Chapter 1 : Meet our Agent Kim

The Heiress & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Seoul, 1996.


It was rainy night. The waters dropped heavily from the Seoul’s sky that night. A girl’s cry can be heard through the little house in the corner of the slum area. The cries were beaten by the shouts and thrown things.
“STOP THAT SEUNGHOON.. “ a woman shouted hoarsely. She tried to protect the crying little girl in her embrace.
The man continued his action. He hit the woman with his muscular hands unstoppably.
“YOU STUPID WOMAN.. GIVE ME THE MONEY, I NEED THAT NOW. WHERE DID YOU HIDE THAT?!” shouted the muscular man in scary tone. After he felt satisfied hitting the weak woman, the man walked to the old wooden cupboard’s direction near the old cracked bed. The man’s eyes were full of greed. He opened the cupboard and rummaged it. The worn-out clothes were throwing on the blackish floor messily.
“NO.. DON’T TAKE THAT. IT’S FOR TAEYEON’S SCHOOL FEE” shouted the woman in hoarse tone.
The heartless man named Seunghoon ignored the plea and left the woman and the little girl alone inside that messy house. The woman stood on her feet and grabbed the knife that laid on the floor. It was the man’s. The woman felt numb, with all her power she left the little girl and backstabbed the muscular man. In few seconds the man stopped breathing. The beaten woman attacked his heart. The woman felt weak on her knees, the crying girl was stopping her sobs and walked to the older woman’s direction. Then, the little girl hugged the woman’s waist.
Few minutes later, the woman took the knife and cleaned it with the worn-out rag. After finished it, the woman took money from the lifeless body. She took the thrown clothes and put them inside the old black travel bag. At the end, the kid and the woman stepped out from that slum area. The two headed out from Seoul and now arrived in Jeonju, the woman’s hometown.
“Listen Taeyeon-ah, now we will start our new life here. Forget those scary events in Seoul” said the woman softly to the 7 years old girl.
“Yes, eomma..” the girl replied the woman in weak voice.
The two headed to the church and knocked the door. Father Jang the priest opened the door and shocked.
“Chang sook…come inside first” the father allowed the woman and her daughter.
“Thank you father” replied the woman weakly.
After the two washed their body up, Changsook told Father Jang everything. She acknowledged her sin of killing the gambler, Choi Seunghoon. At the end, Chang sook decided to be a helper in the church. Doctor diagnosed her with Chronic Kidney Dise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter