Dubuu~ ['Feel Special' comeback special]

10th Member

Dahyun!!!

"...Dahyun!" I called her. I wasn't sure why I whispered that night. There were just two of us behind the pillars. The other members were somewhere around the hotel. Dahyun turned her head and looked at me. She had big eyes, a really clear white skin, and her face, in general, looked like a little kid. Her blonde hair that recently straightened looked so beautiful, "I was born May 22nd too, you know..!" I started the conversation told her
"Really?!" she seemed excited. I knew Dahyun was a friendly person and I was expecting she responded to me well.
"Yeah, I'm a 'Gemini' (I pronounced it as 'Jemini') too!"
"Gemini (she pronounced it as 'Gemini' with the hard 'G')."
"Yes, 95. 22," I told her.
"Ah if only it was 23," she said unclearly.
"I'm 22! May," I told her knowing that she was born in June, "Well, that made me older," I joked. I realize it now as I'm writing this that I'm definitely older than her because of the year. Not because of the month. I guess it's because I always see my friends equally as older like me.
"Right," she smiled.

I didn't remember what we really talked about after that but it was so fun. Kinda intense. It was the first time I talked with Dahyun. She was the rarest member that came across in my mind. It was always Tzuyu, Sana, Tzuyu, Sana, Tzuyu, and Sana. Always them. I was glad that Dahyun was so fun to talk with as I expected. She was so opened and easy-going. It was like a dream.

I was in the mood to speak English, so I did. To make it easier for her to understand, I used hand gestures to explain what I said words by words. I did it smoothly tho so she wouldn't be offended by that. I didn't see her as a stupid girl, of course. But it was usually Mina or Jihyo who had the best English.
She went along with that. Unexpectedly she spoke English really well! She could catch up with me. That made me feel more comfortable talked with her.

"Which member do you like, Dahyun?" I asked her in the middle of our conversation, "Which member do you like the most?"
"I like Sana," she said shyly.
"Oooohhh....."
"I like Sana, uhh..."
"Hmm yeah... (it was kinda obvious actually, I thought) I mean, just like her, right? Not as a crush or anything," I asked her again.
"I like Sana," she answered shortly, again.

You know that feeling when you look at Dahyun? Suddenly, feel energized just by her presence. She's full of expression and energy. It's not draining with her. It's calming but energized. She does that with her constant smile.

But there's always something different with her smile when she's with Sana. I know Sana is clingy to her but Dahyun always seems comfortable with it. She likes it when Sana is around. She loves it. Her smile is different. The way Dahyun looks at Sana is different. I thought there was nothing there but I was wrong. That evening I managed to make her confess that feeling to me.

There was not much explanation after she said that. It reminded me of how I felt to Tzuyu. But when we decided to move on from our place and went to the open space, didn't need a long time until Sana came to Dahyun. I saw Sana's eyes. It was meaningful but Sana always looked at somebody as she was falling in love with that person. Always. But Dahyun was different. It was that gaze that I thought earlier. Bright, warm, excited... Love?

"Dubu~" I heard how Sana called her, so different from me who was too formal with Dahyun. I decided to leave them both alone so I didn't disturb them. It felt awkward. Maybe that was why I rarely talked to Dahyun after all. I denied that Sana also liked her. She liked Dahyun the most among the members. Maybe I like Sana... But, nevermind, I went away to do my own business.

I decided to went to the supermarket around the hotel. I wore my jacket as it was already late and I went there alone. For a moment, I felt comfortable wandering around by myself. Looking at stuff at the store under a bright light. But, I really didn't know why Saida also came to the store! I tried to feel indifferent. I just had a fun conversation with Dahyun, so we must be friends by now, right? I tried to talk to her. "Dahyun~" I called her but she barely responded.
"Dubu~" Sana called her and they talked.
"Dahyun," I called her after Sana finished what she wanted to say. And after I said something, Sana called her again. It looked like a competition for a while and I was losing. I felt awkward but, at the same time, I knew I supposed to feel indifferent. Finally, I finished shopping and I went to the cashier. I couldn't win a battle that already won a long time ago.

"I miss Tzuyu... I miss the members..."

Eyes were warm. Voice was stuttered. I walked back alone to the hotel. It still felt special talking to Dahyun. That evening was something for me. It was always lovely to make a new friend, especially when you were feeling lonely. I was. Thank you, Da-

Dubu.
One day, I wanna call you like that too.