It doesn't work

The Randoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jaejoong is sitting with his serious face while Yunho is calmly sitting beside him. Changmin is also there taking a seat in front of them. If you know a scene where a criminal is under an investigation, it is what Changmin is like right now.

"I don't know if I can say I am totally happy about this." Jaejoong said.

"You just can't screw this up, you know that right?" Yunho stated seriously.

"I don't think it's a good idea. The first thing he did was giving her a massive headache even before they are officially together! He made her cry all night!" Jaejoong started his outburst.

"Oh God, you know if you mess this up you will also face Lee Soo Man? His father has entrusted her to him." Jaejoong asked.

"And he has passed it to me, started from her first trainee day to take care of her. I'll be also responsible if something is wrong.." Yunho added.

"I know what your ideal type is, I heard it so many times!" Jaejong accused.

"And you just believe it? Do you even think those ideal types I said also completely the truth?" Yunho asked Jaejoong instead.

Jaejoong knows that Yunho has to cover their love, and this type of questions are what that bothered them so much, at least for Yunho. Even though Yunho hates it, he has to use 'she' instead of 'he'. This one itself is torturing enough for Yunho. He hates lying. By then Jaejoong becomes softer.

"I mean that.. Yunho-ya.. She is my best friend!"

"And do you think she is not for me?" 

Right now Changmin just watch both of his hyungs arguing with each other. Seriously, he's dead tired from preparing the comeback stage for this weekend. He hasn't even had a chance to just call her. Honestly, if he cannot handle it well, he'd go insane! He is in his most sour mood but he has to participate in lots of activities, doing V-live interaction, documentaries, attending another variety show, the interviews, it is a wonder he can still be here in a whole piece with his head in check.

"We're not acting like adults right now. This is wrong. You know that they both are dear to us and we want the best for both of them." Yunho finally said.

Jaejoong slumps down back onto his seat. That time he was planning to give her a surprise visit, but what he got was the view where she's still on her bed with a pack of ice on her forehead. She couldn't even open her eyes cause she had a massive headache. He also noticed her swollen eyes! They were having a great time together the previous night so what he saw was totally unexpected. He tried to carefully asked her why or what had happened and the answer was another big surprise!

"Let me tell you this, Minnie.. She is not sure about this. She is still confused." Jaejoong said.

"I know." Changmin finally said.

He's now throwing his head to the back of the chair, finally losing all of his energy.

"That scandal news has ruined everything! I don't want this to happen, hyung! But when she disappeared, I just lost it." he continues, messaging his own forehead.

"Are you serious with this? I mean, I know you were close with many of our friends before. Victoria, Seohyun..." Jaejoong started to name them one by one.

"I know.. I don't instantly fall for her either, but I know she's always be special for us, for me. Do you remember when we're so tired and hungry in our trainee days,  being broke and not sure about our debut, then she came and treated us each a bowl of jajangmyeon? She often did that, right?"

"So it's about food?"

"Hyung..!!! Of course it's not! It's just that after so many years and all that has happened to me, I realize that she's like a home, where I can return and ease my mind. Just like TVXQ, where I can go and come to Yunho hyung, and you too.. here, together." 

Jaejoong turns his face away and Changmin knows he has touched a sensitive issue. He knows how Yunho has been trying to do his best to keep things right between them both. This is really a terrible time for Changmin to make a comeback but everything has been set. 

 

Forcing himself up from his chair, he decides to leave them and just sleep, if he can. Knowing how she is so uncomfortable with the situation, whole of things he surely has to face; the fans, the cameras, the reporters, the spotlight and bring followed, she is definitely not into those. We'll they be alright to be together? But the main thing is that, does she even has the same feeling? They are so used to be together with this 'friend' label. Maybe she has considered him as her family or even brother!

His last conversation with Lee Soo Man, and eventually her father showing that he is dead serious about this and was about to build the trust and the chemistry between them. He is gradually sharing and involving her deeper in his life, signaling that she's special, that they have more than just friendship, or at least showing her that he feels so. Things are going smoothly until the rumor came up and destroyed everything. She even went awol driving him insane! He has fallen into deep and knowing that he might lose her is hell! Things have come down to zero, and he doesn't want that. It takes years for him, and to start it all over again is too much. But he realizes that at the end, what he did before was a bad decision to make. He rushed it too much.

When he reaches his apartment though, he finds a meat-set by the door. He takes the little note glued to the plastic cover.

"Have a proper meal for your comeback. Good luck!"

The writing is too familiar and he holds it in his hands with mixed emotion. Closing his eyes tight and lets out a deep breath, he opens the door and brings the package along with him, putting it on the table. They usually spend lots of time together whenever they are reaching their comeback date. None has been done so far, and now he starts to feel stressed. 

"Darn it! Aish!!!!" he hits the armrest of the sofa, throwing himself down, trying to sleep but his eyes are wide awake.

The comeback stage is in two days, and he's nowhere near the state he should be. He knows he has to be professional but it is hard.

"Yes, hyung.." he answered his phone lazily.

"I'm sorry for what I had said, Minnie.." Jaejoong said from across the line.

"I understand, hyung."

"I guess you will also understand why she's still silent until now."

"Yes, I do."

"But you also have to know that she'll always support you, right? She just doesn't know how to face you properly now. Not until she is sure with everything."

"I don't know if I can do this, hyung.."

"No, no.. this is a crucial time for you both. This is your most important comeback after years of your hiatus. This is your moment, Minnie. People are waiting for you. Yunho needs you."

"..."

"Do you want me to accompany you there?"

"It's okay, hyung. I'll have a feast tonight. Someone has sent me a meat-set and I have the perfect wine for it."

"Arraseo. I love you, Minnie.."

"Alright, hyung. Bye."

He'll just have to enjoy it, right? He's been single long enough and he'll be busy anyway and maybe it can distract his wounded heart. It happened before. This is not the first for him to have a failure in his love life. Eventually, maybe things will be back like how it used to be. But boy, it hurts really much this time cause he's been really sure it will be the last for him. He has finally found the one and he's so ready to take the next step. It is his dream to have a family. He won't stay single forever and he has been ready with all the risks that may come..

 

 

The day for the comeback has arrived, aside from his messy heart, the excitement is definitely there. Sharing the same stage with Yunho is always be wonderful, it's his dream, his destiny. They enter the venue, posing for the fans. The cheering never fails to fire their spirit and red balloons they carry along, they remind Changmin of where he wants to belong. This is where he wanna be. He remembers the last stage he performed before starting his enlistment, wondering if he can be there again stepping his feet among the red ocean... The time has finally come, and how selfish he is to drown himself and ruining what he and Yunho have been working on so far. He feels that he's been so childish.

They are led to their waiting room meeting their juniors on the way, greeting them back. Some of them come to their room with their CDs, it is nostalgic that they were also in that same position before. How long has it been, 15 years? It is just a miracle and Changmin is so thankful for that.

"Guys, your stage is next. Get ready!"

He turns to Yunho and he takes him into his arms. This man beside Changmin, he has taken him to a wonderful journey in his life. They have been together through all of their ups and downs. They're so depended with each other. 

"Let's kill it." he said, smiling at Changmin.

By hearing the fans chanting along the song, Changmin can forget everything. They always do all out, sing their heart out, looking at Yunho to remind him the joy they always have on stage. Silently Yunho has lent him his power to encourage him doin better. He smiles at him and Changmin starts cheering himself inside. Yes, he also has someone he should pursue. He has to show the very best of him. He has to convince her, he has someone to impress.

 

They leave the stage with beaming face. Changmin always know that he loves my job. 

"Hello, Anna-yah. Thank you.." Yunho said when they arrive at their waiting room.

"You saw it? Is it good?" he asked

Silently Changmin just listens to their conversation. He knows Yunho has been stealing some glance at him along the conversation.

