Palette

10th Member

"Oh, you're here too....."

I come into her room with my new drawing book. I'm bored with our schedule and Chaeyoung promised to accompany me to draw today, so here I am! Chaeyoung greets me friendly. She is there as well. 
"A drawing class with Charlotte?" She asks.
"Haha... I'm not a teacher, Dina," Chaeyoung says.
"I used to like doodling when still in high school," I tell them.
"For real?"
"Not as good as Lotte tho."
"Ayy~ I'm mediocre."
"Yup, I draw better than her!" Her joke makes us all laugh.
"You're not bad, actually." I lay down, stomach on the floor. Chaeyoung follows. She takes out some crayons, pencil colors, oil paints, a brush, and a never-used palette. A beautiful white palette. I choose the pencil and a little strawberry-shaped eraser. She copies.
"May I play some music?" Chaeyoung asks, "I just wanted to ask you that...." I don't know what I want to draw. It's started with an eye. Then I just follow where my heart leads me.

In the middle of me doodling, Jihyo calls me,"Haeju-ya."
"Hmm?"
"It's healing, isn't it?"
I smile. "You know me so well."
I see her cheeks blushing a little bit. "Of course, I am...."
"I like your drawing style," Chaeyoung says.
"You think so?"
"It's cute! It's neat. It makes me happy seeing it...."
"Dina-ya..." I call that girl who's laying on her bed, above us.
"Y.. Yes?"
"You heard that? I was just complimented by the master," I tell her.
"Hahahaha!"

It's been a while since I've doodled something. I couldn't really remember how I used to draw until my drawing is (half) finished. It's kinda cartoonish. I like drawing living objects instead of landscape or geometric shapes. Like right now, I'm drawing a cat and a squirrel unconsciously. You know, me as a cat and Sana as the squirrel...............
"Aww.... Haeju is in love!" Jihyo exclaims after checking out my drawing. 
"Eh?! Mwahahahaha what the !"
"Wow, language, young lady. What's wrong?" Jihyo's confused looking at her dongsaeng suddenly laughing hysterically.
"You! Hahahaha!"
"What is it, Chaeyoung-a?" 
I grab her hand. "Ssh... Ssh! Don't let the other know. Oh, Dina, have you realized it yet?"
Jihyo covered with her hands as she was shocked. "Omo... Did I just.....?"
"You call us by our Korean names! 'Haeju and Chaeyoung'. Hahaha....." Chaeyoung looks so happy figuring that out.
"Ssh... Ssh! Yeah, three times in a row. Maybe four?"  I add.
"I'm doomed............"
I peek the outside of the room. "Lotte-ya, listen! Let this one slides."
"Seriously?" She says in shock, "oh, thank you thank you!" Jihyo comes down and grabs Chaeyoung and I's hands.
"BUT!" I make both of them looking at me. "You must grant us a wish. How about that?"
"Hoo.... Great idea!"
"I'll do anything. Whatever it is, still better than doing the punishment," Jihyo confesses.
"Deal! You owe us now." I'm glad for having a cunning girlfriend. Sana is so inspiring. Ohh, this is fun! I tap Chaeyoung's shoulder, "okay, now what are we going to do with her?" I smirk. She looks at Jihyo, grins so wide until her lips touching her ears.

You know what, I'm as excited as her! Hehe.....

***

"Annie.....

Annie.....



Annie, wake up! Annie? Annie?" I feel someone is shaking my shoulder.
"Uh huh?"
"Wake up, dear." Apparently, it's not 'someone'. It's Sana! I'm on my bed. I hear my alarm is ringing. I try to collect the pieces of my soul back.
"Oh wait... Am I late???"
"No, you're fine. Calm down... Aww, you're so pretty when you wake up like this," She says weakly, "may I kiss you, Princess?"
She looks shy. I pull her head. Kiss those lips. "No."

I turn off my alarm. It's still dark outside, I'm afraid. After one-two minutes, I get up from my bed and go to the kitchen. I need a glass of water that's fresh from the refrigerator every morning before I do anything else. Well, at least I'm going to do that since we are in the dorm.....

I glare around and suddenly feel as if someone's there, like someone's watching me. A mysterious back of a tall girl in a blue-yellow sleeveless shirt is alone in the kitchen. I approach her slowly. "Veronica....." Tzuyu turns around to look at me. That face is still cute even when she's expressionless like that. What am I thinking? I open the refrigerator to find my drink. I drink it beside her. "What are you doing?"
"Tea," She says before I notice the 2 cups on the table. "Want me to make one for you too?"
"Oh no, no.... I'm good."
"It's okay," She takes another cup from the shelf.
"No, really. Thank you, dear," I say until she puts that cup back, "hey, umm..... I'm sorry....." 
"Huh, for what?" Tzuyu asks in confusion.
I scratch my head, too hesitant to say anything, "nevermind....."
She glares at me for a second. "Weird."

I know what I want to say. There is this gap between us after we change roommates. I feel like I have abandoned her. We used to be together all the time, but now I only hang out with Sana. I also feel like Tzuyu gives her time more to Mina these days, her new roommate. I have this feeling that Mina pulls Tzuyu to stay away from me for some reason. I don't know why, but I don't want it's going on like this.
"You did nothing wrong. Please," Tzuyu speaks again.
"Oh, really?!"
"Stop apologizing already!" This is my regular talk with her. I apologize, she refuses and assumes that I exaggerate things.
"I guess so...." I answer her, try to avoid more arguments. She smirks at me. That smile..... It's been a while, really! I move to her back and I start circling my arms around her waist.
"I miss you......" She rubs my hand.
"I know... Ehm, Unnie, I need to bring these cups of tea."
"Oh, sorry...." I release my hug, "want me to help you?"
"You need to get prepared," she answers shortly.
"Okay..... Sharon is not sick, is she?"
"She's fine, don't worry," Tzuyu replies as she leaves me with a tray in her hand. I'm looking at her back again, not her face anymore. After a few steps, I'm surprised with what she's doing. Shocked, but relieved. She turns around, carefully, just to say one thing to me, "see you later, Unnie. Hehe...."

My heart is tingling!

***

Right now we're getting ready in the makeup room.

From afar, I see Dahyun and Chaeyoung getting prepared together. Sitting beside them is Tzuyu and Mina, and it seems they're having a conversation. Yeah, there's still a gap between Tzuyu and I because she's close with Mina nowadays. But the latter has a bigger gap with me. I feel like she's avoiding me. I'm not really sure why. I keep thinking that it's just my feeling, but no. She IS avoiding me.
Look! She just glanced at me. It was not a friendly gaze. It was not a friendly expression. I understand that Tzuyu avoids me too since she needs to take care of her new roommate but I don't want to let this happen for too long. It needs to be stopped.
I walk toward that group, stop right in front of Mina. "Mi... Sharon, can I talk with you in private?" 
She gets up without saying anything.
"Mian...." I apologize to the maknae line for bringing Mina out. I lead her to get out of the room.

She stands there, standing face to face with me. She looks at me with a lazy face. Suddenly, my mouth is locked. "What?" She asks.
"Ngg... Mm.... I don't know. I feel like these days you're avoiding me. Are you? Look, I'm so sorry if I do anything wrong. I know you don't like it when I apologize too much but I really feel like I made a mistake....."
"Yeah, stop apologizing." She throws her gaze away.
"This isn't because I date Sofie, right?" I ask her while looking at the answer from her eyeballs.
"What do you mean? That's not my business."
"You don't understand. I told you not to date Luna back there but.... I.... This thing with Sofie is not something serious, you know..... Look, I just want you to--"An opened door is heard behind, a young girl's voice cuts me off.
"O, who's this? Annie?!" She gives me a back hug. "Baaaaaaabe~!!!" Sana screams, "oh, hi Sharon, you're here!"
Mina smiles at Sana. I her head that pops out from the back of my shoulders.
"Mhm... What are you doing here, Sunshine? What's that?" I ask as I'm noticing her bringing two hair-sprays.
"Ah this...." She releases me and moves so I can see her clearly, "I practiced my singing."
"With those?"
"My mics!"
"Why two?"
"Molla~ I'm looking for Luna."
"She is with Dina, eating," Mina answers her.
"There?"
"Yea...."
"Okay, thank you, Sharon! I'm leaving, Beb." In a second, she pecks my right cheek, "byeee~" I wave my hand back to her before looking back at Mina. Immediately,  I'm trying to remember what I'm going to say to Mina but, then, Sana calls me again.
"Annie-yaaa, love youuuuuuuuu!!!" She shouts from the end of the hallway, making a huge heart shape with her arms. I give her two heart hands. She giggles. I wait until she disappears.
"Sharon, I.... Wait, come back!" She is leaving me, "where are you going?" Mina closes the door on my face without saying anything. That stops me from following her. 

Oh no, what should I do......

***

We're now changing our outfits back now that the performance has ended. I feel so relieved that today's schedule ends faster than usual. I really need to take a rest and chill. I guess everyone feels the same. The other members are all here. Beside me, Momo is changing her clothes like everyone else. Suddenly, she comes closer.
"Oho... You don't want anyone to see this, Annie-ya!" She whispers to me.
"See what?"
"This...." She rubs my waist. Momo glances at the other members before whispering again, "she bit you, didn't she?" I'm trying to understand what she's talking about. I look at the spot where she rubs. Oh no....
She chuckles. "Relax... Your first love mark?"
"Love mark?"
"Yeah, you know... It's what you call a scar or bruise that's made while you're making love. A hickey." Momo moves behind me so she can cover me. I check the mark again. It's a clear shape of Sana's teeth fixed on the lower part of my right waist.
"Is... Is this a bad thing?"
"Well, if you are willing to tell everyone, including JYPe staffs and Once that you had ...... Then it's not."
"They will get mad if they know I do that. It was just an accident, you know?! It happened that one night no one in our room, we had nothing to do and--" Momo interupts me and pats my shoulder, "not here, Darling, save your story. Relax. I understand that. Geez.... You should be more careful!"
"What should I do, Luna?"
"I really like your panic face hehe....." Momo giggled as I check to see if the others are looking at us. Jihyo stands the nearest with us but she's not looking towards us. It's safe. I turn around to face Momo. "I'm so doomed, aren't I? I really don't want anyone to discover this mark."
She smirks. "I know how to get rid of it."
"How???" I asked in hope, Momo widened her smile, signing me that she won't do anything for free. 
"Alright, I get it. How about I treat you to a Chinese restaurant?"
"Jokbal?"
"No problem."  Momo walks to her original spot, sitting there, taking off her shoes. My eyes are naturally following her as she hasn't answered my deal.
"Luna, pleaaaase....." I beg her. Unfortunately, some people in the room hear that and see me. She glances at them for a while before continues what she's doing.
"C'mooon!" I whisper angrily to her. Without raising her head, Momo hums, "see you at the restauraaaant~"

***

I fall asleep in the car and wake up a little while after in a really bad mood. The first thing comes to my head is that I need to take care of my abandoned house. Since my mom left, no one lives there anymore. Haneul visits it a few times per week but just that. One day, we decided to sell it. It's been really bothering me since then. I need time to find some documents and figure out how to sell a house. I think I need to promote it as well? Should I use an agency? Does that kind of thing even exist? I really have no idea how to sell a house. And as an older sister, I don't want Haneul to struggle with this thing too much.
I unlock my room and throw myself on the bed as my body feels so heavy. I don't change my clothes or anything; just go straight to the bed. After a while, I feel someone taking off my socks. I force myself to find out who.
"Sunshine.....?"
"It's okay, go back to sleep. I know you're tired."
"Mian....."
"Mwah!" She smooches my foot. Now that's just so wrong. But I'm so tired that I can't hold my head anymore. 
"Love you....." I say before fall asleep again.

***

I knock on Nayeon and Jeongyeon's door to their room.

I know that Jeongyeon has told me to just come in from our texts before, but for the sake of good manner, I decided to knock first.
"Come in!" I hear someone shout from the inside. Maybe two people. I open it and see the 'senior couple' is there. They are both sitting on one bed side-by-side and leaving the other bed empty. Jeongyeon, with her new long white hair, is wearing a too-big white shirt with short pants at the bottom. Beside her, Nayeon is wearing a blue-sky sleeveless shirt. Both of them look so pretty even without any makeup like this. Until today, I'm still amazed with their looks the most. Envy.

I talk with them about my selling-a-house problem. Jeongyeon gives me some advice about what to do. Nayeon recommends me some people from JYPe that I can trust to help me. Both of them are calming me down as well. I'm really glad that I ask them for help. I feel so much better now after they give me some solutions.
"I don't know how to thank you, guys," I say to them. Both of them laugh.
"Haha why..? You don't have to."
"I think she has to."
"Ohoo~ Should she?"
"Do you have an idea?"
"Hmm... Let me think!"
"Wha... What idea, guys?" I ask them.
"I know!" Nayeon exclaims.
"Oh c'mon, why are you faster than me?" Her girlfriend complains.
"Shut up, I have a really good idea!" Nayeon grabs my hand. "You're dating, Sofie, right?"
"No way....." Jeongyeon mumbles.
"How about we have a double date?" Nayeon suggests.
"Ah... Ngg.... " I really don't know how to answer that, "you mean.... Having dinner together, just four of us? Something like that?"
"I say we spend a day going somewhere far."
"We're busy, Bunbun!"
"Shut up!" Wait, 'Bunbun'??! Is that how Jeongyeon calls Nayeon now? Gosh, so cute!
"What do you think, Annie?"
"Hmm.... I will ask Sofie then. I'd love to do this, must be fun!" I say, "I owe you, anyway."
"Ohhh Sofie will definitely agree haha!"
"Hahaha...."
"Ohhh.... There are so many things I want to ask you about her," Nayeon says while hugging herself.
"About Sofie?" I ask.
"About both of you."
"Let's save those questions for the day," Jeongyeon suggests.
"Waee?!"
"I also have many things to ask about both of you. Hehe...." I say.

After a while, I had to leave their room. They are nice people but it's awkward for me to stay there as a third wheel. It's already late anyway. On my way to the bathroom, I meet Jihyo there alone. She smiles so widely as soon as she notices me.
"Where are you going?" She asks.
"I'm heading to the bathroom."
"Don't eat too much, Annie. Your little stomach can't handle it," She jokes.
"I just want to take a pee...."
"Hehe kidding.... Eat as much as you want. Enjoy your life."
"Ahahaa...... What are you doing here?"
"I.... Have nothing to do, actually. I'm bored." After that, she just follows me to the bathroom.

"Done?" She asks as soon as I come out. Apparently, she's still waiting.
"Yeah....."
"Umm..... Have you decided what do you wanna do with your wish?" She asks hesitantly.
"Ah, right! Hahaha~ Almost forget that. Where's my Charlotte? I need to discuss something really bad for you haha...."
"Ngg.. She's sleeping now."
"I see... Well, so is Sofie. Maybe. I shouldn't wake her up hmm...."
"Are you sleepy, Annie?" Jihyo asks.
"Not really, to be honest. You?"
"I can't sleep. I took a long nap today," She says.
"Me too!"

Without realizing, we've already arrived in the living room. It's so quiet here if both of us aren't talking. No one is here. I sit on one side of the couch and she sits on the other side, not so far, but enough to see each other's faces.
"So... How's life?" She asks.
"I don't know. I'm fine...."
"Are you?"
"Actually, there are so many things happen these few days. I feel so overwhelmed!" 
"Tell me about it......"
Then I suddenly start to tell her about this unexplained gap between Tzuyu, Mina and me. Then I tell her about Momo and how she found out my embarrassing secret. I tell her about how helpful Nayeon and Jeongyeon were by solving my problem, they also asked me to a double date. I tell Jihyo how Jeongyeon called Nayeon by 'Bunbun' and it was so cute. Lastly, I tell her about how intense my date with Sunshine..... I mean, Sana, was. I tell her about how much she takes care of me. I feel great about it. I tell her how strange my feelings are for her. It slowly turned into obsessions. The love grows! I tell her about the kiss. About the bite. I tell her everything.......
I feel relieved that finally, I can share all of this with someone. I believe our leader to hear my stories. No, I mean 'our Jihyo'. My Jihyo. She has been a great friend to me and it's really great to have her here now.....

At one moment, she asks, "It's like a palette, isn't it?"
"Why?"
She clears , "Palette. There are so many colors on it but yet we don't know what to use for your drawing. Just like what you said, so many things happen at once. So many colors and, yet, you're just a little white palette: You don't know what color to choose. But you know what, whatever you're going to pick, I believe it will be a beautiful painting. Whatever your decision will be, you'll do fine. I believe those colors will turn into a beautiful future for you. You understand what I'm trying to say, right?" I nod. Jihyo moves beside me,  "so, don't worry, okay?"
I look at her bright eyes, smiling along.
"Thank you...." I hug her. I'm so happy to feel the warmth of her body. I rest my head on her shoulders for a long minute. I can feel that she does the same. She rubs my back that makes me feel even better.
After I release my hug, I notice that she feels a little bit uneasy. It's funny that she's still awkward with me even after we have done 'more than a hug'. I realize that so many things have changed since then. Not just about Jihyo, but also between me and the other members. I guess the blank canvas is starting to get some colors. I wonder what kind of painting it will become.

"Palette your ," I hear her mumbling.
"What is it?"
She raises her head and frowns at me. "You've told your story. It's my turn now. Can you help me understand this?" Jihyo takes my hand and puts it on her chest, above her left . "Can you feel this? Do you feel it?
I look back at her eyes. Slowly, I start sensing her heart racing. It's so fast! It's not your normal heartbeat.
"Dina...."
"I also have a wish...... Ohh it!" In a split of second, she catches my face and leans in. Our lips meet roughly, it's like she doesn't want to let me go. She pushes until she's on me. She starts to open and exploring mine. I don't know what to do. 

I close my eyes.....

She ends it with small pants.
"I'm sorry, I...." She can't continue her sentence. She can't explain what's on her mind only by words, I can understand that. We're exchanging looks and I know she feels guilty. She's waiting for my response. Afraid that I might be mad, or maybe excited. She's looking for that answer in my gaze. She needs a validation of her irresponsible action.
"Alright...." I start to speak.
"......"
"But you have to remember........." I utter. My hand climbs her nape gently, pulling her in. While holding her wide smile, she follows along.

 

.....you owe me two wishes now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



((a/n)) Aww... Where's Dahyun? She's barely mentioned here :')

Ah, by the way, my laptop is broken (can't be fixed) and my sister (and her laptop that I'm using right now) is going to leave in a few days. That means I don't know when I can update the story later. Well... Just wanna let you guys know. I haven't come up with a solution ^^"