Movie Night

10th Member

(a/n) Today's characters are:

- Toes as Mina
- Yoyo as Tzuyu (thank you for requesting this story!)
- Kalchi as Momo
- Chaee as Chaeyoung
Haeju as the 10th member of Twice
- Guest star: Nikki as Jeongyeon

Story: Tomorrow on a Saturday night, Twice has no schedule. Haeju knows that Tzuyu and Momo really want to watch their favorite movie with Mina's LCD projector in the latter's room, but both of them have very different preferences. In the end, who will Haeju support? Which movie will be chosen on the movie night?


 

Mina's room is like a war zone right now.

We are confused to see Tzuyu and Momo fighting in front of us.
"Why do you want to watch an episode of K-drama? No one ever even watched anyway!"' Tzuyu yells.
"It's good!!! Besides, it's better than 'Age of Ultron'. We've watched it a couple of times already," Momo answers.
"This movie is a masterpiece! Stupid Granny..." Tzuyu mumbles.
"I'm- What?!" Momo answers.
"You're old. And has no taste," Tzuyu says.
"No, you!"
"You!"

I'm so done.
I stand up and yell at them both, "SHUT THE UP!!! BOTH OF YOU!" I accidentally swearing. Well, don't blame me. When I'm on my period, sometimes I can't control my mouth.
"Haeju, it's okay..." Mina tells me.
"NO! Stop making Mina confused, both of you! You (I stare at Momo) no one wants to watch your stupid drama! Tzuyu! (I turn my head to her) We're tired of your addiction to Avengers. Move on already!" I say.

Two of them don't say anything. Their heads are hanged down. Looking at the floor. 

"Mine is a good drama tho..." Momo whispers innocently.
". THAT," I say, "You're making a mess in Mina's room. Now get out before I slap you both in the face," I say.

Momo and Tzuyu get out of the room.
Mina gets up and holds my shoulders, give me a little massage. "Calm down... It's okay..."
"But-"
"Let's just sit down first," Mina cuts me. I listen to her and then sit side by side on her bed.

There's a silence in the room for a moment.

Mina takes out 2 DVDs. One is Tzuyu's DVD and one is from Momo.
"I still don't know what to play," she says, "We definitely can't watch two of them in one night..."
I sigh. I look at those DVDs. I really don't know what to say because- I keep remembering the promises I shouldn't make.

"Unnie, please help me... Mina has the best projector in her room. It will be perfect to watch my love, Wanda, the Scarlet Witch, on that screen," I remember Tzuyu secretly said to me.

"Ju... I will do anything if you've managed to convince Mina to watch this drama in her room. I think the last episode will be great. I'm so curious about it," Momo also personally said to me another time.

Both of them asking for my help because they know, I'm so close with Mina lately. 

"Can't you just choose one of them?" I ask Mina helplessly.
Mina is so nice, "I really don't want to disappoint any of them," she says.
"We still can play the other movie next time, right?" I ask.
"No, it will still hurt one of them, Haeju," she says, "Promise me, don't make them ever feel bad again just like what you just did today."
"Okay..." I say without looking at her face.

As her friend, I really REALLY want to help this pretty girl with a kind-hearted soul.
But, please, what can I do?

***

After telling Mina to take her time to think, I come back to my room. When I arrive in my room, I see Chaeyoung is standing right beside the door.
"Chaeyoung!" I call her excitingly.
"Haeju!"
"Oh my God, good you're here! I need help," I tell her.
"What is it?" she asks.
"Let's come in! I will tell it inside," I say. 

Chaeyoung is the best person to listen to your problem. I really like her. But, this particular problem, is... Kinda strange.
"Are you okay, Haeju?" she asks.
"I'm... I'm fine, I'm fine. I have a problem but it's... Weird," I tell her.
"What is it?"
"Mm..." I'm shaking my legs. Hesitate to speak.
"Let it out," she insists.

Then, I tell Chaeyoung about the current situation about Mina's movie night.
"I really wanna heeeelp~ But- It feels like there's nothing I can do! Ottokkkeeeee???" I say while looking at her face, hoping that she knows the answer.
"Calm down, Ju. You shouldn't feel guilty about it," Chaeyoung says, "Being on Mina's side is already helpful for her. Also, you're smart and wise, I know you can find the best solution for this problem," she says.
"You think I'm... Wise?" I ask.
"Yes, you are. Especially, as the oldest member of Twice," she says, "So, calm down, okay?"
"I see..." I say.

I think Chaeyoung is right. After all this time being the 10th member, I have faced so many problems that I have with the members. And I've dealt with them all. I should've been proud of myself.

"The movie night is coming. But I know I will sort it out somehow," I mutter.
"Umm, speaking of a movie, actually...... I'm here because there's something I wanna tell you," she says.
"Oh, what is it?" I ask.
"So..." she takes her time to continue speaking, "I feel like I'm not that close with Mina lately. Not like it was used to be. So... I think. can you help me to get closer with her again?" she asks.
"Sure, what can I do to help?"
"This idea... This might be the solution for your problem," Chaeyoung takes out a DVD from her little bag.
I see the cover. It's about Criminal Documentary. 

Chaeyoung looks at me in the eyes and says slowly, "Haeju... I wanna watch this with Mina. Can you help me to convince Mina to play this movie on the movie night instead?"
I look at her big eyes and stunned.

Oh no...
I don't wanna disappoint another friend...

***

Tonight is the day!

I've decided to invite all the members to watch the movie together in Mina's room.
I've been brainstorming with Mina from night until the day. Just to find out which movie is the best to show tonight. I'm so nervous. We need to do this right.

"So, I will be the MC tonight!" I say. I'm standing in front of all the members, "Welcome! Welcome to Twice's night movie. Today we're gonna watch something special. We've prepared this for all of you, guys," I say.

They all sit crammed on the floor. Some of them are on the bed. They all look at me. As if they're excited to know what to watch tonight. I can't breathe!

"Alright!" I say, "Before we play the movie. We have some trailers to play. Are you guys excited???"
"Yesssss!" say all of them.
"Make some noiseee!"
"Whoooooooo~!"
I smile. "Okay, Mina. Play the trailers!"

The screen goes dark. Then we hear the opening song, a superhero theme. I see Tzuyu looks excited. "Oh my God... Oh my God..." she utters. Then we see Elizabeth Olsen, Tzuyu's favorite actress, on the screen. She smiles so widely. We're playing a fan-made edit about Wanda Maximoff. Everyone is amazed. "Yeaaaaa Wandaaaaaa...!" Tzuyu screams.

Then the video ends. It's suddenly changed to piano music. "Oh!" Momo mutters as she recognizes the soundtrack. Yes, this time we're playing the trailer of the last episode of her favorite Kdrama. A sneak-peek to satisfy her curiousness about it. "Whoaa..." I can see Momo's mouth is formed that way. "I didn't know this trailer exists," she says.

Then, the final trailer comes. The music sounds intense. Comes a white person in a suit, talking seriously to the camera. It's the trailer of the crime documentary. Chaeyoung, who sits beside Mina, whispers to her left ear. I'm guessing she's telling Mina how she loves this documentary.

The video ends. Everyone claps as they're so excited.

"So, what are we gonna watch, Unnie?" Tzuyu asks me.
Oh no... I can feel my heart is beating hearing that question.
"Yeah, we're gonna play my drama, right?" Momo says, makes me even more nervous.
"Not your stupid drama!" Tzuyu cuts, "My movie is better."
"I'm tired with you simping Wanda Olsen," Momo says.
"It's LIZZIE OLSEN, you stupid Grandma!"
I don't know why these two are sitting beside each other if, in the end, all they do is fighting each other.
"Your mental age is a grandma," Momo says.
"ass," Tzuyu mumbles.
"Shhhhttttt!" Jeongyeon says, followed by all the other members. Tzuyu and Momo are quiet. Finally.
It's like everyone is helping me out. I feel so relieved. It's good that I invite all of them tonight.
"You're not gonna disappointed with what we are gonna watching tonight. Trust me," I tell them nicely.

"A- Anyway... Now for the highlight!" I try to be powerful, "We're gonna watch a show that we are all gonna love. Are you guys excited???" I ask them.
"Yeeeessssss!" answers all of them. They all look at me with full of hope.

Alright, finger crossed!

"Without further ado, Mina, let's play it!"
Mina, as the operator, presses the play button.
This is it, Haeju, this is it.

'I'm Gonna Be A Star' song is heard from the speaker. Then faces that they all know are shown on the screen. "Whoaaa...." they all say it almost together.
We're watching the last 2 episodes of Sixteen. The variety show from JYPe that formed Twice.

***

The show ends.

Everyone claps their hands. "Whooooooo!!!" someone screams. They all look satisfied.

We can see that everyone is crying, including Tzuyu, Momo, and Chaeyoung. I can see Tzuyu's face is full of tears. So is Momo's. I see Chaeyoung is hugging Mina's arm. Both of them are crying together.

"Minaaaa, thank you for playing Sixteen! This is so touching," Jeongyeon says.
"Oh my God, I'm crying."
"Me too!"
"Yeah... Me too!"
"I love it! Thanks for playing this Minaaa!"
"Thank you, Minaaaa!"

Everyone is complimenting Mina.
I see her. She smiles hearing all of the comments from all the satisfied members. Looking at Mina happy makes me happy. My job is finally done here.

I manage to keep my promises to everyone tonight.

"Thanks to Haeju for helping me choosing what to watch, guys," Mina announces.
"Thank you Haejuuuuuuuuuu...! Thank you....." everyone says. 
"You're welcome hehe," I say.
"O- But Haeju is not even in the show!" Jeongyeon looks at me.
Hearing that suddenly makes me want to laugh. "Hahaha..." I chuckle. Tears fall on my cheeks.
"Are you okay, Haeju?" she asks.

" that!" I smile.