Hold Me Tight [TLT - Part 3 END]

10th Member

((author's note)) Apparently, I'm afraid of height. I found that out a month ago in an amusement park. I thought I didn't have any phobia but I did phobia. But it was a good trip so I enjoyed it so much. I went to another city back there by a plane. I saw a really beautiful view of a sea, looking at small ships on an emerald-colored sea. Then the airplane went into the cloud that made me feel like I was flying as 'Peter Pan'. I was literally crying there. I repeat, I cried! I was so moved :') Now, I'm trying to retell those experiences here. That's being said, it's based on a true story. Enjoy~


 

I'm free-falling to the sky!!!!!

 

I don't know I'm this afraid of height, I thought nothing could scare me. I wanna close my eyes so tight but I also need to see what's going to hit me on the ground but that may be a bad idea. I don't know what to do!!! There's nothing I can do......

Suddenly, I see Tzuyu is already catching me up. She is flying beside me. "Hi, Unnie," she says comfortably.

"HELP ME, YOU PSYCHO!!!!!"

She chuckles. Tzuyu grabs my hand and with her superpower, suddenly we stop falling. I try to catch my breath. My heart is beating so fast. I'm shocked! So shocked............

"See? You're safe with me. Nothing to worry--"

I punch her shoulder so hard as I get so mad at her. "I hate you!" Burst into tears, I hug her so tight. "Please never do that again........"

"Crying again......." That is Tzuyu's last words before letting me be. For a really long time. She lets me calm myself. 

 

After getting back my sense, Tzuyu takes me up again to catch up Chaeyoung. I can enjoy flying this time. And that's fun! Three of us are playing around in the cloud. It's cold there. We become a wet a little bit too. We barely can see anything too but we keep flying freely. Running to the left and right, up and down. It's an ultimate freedom. We laugh so hard yet nothing can hear us. I'm having so much fun!

"What do you feel, Unnie?" Tzuyu asks me.

"Oh, I'm so happy!" I say.

"Can you be more specific? Usually you can express your feeling so well...."

It sounds like Tzuyu wants to hear more about my true feeling. "Hmm..... I never knew playing on a cloud is this fun! I didn't know that sky is so refreshing. I didn't know that Seoul is this beautiful to see from above. I thought I'd seen everything, Tzuyu. You know, as I turned as an adult, I thought happiness was over. Childhood has become just a memory. Life gets tough. People start to compete for theirself. But it's okay. I tried to accept reality and keep thinking that all of those things happen for a reason. I started to accept how bad reality was.

But up here, right now, I'm experiencing that excitement again. I feel so joy like a little kid. I thought I'd seen everything, Tzuyu, I thought I'd seen everything. Yet, life surprises me with this beautiful sky. I realize that I broke my hope too hurrily. There are still wonderful things that I can still explore, even as an adult. I feel like I gain my hope back. If there's still sky above me, I'm sure there will always be happiness waiting in the future. Right now. I'm so moved with what life lets me experience......"

I let my arms opened and feel the wind slapping my face. I open my eyes and stare at the ground, face the fear of falling and death. "It's not seldom I feel like I can't keep it all together. The urge of quitting. Quitting life. And as I faced my death, I thought that I've been running away this far. I've dodged the bullet from the war. I've crossed the landmine without blowing up along. I've survived! But..... Is life itself worth to continue? Or have I gone too far? My over-working heartbeat goes meaningless. I'm not scared anymore.....

.....The moment when you caught me, Tzuyu, makes me realize that there is still someone, or people, who still want me to live.....

Similiar when I first met Twice. I felt so accepted by you guys right when I had lost my trust in humanity. And now it turns to be my purpose to fight over my dead. It's the memory of compassion from the other members. By you too. Especially, by you...." I find her hands on my waist and hold them tighter. "I love you, Dear. I love you......" 

 

Tzuyu is listening to me so well. I can't see her face as she is holding me from above. I wonder why she is so quiet.....

"Unnie....."