"The next one is Music Bank. Do you want to talk to-Oh, okay. I'll call you again later. Bye." he ended the call.

Changmin turns his face away just to avoid him. It is nice enough knowing that she saw the performance.

"She said that she loved it. We looked awesome." Yunho said.

"We have our celebration dinner tonight, you'll join us right?" He offered.

"Of course, hyung. I'm hungry."

 

The restaurant is packed with lots of people, the crews, managers, dancers, they are enjoying the meal with soju. They join them and the conversation is flowing just like that. They make lots of tosts and some of them even sing and dance. It is always loud and crowdy. 

"I'll go home early. Hyung, is that alright?" Changmin asked for his permission.

"Sure, I'll see you again tomorrow." Yunho said.

After saying good bye to the others he takes a round to the door where a car has been prepared for him. They're heading back on the road and when he is alone like this, it reminds him again to her and he'll just try to sleep it off.

"Thank you for the ride, hyung. I'll see you tomorrow." He said and went into the elevator.

His phone rings once signaling a message received. He sees the number, it's unknown, so he just ignores it and throws the phone on the bed, heading to the bathroom. A refreshing bath is maybe what he needs right now. He still has the rest of the the meat-set, He is considering to have another portion of dinner. Only wearing his pants and leaving his chest bare he heads to the fridge for some water. Turning on the stove, he puts the fan and ready to make a simple meat dish to enjoy. This is the token of her affection towards him, maybe it's her pity. Whatever.. he'll just enjoy it to the last bite and treasure it as long as he can.

Another ring and he turns again to take phone. It's Jaejoong.

"Where are you?" it's said.

"Home, Yunho is still with the others enjoying the dinner for our comeback." I replied.

"Arraseo." he answered.

He puts back my phone on the dining table and runs to the stove, thankfully it's not burnt. Cleaning the area after it's done, he takes the full plate and leaves to take the wine. Is this the one she bought him before? She has no knowledge at all about it. She told him she just asked the owner which one was the tastiest and not too bitter. She's funny. He knows she doesn't drink at all, but yet she still gives her appreciation to his hobby and even storages some of them in her house. He puts the tip on his mouth, tonight he's goin to finish this up. He'll drink it to the last drop. A ring on his door distracts him, he puts the bottle down and check who's outside.

"A package for you." The man said, he takes it after giving his sign.

It's a bottle of a fine wine, a rare one. He can make a guess of who the sender is but he doesn't wanna fly his hope too high. He finally decides to check again his phone and read the message he ignored earlier.

"You did a great job. Congratulation for your comeback ^^"

The emoticon.. Is it her? Should he call? After thinking for some time, he eventually dials the number. He's waiting with full of anticipation. But of course, it can be Siwon, or maybe Kyuhyun. It can be anyone..

"Hello?" He greeted once it's picked up.

"Hi.. Congratulation for your comeback." 

Here comes the voice he misses so much for the past few days..

"Is the wine from you? I was planning to finish the one you bought me before." He said.

"I bought it when I was away for your comeback. Do you like it? I personally asked for one that-"

"Tasty and not too bitter, I know. It's an odd request, but thanks." 

He takes a seat facing his plate and sets the bottle side by side. She must not realize it, she has just bought him the same one.

"Thanks also for the meat."

"You should eat well, you'll be busy."

This is their typical conversation, but he cannot help to feel the awkwardness now. How should he fix this?

"I heard from hyung that you saw it."

"Of course I wouldn't miss it. It's.. it's your important stage."

Don't you wanna come? Is it that hard for you to face me right now? He just cannot ask that directly.

"How was it?" He asked, he just want her to talk more.

He knows they're not gonna have a long conversation by now so he just tries to drag it longer. Hey, maybe those that have been said by Yunho was only done to console him.

"Perfect, like always." she replied, making him smile by hearing that.

He takes the bottle to drink it again, this time he has taken a glsss pouring it in then takes a bite of the meat. They should have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter