Our promises, has it left as a daydream?

The Randoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Hae don’t be sad! Hyukie will always give Hae candies so Hae won't lack of sweets!"

A little pinky was shown in front of a slightly pouted boy sitting on the ground with red watery eyes. The eyes in flash focused on the finger in front of him then in a second a smile formed on his face even his eyes were still red.

"Promise?" he asked staring to the boy bending in front of him.

The said boy nodded, still with the gummy smile, waiting for the boy in front of him taking his pinky to seal their promise, their very first promise.

"Hae will also promise to be Hyukie's best friends, always!" by that their pinkies linked and the promise was sealed.

 

--

 

-Hae’s POV-

 

I’m wishing for a downpour. My eyes are hot and my breath is hard. I hope he doesn’t see my trembling hands. God, it’s really hard. Can I even step into this place? I see the big picture in a frame displayed not too far from the big opened-door. It’s really painful to see so I turn around to take a deep breath. Oh God, give me the power. But, damn it! It’s very hard. I feel suffocated, I don’t know how long I can bear it.

There, in the frame, I can see the man that I love, smiling happily beside a beautiful women wearing the same happy smile staring at him full with love.

I just can’t believe the man I love is married to someone else.

Lee Hyukjae is now married to a woman named Seohyun.

I can see that she’s beautiful with fair skin, long hair, bright eyes.. But why, Hyukjae? You’ve promised me that there’ll be no one else in your heart except for me and your family. You said that you’d love me only. Do you remember that? Stupidly, I still hold on to all your promises, all your sweet words. You’re not a type of man who doesn’t keep his words. You’re a great man. I love you, and pathetically, I still do even I have seen that picture.

I just can’t believe that now I’m stepping in to your wedding party..

 

No, Donghae, remember what your goal for today! I’m here to sue him, to ask for his promises to me. I need to know, I need to make sure of this! Something may force him to do this marriage. Maybe it’s his family’s willing. It could be anything. I.. I just need to know if he still loves me, just the way I’m still loving him to the deepest part of my heart..

Scanning the flowers arranged beautifully inside, all the happy chattering and smiles, this is what our party supposed to be. The couple should be you and me. Hyukjae, you even made a promise that we’d spend the rest of our time together. When we’re old, we’ll live in a little house far from the city. We’ll have a little garden, spending our time in front of our veranda watching the night sky with me laying beside you. Our saving is enough to buy a little house now. I’ve worked hard to fulfill our dream. I know you’re working hard too. We’ll goin to Paris to celebrate our anniversary, remember?

“Here’s come the bride!!”

All the head turn to a woman in white gown, she’s shining in happiness and there, right beside her, Hyukjae is holding her, guiding her through the crowd. My feet are unconsciously walking forward through the crowd. My eyes are set on him. He’s still dazzling as always with his signature smile. My heart thumps hard just by seeing him.

 

How long has it been? Seven years? I stare at him in silence, following his movement in pain, clutching my chest. After so many years, why should I meet you here?

Should I blame our fate? Our life? God?

I'm not planning to have that accident, Hyuk. I've struggling for years to stand up back and gain my family's trust so I can go and persue you back in Seoul. I never want to lose my father just at the same time your father got the promotion and you and your family went abroad leaving me no chance to even say goodbye to you. I've sent you emails since I couldn't make any phonecalls. Your neighbour had no clue where you're going. But I do believe in you and your promises. I believe that wherever you are, you're also struggling there and trying your best to keep your promise to me. It's beyond words. I live with that but now.. Ottoke?

Walking to the big vase filled with roses and lilies, I take my phone dialing a number I got just yesterday. I have a mental fight inside for like forever to call you or not. I can't even sleep last night. I was so happy that finally I could get a little about you but then all of the hope crashed and burnt at the next second.

I set my eyes to you again, seeing that you notice the call. Hyuk, do you still remember this number? Why didn't you try to call me? I keep this number just in case that you'll call me anytime. I can tell that you're surprised and hurriedly walking away from the crowd. I follow you silently, keeping to stand in a place where I can still see you but you can't see me. I wish I can stand in front of you, depending my love, but even now I need to lean to the wall behind me. I'm powerless my legs are giving up on me.

 

"Hello..?"

I close my eyes, hearing your voice that I've been missing so much. I can tell you're anxious.

"Hi.."

"Hae? Is this really you?"

I can feel your excitement, are you happy hearing me again? Do you still love me, Hyukjae? I hold my phone in my tight grip. How should I start this?

"It's me.. I-I miss you."

I can feel that my cheeks are wet now. Damn it! I wipe it harshly. I need to be strong. I turn again to watch you, biting your lips. Has it reminded you? Do you still remember a person named Donghae in your life, Hyukjae? The one you've spent your childhood with? Someone you've shared your first date? Your first kiss? Your first love?

"How are you, Hyuk?"

I put away the phone so that he won't hear my hard breath.

"I'm okay. How bout you?"

I can see you lean to the wall, staring up to the ceiling. Why life has to lead us threading this path, Hyukjae? You should be mine.

"I.. I wanna ask you something."

I can't keep this conversation long, I won't make it through to the end.

You start to play with your fingers showinh your uneasiness.

"Are we.. are we still even exist, Hyukjae? The love that we have.. Has it over?"

There, I've given you my ultimate question. My throat is choked, a big lump stay there and I need to swallow it hard. I can't even make myself brave enough to see you.

"I know it's been too long.." I chuckled bitterly.

"Life seemed to not be in our side. You left, my father passed away, I got an accident, we-we lost our contact.. Has it, has it really over?" I continued.

I don't realize that my voice has turned to be a whisper.

"You look handsome in that tux, Hyuk.. You're shining there. She-she's beautiful and I can tell that she's a wonderful person." I continued again.

"Hae, I-"

"I should know that it's just a puppy love.. What that we have, your promises.."

"Hae, I-I'm sorry."

And that simple words break everything. It's over. What other reason made him saying that sorry? I lean to the wall with more desperation. I think it's trully over now. My one and only love, should I let go? Can I let it go? But that will only means I have to let go of my life..

"I-I still believe them, all of the promises.."

"Hae-"

"I just need to forget it all, right Hyuk?" I bit my lips.

"Hae, I'm sorry.."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter