The heart of a monster - fallin leaves

The Randoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The first thing captures his eyes is the high ceiling. His brain starts processing and finally concludes that first, he's not dead, which is so unexpected, then he realizes that he's still un the same room on the very same floor where a poodle of bad smelling, dark blood bothers his eyes and nose, but one more surprising fact is that he feels like he hasn't been sick or whatsoever. He feels really healthy, no dizziness aside from one caused by the blood. His body feels so light he is able to get up right away and maybe jump. This is the healthiest stare he has ever been in his entire life!

How can it be?

He looks around and he finds nothing changed. But well, somehow he feels something he cannot pin point what it is, but it leads him to upstair. His gut tells him there's something. But the blood really irks him so he grab anything that can rid it off.

Once it's done, he's back to the pool to wash his body and his clothes. When he lays himself to the barier with half of his body submerged in the water and closes his eyes, he hears voices. Is it the wind? He opens his eyes to look around, it's not blowing hard, but what is he hearing right now? The sounds of something moving, scratching each other, and soft thumps on the ground, the spalshing water that is deffdefini not coming from the pool he's in right now. What is this? For a moment he's overwhelmed and lays himself back, regulating his breath. As seconds and minutes passed by, he feels calmer, but then there's something else that bothers his senses. He feels a presence..

He knows from the very beginning that this place has an owner, but this time he really feels that this person is here. It sends a reminder that he coming back alive is must be because of someone else helping him. There's no way he'll just recover like that by himself! At this point he may seem to be silent but his mind is racing. Knowing his state right now, there's a possibility that the owner is not some kind of monster, right? If it's true, he should be a dead meat right now or even from the very beginning. This person must have somewhat of kindness at some point for doing this merit to him, right?

But then again, he's not a person who will just believe it like that, he's not that naive anymore, he has lost his trust to this world and whoever or whatever living in it. That's why he left at the first place. He's fed up, he just ran away even though he'd die because of it. He has nothing to lose, so it's better to just live like what he wants it to be, he'll decide it and take the consequences got. 

So why is he saved? Is it right to live here any longer? What if one day out of the blue he'll be taken somewhere and again trapped in that dark, loathing world he has abbandoned? 

After spending like an hour in the water, he takes the lightest piece of clothes he's been hangin to dry out, and start to walk around the house once again. His gut tells him that the presence is still here, it's somewhere in this mansion. So once again, just like the first time he got to step into this big house, he gathers his braveness to explore it, further now. There's one plave he hasn't touched before, and surely that's the one he should go to check out.

Taking the stairs up till he faces the door, he used to think that it's locked, but when he grabs it and pushes it harder, it's opened and give him a view of another set of narrow stairs hiking up with tiny windows as the only source of light between the tall walls. He climbs up slowly and carefully, ignoring the stuffy feeling that starts to haunt him until again he is faced to another door. He doubts to open it at first but he's here. 

"Hello..? Is there anyone in here?" He asked opening the door.

He knows it's a bit silly to ask that, but it's worth to try. Once he steps in though, he can feel the air is different, it's colder even it has huge window in one of the sides. He hugs himself to feel warmer but it doesn't work for his bare lower body. His clothes only cover down to almost his knees and it's not that thick. There's only one giant mirror at one of the corner on the left side of the window. He has never seen any mirror like that. It's framed with metal but shaped like a bunch of roots tied together and by looking at the color, it's an old one. But the size, it's almost as tall as Jaejoong with the length just as wide as he spreads both of his hands. 

It's so mysterious and when he sees his reflection on it, he feels like there's also someone standing right near him there, but he cannot see it. He turns right and left, checking out every part of the room. It's basically empty aside from the hige mirror. He traces all of the wall, checking if there's some hidden button he can push, one can lead him to maybe another secret place.

Who could have stayed here? There's no trace at all, it's completely clean aside from the light dust covering the floor. 

But he swears that he can feel him not being alone there. And people said lots of things, he has heard so many stories about unrealistic things and even the ones that were so absurd, including one that's said living inside the world across the mirror. So with his thumping heart, he lifts up his hand to reach it, slowly touching its surface. It's so cold, almost sends a prickly pinch feeling to the tip of his fingers. Bit it's hard and it's not like his hand is suddenly inside..

Who will live in this kind of world, hidden behind the glass wall that feels icy cold like this? He knows how miserable his life is, but he just cannot imagine himself living in that place even though he lives tgere alone asie from the torture of his relatives. It will be too lonely, too plain, emptyness is never be one in his likeble-list. What kind of people can survive in such world? Is he has plenty of missery just like he does? He recalls again how empty and cold the mansion is.

"Thank you.." he finally said, still planting his palm flat on the mirror.

"I'm sorry for barging in your house like this, but I really have no where to go. I.. I'll leave if you're mind. But.. but can I stay?" He was closing his eyes the whole time but this time, when he asked the last question, he stares deep into the mirror..

Getting no response, he pulls

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter