Sorry......"

"Not like that... I don't miss you like that. There's something more, don't you get it?" She looks up and sees me. Checking the answer in my eyes.

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Just tell me what it is....."

She looks into my eyes deeper, probably finding her own reflection on them as I've found mine on hers. Mina hugs me quickly and confesses, "I love you, Ahn Haeju! I know I don't deserve this but please, let me be shipped to you!"

I don't know where to look. My heart is racing. I'm not sure what to feel but the great joy is definitely here. I realize there is a flower between us, might be crunched if I hug her back.

 

I hug her back.....

 

"You don't have to answer it now--"

"Sharon!" I cut her.

"Y... Yes?"

I smirk. "I don't know if I'm being a jerk if I say this but......... You just called me by my Korean name."

She releases the hug, looking blank for a few second until she realizes what I mean. She sobs. Tears shed from the edge of her eyes.

"Oh nooooo.... I was joking! Don't cry, Myoui Mina, please......"

"How can you say that......."

I grab the flower, tightly, throw it to the behind her back away while slowly leaning my body onto her. Unlike before, I take the initiative this time. Gently I put my lips on her, leaving her a peck. "Sorry," I whisper while resting on her forehead. We look at each other. Not sure what to feel.

"Again...."

"Again?"

"Kiss me again...."

Time stops. I invest all of my emotions on these few seconds of me with her. She goes along. "Sorry...."

"Again..."

"Sorry...."

"Again...."

"Sorry...."

"Again...

 

Again....

 

Again...."

 

 

 

Then we arrive at the dorm. I'm welcomed by the usual joyful cheer, calling my name. The caller comes out from her hide. Usually, I feel tensed every time she appears but not now. I feel secretly easier as my heart has changed. Sana pulls me away, separates me with Mina. The latter looks at me from afar and smirks. So do I.

Only two of us who know that I just visited a flower shop a while ago.......

 

 

 

 

 



(a/n) Finally, this story is published! It's been a draft for a long time >.< Hope you as excited as me. More adventure is coming. As I've started working, I'm managing things so I can keep updating this fanfic. There are already 12 chapters in this beloved season 3, wow! :3 Sometimes, when I feel down or scared with my new job, I think about Haeju and the rest of the members, thinking that they must be struggling too. But it will be great if we can stay positive and excited as they do. Good luck to you too with your school or work (or life in general ;) hehe). Hwaitiiiing!!!~~ 

p.s. I add an author's note (a/n) in the 'Lonely Hearts Club' chapter.