The heart of a monster - Misery

The Randoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaejoong almost screamed when he opened his eyes. Why did he still alive? Just why?!

The pain was gone. He's not cold. But his heart, it's shattered. The almost dead experiences he had, it's really frustrating and he's tired. Tired of his life, tired of what so-called destiny, why did God or whatever it was let him go through all of this? Why him? Just why?

He scanned the room and almost laughed. He's back to the mansion again! Was this some kind of joke? Had he been a play toy to brighten up someone's dull life? Had this person been entertained enough? Why couldn't he just die? He had no more energy nor willing to continue it anymore. He's done!

So with all of tge anger and frustration he had, he got up and walked to the only place he knew he should go. That room. He nearly crashed himself onto the door, bragging in with determine eyes.

"Why?! Why did you do that?" He shouted to the mirror, or what he thought living behind it.

"Is it really fun for you playing with my life?! Is it pleasant for yo to see my dying?! If you wanna save me then do it properly, if won't, then just let me be or kill me already!!" He raged.

His body was shaking and his eyes were tearing. He had never felt like this before. It's the worst. But boy, he didn't know what he's dealing with, didn't even expect the harsh wind attacking him in a full blow that sent him down to the floor. He's shocked, he couldn't even form a word. For the first time, after the blow he made, all the anger was drained and fear was now taking over. He might not wanna live, but he didn't expect to be killed right at that instant in a cruel way. 

The dead calm situation in the room gave a really not good sign. Jaejoong tried to stand up despite the fact that he's still stricken. This is the first confrontation and the reaction received was totally a clear picture of what or who exactly had been there with him, he knew whatever it was, it's dangerous.

It was confirmed he'd been living with unlikely sadistic killer or might be a murderous monster. It had showed him its presence for real because sometimes Jaejoong just thought that it's just part of his imagination or he simply was dream. So the dark presence, that dark and tall intimidating black shadow was real? Or maybe that part was still unreal because honestly he didn't know anymore.

"What do you want from me?" He asked when he's able to stand up still.

"Tell me!! What do you want from me?! I.. I have given up to live! I had a little hope before, but I don't have it now. It's enough. I thought that maybe everything would be different, I have left them. I tried to start a new. But maybe I'm just fated to be like this, living a miserable life. I wonder what did I do to deserve this kind of life.." Jaejoong stared deep into the mirror.

"I had a little hope once I got here. I thought that I.." But he stopped himself for talking about his silly thought. He knew it then. He smiled bitterly.

"I was wrong. Just like how I thought everything would be better, it's wrong. Misfortune will always come to me and I've had enough. I don't wanna be a joke to this world anymore!" He spatted.

He's almost breathless when he'd done throwing up all of his anger. Moving fast, turning around to the door, he was about to walk out when his body suddenly froze. He couldn't move a single muscle. His hand held the doorknob, but that's it, he couldn't pull it open. A chilling wind was now filling the room, Jaejoong started shivering. It crawled onto his skin, more like sneaking between the fabric covering his body, mapping every inch of his body. When it moved around his neck, tightening its grasp closing Jaejoong's air tunnel, the man widened his eyes. It had also snaking around his other parts of body like a rope, tightening and moving around, like a snake trapping its prey. Jaejoong couldn't see anything, but he could feel it. He's about to get what he wanted, his death.

The strangled feeling was like milking all of his agony. Between the now darkening sight and breathless state he felt a relief feeling of letting go. It's so strange how he's struggling at first but then succumbed to the thought of nearing the end. Closing his eyes, he's waiting for the time when he would leave everything behind. No more running, no more pain, no more stressful life. He'd finally set free. Soon darkness was filling his sight once again...

 

"No!! No!!" Jaejoong screamed.

He's back again on that bed! Why? Why? He's about to jump out of the bed when he could sense it, another presence. His body went rigid. Darting his eyes around in silent, trying to adjust his eyes with the darkness. Had the day turned into night again? The moonlight went through the window looking like a bright block crossing the room and there, he finally spotted it, at the corner of the room where the big chair was. He could see again those haunting pair of red eyes. His heart started beating rapidly. For a moment there's nothing heard, Jaejoong was too scared to talk and the presence was so intimidating, it felt like a single move from it could easily kill him in instance.

"Who are you.." Finally Jaejoong asked in his almost whisper voice.

He moved slowly up, leaning to the headrest and taking the blanket with him. He clutched his fingers on it for dear life. It's still too dark to see the presence clearly, but he knew for sure that it's a man, a really tall man. His shoulder was wide and strong, he sat like a king.

"Why did you take me back here?" Jaejoong asked again.

There's nothing said but the stare Jaejoong sensed. It made him even more restless, his hands stated sweating. He closed his eyes, then it hit him. Didn't he tell him that if he's likely to be killed, then just killed him? If he's there now, did that mean he didn't wanna do it? He's spare his life? So he actually helped him? But Jaejoong couldn't let his guard down. There're plenty of deceiving, evil people. He met plenty of them, even those with angel faces! The presence in front of him gave a really bad aura, it's terrifying!

"I'm sorry.." he said, cause maybe, if he's spared to live then his anger was a mistake. He needed to apologize, bowing from the bed.

"I should have thanked you for saving me.. Thank you very much. If you want me to leave-" Jaejoong hadn't done with his words but the presence just vanished, leaving him puzzled.

Did it mean that he could stay? Was his apology accepted? Jaejoong was so busy in his mind, he stayed awake for so long. There were so many questions, possibilities, concerns, but in the end he thought that maybe, if he's still alive the next day, he'd consider it as his last chance to live. Feeling tired, he then fell asleep.

 

--

 

Opening his eyes, he realized that he's at a different place. He's not in the mansion, looking to his side, there's an opened window where he could see what's outside. That it's another day, but the trees were not so dense like he usually saw for the past days. Where was it? He tried to get up, but then the door was opened. There's a tall man, maybe they had the same age. He had never seen the other before.

"Hi." The other said.

"I'm Changmin. How should I call you?" He asked when Jaejoong didn't say anything.

"How..? Why am I here?" that's what Jaejoong said.

Changmin seemed to understand. He walked in and stay by the window, keeping a safe distance from Jaejoong just to make sure that Jaejoong won't feel pressured or afraid. Changmin was a practical man actually.

"My father always said that I need to stay here, Just like he did when he's still alive. He said that we're here for a purpose. I thought it's just a make up story, but it actually happened. He said that whoever person come out of the woo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter