For you through the darkness

The Randoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaejoong never knew that his life would end up in the situation like this. When he's a kid, he's a really cheerful boy and sweet smile and laugh. He played just as hard as anyone else and he's fine. He had enough good grade at school. He could get into the university he wanted and graduated in time. He got a nice job after that and he had enough saving that he woshed he could use to have this dream he always wanted to have, a travel to visit all the beautiful places he'd been wanting to go.

He has a great life too; a family that always care for him-he's the only child so the love was poured all for him but sadly, an accident happened. He managed to be safed, but not his parents. Even his was reaching the lowest stage in his life at that time, he had his friends. It was happened when he's in the second year on his current job. His parents has left enough to support his life also with the insurance he recieved but nothing can replace their presences, that is the bitter truth of all. But he slowly got it through. Everything seemed to be perfect at first but one by one, things feel like goin down. The lost of his parents is one of them.

If you wanna know what's the next one? Actually he thought it would be the first-losing his parents was never in his count- is his love life. Apparently Jaejoong is someone who is finding hard to move on. He has set his eyes to one person, the one he knows for almost the whole of his life, way too early, and it's set ever since. The bad thing is he's too scared, too shy, too overthinking about this whole thing until he's into deep and too late to let it out. His loved one is taken. Therefore, it has to be kept inside, and never to be revealed. So far none can be a good contender to this special figure and Jaejoong is not the one who is too eager to look for someone new. Beside, he's busy enough and the lost of his parents has made things even slower.

The on-and-off headache he always feels is considered as the side effect of how unstabil his mind is. He has got some painkillers it looks like working pretty well. Thinkin that he has to see a doctor or a hospital for that gives him more headache and trauma that's why he prefers this painkillers. He just tries to live better, work harder, maybe the dream-travel will come much more earlier...

 

--

 

"This surgery can safe your life from the tumor, but the chance to safe your eye-sight is unfortunately small. If you want to, you can consider an option to have it in Germany. I can make the recomendation for you."

Jaejoong is mute for a minute. "And how about the chance for my eyes if I have it there? Please just tell me the truth.."

"I'm sorry, Jaejoong, the procedure will be basically the same. But they have more experience in cases like yours. But even if you decide to trust us, we will do our best to help you."

"But still, the chance for me to have my eye-sight is small?"

"The faster you do it, the better it'll be."

"Okay.. Thank you, Doc.."

 

--

 

The last conversation he had with the doctor is like a huge shock for him. The headache is really killin him, forcing him to finally check it further. To think that he'll end his life in the darkness, he doesn't know if he can handle that. He doesn't know whether to regret his decision to see a doctor or just let it be. It's basically to die or to be blind. None of them is good to be honest, it is horrible! 

So here he is hopin to be better just by spending his time talking with at least someone, but then the said man seems to not in a good condition either..

"You don't look okay.." Jaejoong said.

He's sitting in a restaurant with his friends having dinner after work. The others seem to be too drunk already and there're only the two of them left conscious enough to send them home. That's indeed the plan. Jaejoong is not a type of heavy drinker, anyway.

"I just got a news from my parents." Yunho answered.

"I can tell that it's not a good news.." Jaejoong stated.

"What happened?" He asked.

They have known each other for so long and Yunho knows he cannot hide anything from the latter. So he tells him.

"My father's got a lung cancer. They hide it from me. He tried to get some treatment it's not cheap, so they got themselves some loans. God, Jae the amount is so huge. And the worst part is that now, my father is hospitalized and his condition is not good either.. I'll go there tomorrow.."

Jaejoong is stuned hearing this news. He knows his parents really well. And it is saddened him to know it. He has no parents so he knows exactly how precious they are to his life.

"Do you want me to accompany you?" He asked.

"I know you something urgent to do, it's okay.."

"Just let me know, okay? Your parents are like mine too. You know that. I'll visit them when I'm done.. I'm so sorry for your father, Yunnie. I hope he can get well soon."

He taps his friend's hand and gives him his encouraging smile.

"Thanks, Jae.."

"And you know that I'll be here if you need anything." He added.

 

--

 

So Germany? Or here in Korea? Neither of them can promise him what he wants. Then the look Yunho had before, he's a serious situation but of course, knowing the man really well, his friend won't ask any helps from him. It's his nature. To compare his problem with what Yunho has, it's both hard indeed but at least Yunho will have his family back and he himselfhas nothing to lose. He's alone anyway while Yunho has his mom who will be sad if she has tolose her husband and of course Yunho won't want to lose his father either. And of course when you see someone dear to you in a deep sadness, you'll feel it too. Jaejoong can feel it well. So he has decided of what he'll do. At least it's maybe the best for him to do..

--

 

The weather is nice if he can see it clearly. Now it's getting blurry each time. He has made a list of what he really needs to do and this is the last one. 

"Jae!" A call is heard from behind and he turns right away.

He needs to do it fast. His sight can be gone anytime, it freaks him out so many times it happens. How everything can suddenly turns to be black and once it happens, he's soo afraid he wouldn't be able to see again. So he focuses his eyes to see him, the one that dearly to his heart. He really wants to see the face he hopes he'll remember for good, an image he can recall in his darkness aside from the faces of his mom and dad.

He knows he has been delaying his own surgery for too long but he has lots to do to prepare. He has resinged from his job, he has sold his apartment and sadly his parents house and almost everything he has left to basically ready himself for his new life,  new environment..

"Thanks for coming. It's a nice day, isn't it?" Jaejoong stands up carefully.

He has measured it pretty well and practice this over and over again. He chooses this crowded beautiful place under cherry blossoms for a reason. He wants a preety memory.

He expected that Yunho will not come alone,  Jaejoong asked him to bring her along, but Yunho is there by himself. He offers his hand first and then asks him to have a seat.

"I know you should go, but I have no other time. I'm sorry." He started once they have seated together.

"To think that you've decided to stay in Japan and planning to go th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter