Civil War

10th Member

[Flashback]

The members were heard cheering from the other room. At first, Tzuyu was excited to know what they were up to. Maybe her unnies are doing something fun and she would like to join! Tzuyu is easily bored and she's really opened if there's anything fun. Unfortunately, all those expectations were all brought down because she heard really bad news instead. Nayeon unnie just told her the last thing Tzuyu wanted to hear. This is something that, she knows, can trigger her favorite unnie dark side. The one who can ruin Haeju's sweet personality even more...
Nayeon held both of Tzuyu's hands and said, "Ahn Lena is coming!!!" she told Tzuyu in the most exciting way. Leaving Tzuyu with an awkward expression because she knew she was feeling the opposite.  

"Oh sh*t.!"

[Present time]

In one of the rooms in Twice dorm, one lady is shouting so loud in anger, "...when someone doesn't need me, I won't be there for them! What is it for, right?!" Haeju is yelling and she's only accompanied by Tzuyu. It's been a long time since Haeju doesn't express what she feels directly to Tzuyu. The latter really appreciate it, "But actually she's telling the same thing over and over again. Unnie has one idealism that she holds so tight. She's so stubborn about it." 

"I hate this!" Haeju walks slowly, step by step in front of Tzuyu, "Thissss...! I hate myself," she says like there's a heavy meaning behind every single word, a secret meaning, it's always like watching a theatrical act when you're listening to Haeju when she's mad, "But nothing I can really do about that, right?" she asks the maknae carelessly, "It's just my defense mechanism, Tzuyu! I can't help but avoid people who might hurt me. You know, I'm the kind of person who will always try to be there for my friends. I'm not bold. I'm easily swayed by other people. That's just because I want them to be happy because people tend to like another person who agrees with them. I know that it's easier for other people when I just agree with them. So I do that. I do it because I want other people to feel good. I do it because I can..." Haeju expresses her anger to the maknae while the one's listening just staring at her blankly, being a supportive friend. 

"At this moment I know Lena unnie is out there somewhere with the other members. I'm guessing Haeju unnie is this upset because of her attendance to Korea. Huh, I was right! This is what I'm afraid of the most," Tzuyu guesses, although Haeju is actually not talking about Lena this time.

"That stylist just hates me. I know it from how she talked. She envies my career as an idol because, for her, a stylist lives as difficult as us but the income doesn't worth the pain. She was bragging about her life to me, Tzuyu, she was bragging! She also hated idols- I don't know how to explain it! I just know!" the oldest member paused to sit on the bed after walking in a circle while ranting the whole time.
"Lowkey I like that unique habit. It's just her style, moving when she's talking like this, I heard smart people do that."
"-and now it's my fault again when I want to change my stylist. What? I'm tired, Tzuyu. It doesn't make any sense."
"It's okaaay, Unnie... it's understandable," I tell her.
"Right?! I just don't want anyone to ruin my mood before performing because my feelings are some important assets. As an artist!" she tells me.
"You have told me that," Tzuyu almost tells her that. Haeju really repeats it over and over again. Tzuyu sighs...
"Okay, enough, Tzuyu! Let's get out!"
"Where?"
"I wanna grab some ice cream. Wanna come?" Haeju offers boldly.
"Sure," Tzuyu answers.
"Good. I'll back here in 5 minutes. I'll tell the manager to pick us and I wanna take my jacket," Haeju opens the door with an unchanged mood, "Fffuhhh!! I will get old faster if I keep being like this," she talks to myself before leaving the room, leaving Tzuyu alone in dazing. 
"I know Haeju unnie. I know her mood can't be changed even after ranting like that. She will keep so serious on the way there as she won't try to make herself happier by herself. Don't even want to hear my advice to do so. That's what I hate about this new Haeju. She's not sweet anymore...

...I really miss the old Haeju..."

"I'm glad we end up going to the mart by taxi because this is unnie's favorite transportation. She once said it's comfortable, cheap, easy to get, and private. For unnie, when you're in a taxi, you'll never feel alone. That's weird when it comes to someone who never talks with the cab's driver. I think maybe it's because it's public transportation, there are so many people who have sat on the same seat as her, so she doesn't feel lonely. She also said 'taxi is aesthetic'. For me, of course, it's more comfortable in Twice's car because we already know the driver and usually we're with the members. But, well, it's okay if we have a different preference tho. I like it more like that..." Tzuyu thinks that's before she looks at Haeju with ice cream on her right hand and phone on her other hand, looks so serious on the screen. Tzuyu suddenly feels sad because Haeju doesn't feel happy at all. She doesn't seem to enjoy it, even with two of her most favorite things in the world: taxi and ice cream. Plus Tzuyu as her most favorite member that Tzuyu doesn't know, "Unnie, what's wrong?"
"Nothing," she answers shortly.

