THE END? [Part 1]

10th Member

My ears are ringing. I'm flashed out after opening my eyes. I lay down, wearing an unfamiliar gown. There's something hanging on my arm. An infused pipe. Again? I get angry with myself. I don't know why I'm such a weak girl. But after I skip all the cheesy part of people asking if I'm fine, they start telling me the news that I want a hear the least.

"Twice is....... Missing?" I mumble it out as soon as I hear it. Hopelessly, I look at Haneul my brother, who is sitting on the right side of me. On the left there is Mr. Rajesh Chakra, Twice's new manager, the one who tells me that news. 

"Calm down! Everything's gonna be okay," he calms me down with his Indian accent. I just realized I almost pull out the infuse bag. I guess he is shocked to see that. So am I. "JYPe staffs and the polices are looking for them now. The most important thing is now you're safe here with us. Please don't make it worse," he tells me. Well, I guess he is right. I shouldn't be an additional burden for them..... 

Haneul holds my hand. "Don't worry, Noona. Everything's gonna be alright." I look at them smiling after a long time. It's been a while since I've met this guy. He's busy pursuing his dream. Now that our parents have gone, he becomes so much more mature and responsible. Now that our parents have gone, he is the only family member I have in this city. Just him.

"Come here...." I say before giving him a hug. I miss him so much!  His warmness cools down my mind. Vice versa, I hope. Many things suddenly happen just after I wake up. I hold my forehead as it feels so heavy. Maybe, even my brain still can't believe that my beloved friends are missing. 

What is going on here? 

***

I've been told to stay in the dorm so they can watch me. 

Raj Oppa, that's how I call him, is given a duty to be my guardian for a while. All the managers are off-dutied except him. He stays in our dorm to make sure I'm safe. Jype worries that the kidnapper will come back for me. Unfortunately, that makes me separated with Haneul since his place is too far from here. He is too busy with her works to come and go seeing me. Actually, I've told them that my little brother can take care of me but they rejected my idea. "It's for the best of you. For all of us."

 

Sometimes I want to escape this dorm and start to find Twice by myself. I know it's dumb to play detective alone. I just cannot stay like this. But sometimes, another wish crosses my mind. I hope the kidnapper comes and takes me. People start speculating why I'm left out, why they don't take me. I've read so many comments about it.

'Maybe the kidnappers don't even know Haeju'

'Haeju is not the part of Twice, that's why'

'She is not that precious to be taken. No one cares about her anyway'

'She is not the one who kidnaps Twice so she can shine alone right?"

"I hope Twice is fine.... Haeju should be grateful that she's not as famous as the other members'

The facts that our car was hijacked and the members were taken by some unknown people are dreadful. It's one thing. But I'm left out? I know I shall not take netizen's comments seriously but they make some good points. What else can be the reason that I'm here?

 

'Knock knock' 

I open my room's door and find Raj Oppa behind it. He asks me to come to the living room as he has something to tell me. I feel like it's something serious. "Have they found the members?" is the only thing that crosses my mind.

"No...... Haeju, I'm here to tell you that Park Jinyoung PD decides to cancel all of Twice's schedules. Even the media interviews. You will be free until the undecided time....

....But you still cannot leave the dorm just yet without a protection. Is that okay for you?"

"So all the photoshoots, fan-meetings, TV appearances, performances.....?"

"Yeah, all canceled," He says with a serious tone. "Haah..... This is so troublesome! Poor everyone," He tries to break the tension, "Unfortunately, everything is ruined because of this incident. You can understand what I mean, right?"

I look at the window in front of us. Hmm.... There's nothing worse than the canceled schedules. All the preparations that have been done by many people become meaningless. This is a sudden cancellation as well. The managers, people who hold the event, or even Onces who are waiting us must be overwhelmed by this. He's right. It's all ruined. "Oppa...."

"Yes?"

"Can I do something to fix it?" I ask him.

"I know what you're thinking. This is not your fault, Haeju."

"But I'm not--"

"It's not your responsibility to fix this. What can you do anyway? Perform Twice song as a solo singer? Doing an event for Once?" He asks me. That actually gives me an inspiration!

"Ohhh! Actually, I can do that. I know all the parts of our choreography. Within a week, we can modify them a little bit to make it performable as a solo. I can do solo to cover the schedule! I think.... Training the back dancers won't be so hard either. We just need to simplify the choreography for them and focus it to me. During that preparation, I can sing Twice's slow songs that don't require any choreo. What do you think, Oppa?! Is there any performance schedule this month?"

"There are always a performance schedule every week....."

"Great! Also, I can replace any member's place if they are invited to a TV show. We cannot cancel the fan-meetings as well."

"I think I can tell the staff to make that happens, but...." He grabs my arm. "Are you sure you wanna do this?" I look at his eyes, realizing that what I just said is not something to be taken easily.

".........."

"Despite what other people say, you don't have to do this, Haeju. You're not a failure. You're not the Twice's black hole. I know you're added as the 10th member to help Twice gets back to their spotlight but..... Don't be hard to yourself either. You have limits, Haeju."

I'm listening to him with a lowered head. I'm flustered. Not sure what to believe. "I need to be strong, Oppa......"

"What do you mean?"

"I.... I don't wanna be the spoiled girl who always needs to be taken care by the other members anymore. I can save Twice! I need to. It's always the purpose of me here. And this is the only thing I can do........." I look at him back. I'm the one who's speaking serious now. "You don't have to be worry about me. No one shouldn't. I'm not a weak girl.

 

......I got this!"

 

 

 

***

It has been a week.

There's no info about the other members yet. Anyway, as planned I do all Twice's schedules by myself. I'm glad JYPe allows me to do this. I knew it would be hard but I don't know that this is also super-exhausting! It's kinda chaotic because it's a spontaneous idea. I see everyone goes back and forward in front me everyday. Busy. Tired. Intense. Usually, with the member it's more calm because we all work as a team and support each other, including the staffs. The vibe was definitely better than this. Again, this is just so chaotic!

I'm glad that my vitamins can make me stay awake and keep standing. Of course, energy loss makes my mood becomes a little bit distracted but I still can handle it. What I can't control is how people look at me. Maybe this is just me, but the staffs keep giving me a scary stare. All of them. Also from the other singers. MCs. All. Even in a talk show, I can feel that they don't like me. I'm aware that some people might think that I shouldn't do this. I decide to just simply continue this. "Keep your promise, Haeju!" That's what Raj Oppa always says to encourage me.

Oppa is always there beside me, taking care of my needs. He's a new guy, but I'm glad he doesn't scare me. Usually new people do. Well, actually, Once starts to scare me. The last fan-meeting was so bad. I could tell that they were not satisfied with only just me. I was just glad that they still came, eventhough in the end I made it awkward. I couldn't entertain them enough. They were just so sad thinking about the other members. It was so messed up, I couldn't lighten up the mood. If the members come back later, that's the only story I don't wanna tell them. So embarassing!

If only I did better......

 

I get into my room and throw myself to the bed. I get time to sleep and I'm gonna use it well. I don't want to look exhausted next morning. As soon as I close my eyes, my phone rings. It's from Raj Oppa.

"What is it? Can I just--"

"The members have been found!

 

Hello? Haeju?

 

They found them! Hello, can you hear me?

 

Haeju, are you there?"

 

 

"REPEAT THAT AGAIN, OPPA!"

 

***

Raj Oppa picks me up immediately

I go straight visiting them (obviously) at the hospital where the members are brought. I really want to see them! You know what? Apparently, they've found our members on the side of the street. Nine of them. Thrown away in a dark alley until some pedestrians recognized them. Now the doctors are doing some examinations so I can't see them yet. ANYWAY, at least I feel relieved that I know they're still alive. Maybe mentally shock, but no serious injuries or anything. That's what I hear so far. I'm sad, but still really glad that they're fine...

But just like that tho! No demands from the kidnappers or anything. The JYPe staffs look so confused about this, so are the media and basically everyone. Including me. It creeps me out......

 

 

 

What is going on here?