Our Next

The Randoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tears are rolling down her face, she's trembling she cannot even stand up. What s happening? What on earth is happening?! She tries to grab her phone but once it's in her hands, she's trembling so much that it will slip away from her grasp. Now she knows why she's taken here at the first place, not even given any means to go back. She looks out to the dark space outside the window, not that far away from the man she's thinking, but she may not meet for quite some time ahead.

Just please, she begs, just don't make anything bad happens to him...

 

--

 

Changmin has been silent from the second he enters the practice room. Yunho has been ready for it honestly. He has heard it, the news. It feels like there's always something surprising him in this world, regardless how long it has taken him in it. It's so close, that close that it has even affected one of their company mates.  The link is so close and it may stir something from anyone no matter how silly it may be. The megascandal...

"I cannot reach her, hyung. God, I-"

"Take a breath, Changmin. It may be out of battery.."

Changmin shakes his head, "She's not home either. I've checked. It freaks me out, hyung."

Yunho rounds his hand on his maknae's shoulder. He can feel that he's shaking. He has been receiving so many calls since yesterday; his parents, friends, even our company, he's been summoned and stayed for almost an hour with the managers and the higher up. Yunho has been by his side to give him some support, yet some still make a decision he cannot understand. He knows exactly , the only one left with him, the one he's been watching closely, even felt like being obsessed with it for the early years. His maknae is a good man, but he cannot control people's minds and concern.

The huge news about one of his friend-in his liner, has been spreading like crazy and it has gone uncontroled pointing out anyone around him accusing even without any solid proof. 

"Ann? where are you?" he asked once his call's picked up

"You're not home.." he added.

Changmin throws himself leaning back to the wall. Yunho is still sitting by his side but then decides to move away so they can have a private talk together.

"How.. How can you even ask that? Don't you trust me? How long you've been knowing me? Do you think that I'll do something like that?!" Changmin nearly shouted.

Yunho stops on his track, turning back to see his brother holds his phone really hard in his hand with his equally hard face. He slams his phone to the floor and walks away, leaving Yunho who's still by the door. The man left inside walks over to take the phone laying on the floor. He dials the eralier number and once it's connected, he can hear the sobs.

It reminds him of the day he fought with Jaejoong with the same issue related to his other member. He almost had one yesterday honestly. The matter has been huge and it has made the company moved really fast to just protect everyone, even planning to make a better regulation regarding all the artists under its' wing..

"Ann.. It's Yunho.." he started carefully.

"I.. I know I should't have.. have asked that but it.. but I just.."

"I can understand. He's just been on edge for the whole day, we all are to be honest."

"I..  I have called Kyu too.."

"He's okay. Our company will deal with it carefully. I'll make sure of it."

"I wish that I can be there right now, but I.. I can't.."

"It's alright. I'll make sure that he's alright. Don't worry too much, and just trust him."

Yunho waits for an answer but she says nothing. "I'll call you again later. I have to go."

He ends up the call and starts to find Changmin. He's been searching everywhere but seems like he wants to be left alone. He keeps the phone with him and decides to leave too.

 

-

 

Changmin has been staying in his room for hours, he even asks Yunho to give him a break for today. He couldn't sleep last night, too many bad thoughts running in his head. He has even drink up almost a bottle of wine alone. Wasted, with his dizzy head and restless heart, feeling angry, sad, betrayed, worried, and scared.. Yes, he's been scared even for the thing he didn't do.. He was mad to his friend at first, but then again he also failed to prevent it. He knows how he cannot just control everything, specialy someone's life to go as he wants it to be, and it scares him so much right now.

A long call with his parents, the talk with the company, also the one he had with his fellow liner. He knows onward things will be complicated for one, and it will wary the others. It's unavoidable, but this is the worst that can happen. He's been expecting the words of consolence from her, not an accusion or interogation.. But she may also be scared. She muat be really shocked, and so are her parents.. God, how can he skip them! He needs to talk to them if it has been like this, he thinks. There're so many news being around about him, but this is the first time she acted like that. Even when he's the one freaked out before, for something that was really related to him, yet she showed no sign of being doubtful. But now..

God, if only she were here right now..

Changmin tries to find his phone but then he remembers that he left it in the practice room. Deciding that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter