Scar on Her Wrist

10th Member

Tzuyu knocks on my door, "Unnie?"
"Come in, Tzuyu-ya," I tell her.
"Oh, you're alone," she says after seeing Sana's empty bed, "Are you calling me?"
"Yes, Please, sit right to me here," I pat the empty spot on my bed.
Tzuyu sits, "What's happening?"
"Nothing, I just need someone to talk to."
"Well, I'm here for you," she says.
"Aww, so sweet of you."
"Nah, I'm not."
"By the way, I have a story to tell you," I say.
"Ohh, what is it?"
"So... umm... I had a date with someone," I say.
"Oh, who is it, Unnie?" Tzuyu asks.
"She's older than me by 2 years. You probably know her, she's a former idol anyway," I say.
"Mhm?"
I grab Tzuyu's hand, "Her name is Kwon Mina..."

***

I met her in a TV studio. Kwon Mina was just filming a drama. I was sitting in the hallway and suddenly she sat right beside me.
"Are you Kwon Mina sunbaenim?" I remembered how I started the conversation.
"Yes!" she answered me and smiled.
She didn't recognize me at first, so I introduce myself, "Nice to meet you. I'm Ahn Haeju from Twice," I said.
"Aah, Jyp!"
"Yes, sunbae."
Then she shook my hand. Her skin was so smooth, I still remembered, "Nice to meet you too, Haeju-ssi," she said.

Luckily, both of us were having a long empty schedule at that moment, so we could talk more. At that time, we discovered a lot about each other. It felt like talking to an old friend. I thought she was also comfortable with me because she started to vent her feelings about how tiring her drama and her life recently. I liked it when someone was opening up to me. In fact, I loved it.

Our discussion was so fun that we changed each other phone numbers. Then she left me because she needed to continue filming the drama. I was left with awe. It felt like meeting my soulmate, not gonna lie.

***

After that, we texted each other a lot. We got to know each other... Telling each other's pasts... Vented to each other... Had some deep conversations. We even had some phone calls several times. I really enjoyed it.
One day, she asked me to meet again.
"Should we meet in a cafe?" she asked me.
"I have a better idea. How about we meet in a city park?" I said excitedly.

Then, there we were. We met in the nearest park to each other's stay. We both were wearing masks so people will not recognize us, but I could see how beautiful she was.
That day, I was so happy because she told me not to call her sunbae, "Just call me Mina," she said.

We were... Just walking around the park... While having some conversations.
I didn't wanna bring up some sensitive issues that day, so we talked about casual things like asking 'how are you'... what were our favorite ice cream... what songs we heard lately, etc. It was fun because Mina talked a lot and very opened. She always had something to say.

Then we sit on the grass, looking at the Hangang River. I was enjoying listening to her stories. I also could say and tell whatever I thought and felt whenever I wanted it, which made me feel more comfortable. Also, she was so pretty. I enjoyed this date even more.

The sun was setting down. We really enjoyed our time until we forgot about the time. We looked at the sunset without saying anything. I held her hand. I could feel a scar on her wrist.
No! She was letting me touched it!
We were this close already. That made me want to say what had been in my heart all this time.

"Mina?"
"Yes, Haeju?" she answered. We looked at each other.
I took my time before I continued speaking, "So... I wanna tell you something."
"Sure, what is it?" she answered so easily. It made me more nervous.
"Ahh... I'm not good at this but... I- I like you, Mina!" I look at her eyes, checking her reactions, "May I date you? I- I mean... I think we have this something between us and... Honestly... I don't wanna regret not saying it," I turn my body so that it was facing her, "I like you," I say nervously.

"Mm... May I date you?"

I thought she was kinda startled because suddenly she let go of my hand. She was thinking for a while, her head was hanging. I was waiting for her response.

Mina then turned her head facing me. She nodded. 

I was so confused, at first. I wasn't sure about what she just did, so I was just staring blankly.

"Yes, Haeju, let's date. Heehee," she giggled. She grabbed my hand. I... I was so happy at that moment. I didn't know what to say.
"Th... Thank you?" I said.
"No problem," she answered.

We looked again at the sunset across the river. It was getting lower now. The sky was orange. It was so... Romantic.

"Haeju...I have an idea," she said comfortably.
"Yes?" I said. My heart was beating so fast I didn't know why.
"Umm... Can we open our masks for a while?" she asked.
"Sure... Uhh, no problem, I guess. Nobody's near anyway," I said. Then I took off my mask. She did the same thing.

Suddenly, Mina came closer to me. She circled her arm on mine. We looked at each other. I saw her beautiful face close up.
"Haeju?"
"Yes?"
"Thank you."
"..."
"I love you," she said before her head leans toward me. She carefully went forward and closing her eyes. Our faces were getting nearer and nearer and... Our lips touched each other. I closed my eyes. 

We kissed.

The sun was getting really low. She used a taxi to go home, so did I. It was such a beautiful day.
The conversation... The sunset... The confession... The kiss...
The scar on her wrist.......

 

"I will remember all those feelings forever," I say to Tzuyu.