"Yes?" What is it, dear? You wanna say 'I love you too', don't you? I try to guess.

"I just wanna say that it was so.......... Cringy."

"Damn it, Tzuyu!"

"Hahahaha!!!" She laughs so hard. Looks like she's so satisfied teasing me.

Huh, I should've predicted that. How can she play with my heart like this?

"It's okay. I guess I have this weird interest in a random talk," She mumbles.

"Huh?"

"I think this is the right time," She says, "Hold me tight!" Suddenly, Tzuyu makes a sharp turn.

"Whe.... Where are we going?"

"Just hold me tight...." She says the same thing. Tzuyu moves so fast. She flies in the weird directions.  Are we running away?

***

Tzuyu gets lower and finds a forest. We then stop in right in front of a small waterfall. She lands us carefully. "Where are we?" I say as soon as my foot touches the ground. "What are we doing here? Is it okay to leave Chaeyoung alone? And can Jihyo still watch us here?"

"Unnie!" she cuts me.

Immediately I turn around to face her. "Y... Yes...?" I'm startled. 

That gorgeous girl walks forward until we get so close. I look at her eyes deeply. My heart is fluttered. I think I know what she is going to do. I can feel that she loves me because so do I. I'm looking for that gaze, confirming what's going to happen next. This is the time, Tzuyu. Come to me.....

 

Tzuyu puts down my hand that has been touching her cheek, also the other hand that has been hanging around her waist unconsciously. "Is this what the other Unnie makes you?" she asks. She looks.... Angry.

"What...?"

"Do you think I'm bringing you here to kiss you? Do you think I'm going to do some dirty stuffs in the middle of a forest?" she talks again. "Wake up, Unnie. This is not you. Don't be trapped in only one perspective....."

"Huh...?"

"I know you love me. And, yes! Of course I love you too. But you don't have to be gay to express that. You're not, you told me that."

I start to realize what she's talking about. You're right, Tzuyu. I said that. I grab both of her hands. "But I love you.... And all the members!"

"Love, huh?" She smirks. "Let me teach you about it, Unnie....

 

....Look around!"

 

I turn my head away to see what I've missed. The breeze of the forest starts to embrace me when I look at those lush leaves. All green, grows from hundreds of small branches that's united into big strong trunks. Colorful colors accompany the roots of the trees that, with their strong, keep all this peaceful its created. Butterflies fly over, wandering around. Or maybe my eyes are wrong and those are fairies who are so happy that the flowers blossom today. Even the ground is so soft, covered with some grass, calling me to sit over them and just chill. The waterfall is still the loudest thing here but it's also the most soothing. Even meters from it I can still how fresh the water is. The pool it makes is so clear, the clearest I've seen for years. It's flowing calmly to the river that's going far away to find the new adventure. The sunshine is reflected on it, makes it even more pretty to enjoy. As I hear the bird sings in harmony, I realize that I'm still holding her warm hands. I look at her.

"This is beautiful........." I mumble.

"It has been a long time I want to show you this place. No members know this. Only you..."

"Really....?" I'm trying to get back to my sense. "Why.....?" I ask blankly.

She releases my hands. "Seriously?!"  

This beautiful place.... It must be so special for her if other members don't--........ Ah, I see....... Suddenly, tears come out from my eyes involuntarily. She chuckles to see that.

"Huh, typical Haeju...."

 

Tzuyu moves to my back. "Honestly, I hope we can be here longer but I don't want to make them worry. I hope you're satisfied enough. You've been staring at it for more than 10 minutes anyway. Haha...!"

"Did I....?" I can feel her arms are circling around my waist, ready to fly again.

"Are you ready?" she whispers into my eyes.

I giggle. "Yes~" I answer before we're launched to the sky. I wave to that little island we're leaving. The ocean is all we can see now. At last. I'm going home now with the girl that, realizing it today, I just can't leave.  

"Tzuyu!"

"Yes?"

 

 

 

 

 

Please hold me tight!