 

 

 

"Is it because you're tired and have to come back to-"
"-JYPE? No... It's fine, it's our job," Haeju says.
"Yes... Just... Try to enjoy it," Tzuyu says hesitantly. 
"What?! The ice cream?" Haeju answers in a high tone.
"Yes!!! The ice cream, the ride, the journey..." Tzuyu says with the same emotion as Haeju.

 

 

 

"Yeah, the ice cream is nice..." Haeju says.

 

"...although it will be better instead of coffee flavored they had strawberry."
"Sigh! How can she still complain about everything??? The effect of Lena's coming back to Korea is this huge for unnie, apparently," Tzuyu tries to be patient. She doesn't want to ruin Haeju's mood even more. She will just let her this time.
They almost arrive. Suddenly, Tzuyu remembers that Sana unnie is in the office too right now. She knows she hates Sana but this time she really depends on her, "Ohh, please save Haeju unnie. She has been broken.....!!!"

"Juuuuuuu~!!!"
Haeju waves her hands to Sana with both of her hands. Both, like an excited little girl. Haeju smiles widely just by seeing Sana being happy like that. Meanwhile, Tzuyu is afraid because somebody who's walking with Sana is no other than Ahn Lena, "Oh no, there will be a civil war coming really soon in JYPe," Tzuyu talks to herself. She follows Haeju to encounter Sana and Lena. Sana hugs Haeju as soon as they both meet. Haeju looks calm with a hesitated smile on her face. After that, Haeju looks at Lena until both of them look at each other. Tzuyu's heart is pumping so hard because of that. 

But then, Haeju hugs and Lena and otherwise. Both of them are looked so happy. It seems like they just got a new friend and really excited about it. At least, that's how it looks. Tzuyu doubts how Haeju really feels about it because she's known for her good acting. So is Lena, actually.
"How are you, Haeju..?" Lena asks her with a bright tone.
"Hey, I'm fine! How about you?" Haeju answers in English.
"I'm great! I went straight from the hotel to be here because the company wished to meet me," Lena answers her in English too.
"Ohh, when did you arrive in Korea?"
"Last night."
"Really? You must be tired, Lena."
"It's okay, Ju, I've got some good sleep! Hehe..."

Tzuyu doesn't realize that Sana is already beside her and holding her hand. Not waiting for Haeju and Lena talking, Sana pulls Tzuyu and leads her to the meeting room. Haeju and Lena follow them behind. They end up having a conversation in English that Tzuyu hardly understands but she's watching them anyway, "Unnie really is good at pretending," she says to herself, "I'm sure with just one mistake, the tense will rise up again like how it used to be."
Tzuyu hasn't included the members who are invited to this afternoon meeting but they allow her to sit together with them. Tzuyu is watching Haeju and Lena, sensing the burning fire hidden between those two, hiding in their smile and friendliness. It feels like she's waiting for Haeju to be angry to prove a point. She believes that Haeju unnie is unstable these days that changes her into an easily irritated person. Tzuyu just wants to change Haeju back to her old self. She misses Haeju's fun and sweet personality.
Tzuyu peeks at Sana beside her who seems like she's not bothered with anything. "Does she even what's happening to Haeju unnie? I think she does but... Does she?" Sana showing her mile while hearing the staff's explanation about their project. She's calmed, relaxed but serious and being professional. 

Tzuyu can't accept that there's nothing happening here right now. Even after the day ends, Haeju doesn't go mad to Lena or anything. Everything is normal. 
"This is not the Haeju that I know. I'm not feeling her anymore. Haeju is gone. Usually, I will do anything for unnie but... 

Should I...

...just give up on her this time?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

(To be continued)


(a/n) I will really appreciate your comment on this one. I'm doing something as you can see. I hope everyone is okay. I know you also wish the same, hoping that the members are all fine. I hope you're okay. I just watched Detective Pikachu and it was really fun. The Pikachu is so cute, I love it. Have you watched the movie?