You Should've Asked Me Sooner [THE FEELS Comeback Special - Part 2]

10th Member

I know there are some boys who've asked me out but I'm not interested in any of them. Especially because I prefer to go with a girl. But should I choose?

I look at the only quiet student in our class. The one who sits in front of the teacher's desk. The smartest girl in class: Myoui Mina.
She's not just smart, but I find her really pretty, to be honest. Should I talk to her? Isn't it easier to ask someone quite like her?

I leave my desk and go to hers. "Umm, Myoui Mina?"
She doesn't respond.
"Mi- Mina-ssi?" I tap her back.
She turns her head and looks at me. "Yes?"
"Do you have a minute? I wanna ask you something," I say.
"Oh, sure," she stands up and pulls an empty chair so I can sit beside her. Oh my God, she's so gentle! I feel so honored, "Is there you don't understand from today's lesson?" she asks.
"Oh no no no, I'm not asking about a lesson. But... Something else...." I say.
"What is it then?" she looks at me. Her face is kinda close to me. It makes me kinda panic. She's a much prettier close-up, oh no...
"Umm, I wonder if you want to go with me for the prom night," I ask her shyly.
"Ohh!" she's stunned.
"Heh, I know. It's weird, right? Maybe you don't even know who I am. Oh, how stupid I am! I'm Ahn Haeju. I know but I'm nobody but I've been admiring you from a long distance. Y- You're so pretty, Mina-ssi. Also, you're so smart and charismatic. You're just- I- I don't know what I'm saying I'm so sorry."
Mina puts her hand on my shoulder, "Thank you, Haeju. First of all, of course I know you. You're pretty too, Haeju. But second, I'm very sorry, but someone has asked me," she says.
I lift my head, "Oh, really?"
"Yes. Chaeyoung did," she says.
"Ah, I see... I understand, Mina. Umm, thank you for- I guess, thank you for being honest with me. I'm gonna go back to my desk now. Nice to talk to you tho," I say.
"Yes, Haeju..."
I stand up and return my chair. "Bye, Mina."
"You should've asked me sooner. I mean it," she says.
I look at her eyes. I think she's not lying, but I'm not sure. I see her meaningful gaze before I come back to my desk.