A Rival

The Randoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

--

 

Jaejoong has been living the loneliest time of his life for like months now-two moths and three days for the exact count, it's so miserable he has no desire to do anything. He'll just lay around.. watch tv.. sleep.. work.. and the same routine is repeated for another day. He even is too lazy to cook now. It's bothersome to make lots of efforts for just a one person meal.

Until one day though, while he's walking back from work he finds a little bundle of fur, dark grey one, looking just as lonely as he is. Miraculously, it meows at Jaejoong making his heart melt. That day, a new member has been added to his place. He names the cat Jiji. There are lots of new things he needs to learn about raising a cat, he often goes to a petshop, browsing, also ask his friend Heechul. A not so lonely day starts from then on..

His friendship with Yunho is like going in another hiatus. Their last conversation turns out unable to fix anything. Jae's just so busy nursing his broken self and he doesn't know about his friend aside from his thought of Yunho being busy with his girlfriend and this reality that pushes him to be a more independent man. Yunho is not his. A friend cannot own each other completely. The text messages they exchanged turn out to be so bland and soon it's stopped again just like before. Yunho is once again out of the picture.

 

Should he have one? A girlfriend?

But he doesn't have any interest in anyone somehow..

Should he even force himself to have one just so he's not that lonely? 

How pathetic is that!

 

Well, he has a number of friends like those Yunho had mentioned before. But it is different of course. He has gone with each of them once in a while but the void is still there. He really considers to have a girlfriend, he was seriously thinking to finally accept Jihyo's invitation to a party before. She told him that she would introduce him to some of her friends. But at the same day he should give his answer to Jihyo, he found Jiji, and the invitation was forgoten.

A cat is of course different from a human. It's more like a one way communication but at least Jaejoong has someone who will listen to him when he needs someone to talk to.

Well, it's still kinda sad but Jejoong is getting used to this eventually. He begins to cook again, and Jiji makes him smile now and then, specially when she's craping for his attention. He's not having his phone closely anymore, he often leaves it somewhere he even sometimes forgets to bring it to his work place. He doesn't need any alarm cause Jiji will jump on him early in the morning to wake him up. On top of all, the main reason is that now he doesn't have anyone he needs to talk to anymore, not even to send any short messages. 

 

"Oh.. I'm sorry!" Someone said. 

Jaejoong is outside, leaving his pet alone. He wants some cakes and it's Heechul idea for him to be out more often having a fresh air. Well, the plan is simple. It's a way so he can find a new friend, but how come Jae starts to talk  to a stranger out of nowhere asking if they can be friends?!

Jaejoong dust his shirt, actually, it needs to go to loundry. Half of his coffee is now moved onto his shirt, thankfully it is not hot!

"I'm really sorry. I.. what can I do?" He asked worrily.

Jaejoong looks at the man-no, he's way younger to be called a man and his face, he somehow looks like Donghae! 

"It's okay.. we cannot do anything aside to wash it anyway and I'm about to go home so that's fine." Jaejoong said finally.

Since they are completely strangers they part after that, honestly Jaejoong doesn't know what more to say. 

 

The cake turns out to be fabulous, so he goes to the shop again at the weekend. The cake is a great company together with Jiji and a list of movie he'll watch at home.

"Sorry.. oh, hi! It's you again!" Jae nearly crashes himself with someone but then he smileswhen he sees who is he crasing to.

"Annyeong.." the boy said politely, helping Jaejoong to stand properly.

Jaejoong loves boys with manner! It's a bit rare to find. It's the first click for him.

"I'm Jaejoong. Are you going somewhere?"

"Call me Sehun, hyung. I'm working at the cafe." He answered.

"You mean the one over there? I'm goin to buy a cake there!" Jae feels excited.

They go to the shop together, it's the time for Sehun's shift. Since Jae has been a fan of the shop's pastry, they often meet after that.  They start to have more talk and exchange numbers..

 

"I may not see you again here, hyung. I'm goin to quit. Actually this is my last day." He said.

Jaejoong widens his eyes. He purposedly come late today so they can head back together from the shop. They have done this before for several times.

"Really? Why? I'm sorry if I'm being so nosy.."

"It's okay, hyung.. I quit because I'll be really busy. Ehm.. actually, hyung, I'm sorry I haven't told you this, but I'm goin to make my debut soon."

"Debut?" Jae is surprised although he knows that it is not odd for a boy like Sehun with his good look to be involved in the industry.

"Yes, hyung. I'm a trainee and my group will make a debut soon."

"Trainee? Where?"

"SM."

"Whaaatttt...?! Kyaaa...!!!!"

Jaejoong squeals ignoring how high his pitch has been and how so many people turn to their side. He grabs the boy in his arms holding him tight chanting 'daebak' and 'congrats' over and over again.

Sehun doesn't even know why he can openly talk about this to the new guy. He tends to be silent but Jae's face screams sweetness and something fluffy. He's so kind and beautiful just like his unnie or even his mom. Now he starts to think that he's crazy for having this kind of thinking, but he actually enjoys the hug. He's happy for this achievement, a debut is every trainee's dream, he's over the moon! But he's also so nervous he forgets how happy he is..

"O my God! I'm a fan of Eunhae and you work at the same company! Daebak! Let me buy you something, we have something to celebrate! Are your working hours done?" Jaejoong asked.

"Yes, hyung. I'm done."

"Then forget the cake! Let's go somewhere else!" Jaejoong drags Sehun with him.

 

--

 

Sehun thinks that since Jaejoong said that he's a fan of Eunhae and knows he's at the same company, he'll ask a lot about them or even wants their signature, but he's wrong. Jaejoong is indeed a talkactive and a bit clingy, but most of his conversations involve him and his activity. He asks Sehun about his dream, his group, his school, his family, his hobby, it flows so naturally he feels like he has been knowing the man for long. Strangely, he feels comfortable being around Jaejoong.

 

On the other hand, this is like a revenge time for Jaejoong. It's not like he'll do a bad thing, no. In fact, he feels like this is the time where he can have someone he can share everything again. He even get a bit protective because the boy is still young and he has been struggling a lot.

Remembering how long Donghae and Hyukjae had spent before their debut and even the struggle they have after that, he is aware of how Sehun needs someone he can rely on, and Jaejoong wants to support him. Sehun is such a nice boy. He even let the boy  stay overnight occasionally.

The cheerful Jaejoong has been gradually back, Sehun seems not to mind with how he can be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter