The Last of Tzuyu

10th Member

I really miss the old Haeju...


Read first: 'Chapter 115: Endgame' and 'Chapter 116: Civil War'


 

"I can't find my shooooes...!!! CAN SOMEBODY GET ME MY SHOES??!" Haeju shouts out to the whole room. Tzuyu, who's rehearsing her parts alone before the performance, shocked to hear that voice. 
"Sorry, Haeju-ssi!" their manager runs to her panicked while bringing the shoes, afraid to make Haeju angry, "Here it is," she passes that to Haeju.
"How can I focus on my performance if my wardrobe isn't ready like this?" Haeju grumbles.
"Sorry sorry-"
"-huh!" Haeju cuts her rudely. Tzuyu is watching all of that. Deep down she has a mixed feeling. She doesn't know how to stop that. She's out of options. Their performance is coming soon so she tries to calm herself down. But then, she hears Haeju yelling again to their manager because of something unimportant. Tzuyu's stunned. Her heart is boiling inside. The other members seem fine with it but she's not. She's not okay with it.

***

Closing the door, Tzuyu's listening to Sana who's sitting on the edge on the bed, "...that's all. I've told Juju and that was what she said to me," Sana looks at the maknae and gives her a bittersweet smile.
"SIgh... She's so rude, even to you. Can we do anything, unnie?" Tzuyu sits down right beside Sana.
"I'm afraid not, dear," she holds Tzuyu's hand gently.
"Isn't it too much tho? We know this is not the Haeju that we used to deal with. There's something wrong with her and I don't know what. She doesn't tell anyone about it! As far as I know, everything goes fine in her life!" Tzuyu speaks in rage, trying to convince her unnie what she believes.
"Yeah, she's changed..." says Sana calmly.
"She is! And....... Wait, what?"
"She is CHANGED! Haeju is just changed. And I think it's fine because it's normal when people change. Nobody can stay the same, right?"
No words are spoken from Tzuyu. She doesn't think that far. It's not something that she ever expected from Haeju, actually,  "She's changed?" Tzuyu's confirming what she just heard.
"Yes and that's fine..."
"But she's MEAN now?!"
"Is she tho?" Sana smirks, "Are you sure that's the only things from Juju that you notice?"
Tzuyu can't answer that. She's realizing... Recalling... Naming all the things that actually changed from Haeju.
"Aren't we a bad friend when we can't let somebody change as they want?" Sana asks again. Tzuyu looks at her in the eyes.

Straight in the eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you remember the first time Haeju show us her fan fiction?" Tzuyu asks Sana while standing up, "Supranatural Coincidence. That's the title of it. The story about Sana, a girl who's excited with prophecy and Tzuyu, a random fortune teller that she met on the street.

The fanfic was fun! It was so interesting that every member was expecting every chapter of the story. Haeju unnie was also excited to write it. She was so happy about it. We all were. It was a happy time as I recalled," Tzuyu says in a serious tone, holding her own hand behind her back while staring outside the window, "I'm so happy that, finally, I get a new notebook! unnie said while shaking my hands excitingly in the cafe. I remember it correctly the first time she opened a blank page there and started writing. She was so happy about it! And after a few chapters, she got more excited to continue the story as she knew people reading them.
Remember when unnie started to talk about astrology? Once she told everything I needed to know for being a Gemini. She knew everybody's sign, even deeper than that. Nobody really understood what she talked about but we played along because unnie was so happy to talk about it... She kept bringing the topics every day, from months to months. It was so boring, Unnie, haha! I knew when everybody had given up with that but not Haeju unnie. She enjoyed it. She was exciting. She was... Happy.

We all were.

We all were, for her.

But then things went wrong when she had an internal conflict with herself, I think. Everybody lost interest in her favorite subject. Haeju unnie started to sound annoying. And then slowly she stopped talking about it. She stopped talking about anything else. Then she had a fight with Ahn Lena and I heard she broke up with Chaeyoung. She isolated herself from us. NO. We weren't there for her! We left. We left her alone. Disappointed by her attitude...

Don't I remember it incorrectly, Sana unnie? Do I?!"

Sana's expression is already changed. There's a sudden lock keeps shut right now, "Oh no... Why does she think like that?" Sana asks herself.
"Answer me, Sana unnie. Aren't I right?" Tzuyu stands up, folds her arms in front of her chest and asks Sana again in a colder way, they stare at each other intensely. 
"I don't know what you're talking about~," Sana says with her innocent face, "Haeju always love Twice and we always love her, Tzuyu. What do you mean?" she stares at Tzuyu's back. 

 

 

"NO! I remember it differently," Sana believes.

 

 

"Different how???" Tzuyu asks in a high tone as if she can telepath with Sana, "Ehh??" the latter is surprised for a while but she ignores the odd coincidence and tries to focus on what she's going to tell.
Sana takes a breath and says, "Yes, you're right, Tzuyu. Everything went wrong for Juju at some moments but that wasn't how it ended. As far as I know, Haeju and Lena unnie are good friends now. They made up and both have forgiven each other -I know Juju is closer to you than me, so she might have told you more about her feelings- But I know someone when she was mad! I know Juju and I'm certain she's fine with Lena.
Also, Chaeyoung told me that Juju decided to throw away her magic stuff, like... You know... Her tarot cards, book, wand, amulet, or stuff like that. She threw them all away in the ocean. Chaeyoung and Haeju broke up and there were no hard feelings between them. Chaeyoung did cry in front of me and Mina tho but she only said the good things about Haeju. So I thought they were both fine.

But REGARDLESS of what has happened...

Haeju is fine, Tzuyu," Sana gets up, putting her hands on Tzuyu's shoulder, "I know she's a little bit y for the last few weeks but I think she's fine. I think... You're a nice girl, dear. I understand why you worry about her too much. You always do tho, since the beginning. I know you're always by her side. That's because you're kind," she says.
Tzuyu tries to understand what Sana is trying to tell her and suddenly she realizes something, "Aaah...."
"Ehh?"
Tzuyu lifts her head and smiles, "You're genius, unnie!" Sana is confused to hear that, Tzuyu puts Sana's hands down and takes her phone excitedly, "You're right, Unnie, you're right!"
"Am... Am I?" Sana asks, still confused why her dongsaeng so happy out of nowhere.
Tzuyu opens the door hurriedly, going to leave, but before that, she says, "I used to ALWAYS by her side. That's the problem, unnie. You're genius!" she leaves Sana in confusion but then the latter is happy anyway. The maknae seems like figuring out something.

"Where's Haeju unnie?" she asks Momo who's in the living room.
"Haeju? Uhh... Ah, I saw her going to the bathroom before," Momo answers slowly. Tzuyu's subconsciously tapping her right foot quickly.
"-Must be taking a shower. Thanks, Unnie!" Tzuyu says excitingly before hurriedly running to the bathroom.

After a few minutes of waiting, the door is opened. Haeju gets out of the bathroom only with a towel covering her body. Tzuyu jumps and hugs Haeju immediately, "I miss you, Unnie!" she says.
"Tzuyu?!" Haeju is so surprised she doesn't know what to say.
"Unnieeeee....!!! I miss you, I don't want you to leaaaave~!" Tzuyu tells her again.
"I... I'm not leaving, Tzuyu. Did you just read a false rumor...?"
Tzuyu releases her hug and sees the face of her favorite unnie, "I've been in a hard time, unnie..."
"Aww, what happens?"
"Nothing... I just worried because you seem changed these days and I'm afraid," she confesses.
"Aah... I see," Haeju is startled to hear that, she's quiet for few seconds. 

 

"Sorry, Tzuyu-ya," she says.

 

"No no, it's fine!" Tzuyu says, "Sana unnie told me that it's fine when people change. It's something inevitable. I was just afraid some people would leave you because they preferred to the old you. But that's just me underestimating you, isn't it? Hehe..." Tzuyu giggles.
Haeju listens to her maknae, sensing a huge worry that Tzuyu having for herself, it's so touching that almost makes her cries but, "Wait, did Sana use the word 'inevitable'???"
"Umm... Nah! But she did use the word 'y' to describe you."
"Hahahahaha!" Haeju's sadness turns into a laugh, Tzuyu's heart flutters to see that, it's been a while for her to see Haeju looks so happy like that. "It's really been a while..."

"There are so many things I wanna talk with you, unnie..." Tzuyu speaks softly.
Haeju takes her hand and leads her to the room while her other hand trying to hold her towel, "Come come... Let's talk about it!"
"Hehe yeah~"
Haeju and Tzuyu walk together to a room like they used to always do when they were still roommates. Sana's head pops out of the door, peeking at them from afar. Lowkey she wants to join but she knows both of need their time alone. She's happy to finally see the youngest and the oldest member back together again, "This is not the first time Tzuyu is so worried to lose you, Ju..." Sana whispers.

Tzuyu grabs unnie's arm, hugging it with a contented heart, "...but I hope this will be the last one!"

[THE END]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



(a/n) I think we can officially end Supranatural Coincidence season here. It's been a long journey. So many things have happened. The roller-coaster emotions got me. Now let's end it with the happy ending you guys deserve. For people who have read season 4 from the beginning until at this point. I love you all and I always do. But for now... 

See you~
<3