Untitled

The Randoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Jae's POV-

 

Awaken from the heat and sweat, I've just barely closed my eyes for five minutes after the last shower I had and it's still too hot and humid to be the perfect for a bed time. I'm sweating, my bed is not that fluffy and comfortable. The last thing that is left is to open the window, but it will give an invitation for things I don't really wanna have inside like bugs, noises, and mosquitoes.. Thinking to cover myself with my blankie but then I'll keep feelin hot.. sigh.. tossing and turning, it is gonna be another long night for me.. It shouldn't be that long though, cause I have to go early for my job. It's used to be  jobs. Previously I had to do my morning and evening job, also some extra that I did on the weekends. 

I've been thinking how I have made a crazy decision to leave my house away from my parents really early right after graduating from high school. I just really wanted to taste the outside world at that time, thinking that I have had enough saving and knew my parents would give me some support. It went well for two years but then things happened. The worst part is I have to put my study on hold this year cause I just can't afford it anymore since I am practically alone. Thank goodness that my landlord is really nice she gives me so much tolerance but still.. the electricity, the water, food, I have to still pay for that alone and God.. maybe I should try to find another place, smaller one or even share with someone. Things are not getting better, not yet, but I love this place. It's located stategically but I have to be realistic. Another half of year, and if it's still like this, I really have to move out.

Leisure time is not in my list but I still have that dream and I still have time to do what I like. I am targetting to have the job I really want but first at least I can work there in any position available. I love music, I love writing and singing, not really for dancing, and I've been applying and so far, I haven't got it. I am aiming to work in a studio making music and composing songs, but starting as an assistant or extra crew in this area is okay. Well, I am not dreaming to be an idol and joining as a trainee. I am too old and even though the idea is tempting, I won't go there.Thankfully for the short time I had in my college I know some of very nice people. Majoring in art and music, I know some who are still sometimes calling me or meeting up. From there I can get some info and even found a chance and made me work with him, my first job that can actually feed me well and I enjoy the most, an assisant. 

The job is not that difficult since they have the managers and I just do what I am told to do or help dealing with details related to the artist, like checking if they have got what they need. I will start my day early, have a meeting of what we have and what I have to pay attention too, sometimes it happens everyday, the other time I go straight to his place to pick him up and accompany him till it is over. Going back to the company if there're other issues like some changing or additional. It's still tiring but I enjoy it more.

 

But well there'll always be two sides of a story. This job has made me meet or involve with many more people that, let's just say, not as welcome and friendly like Donghae-the one suggesting me this job. There's nothing much I can do aside from just taking it and forget it as soon as it's done. I know how stressful everything can be specially at the busiest time starting from preparing a comeback, promoting, and touring. The pressure is like everywhere and from everyone but once I see him on stage, it is worth it. I am so happy that at least I have a tiny little part in it.

Ah, I miss the most important part. It's Changmin, a part of a duo named TVXQ along side with Yunho. He is the one Iam assigned to.

There's a time when I am with him for the practice he does. Passing those rooms that hardly empty each time I see them. My first encounter of witnessing their dance practice has made me stop in everything I do and got mesmerized. Those eyes, the precise moves, the charisma.. It didn't take much time to know why everyone in the company acknowledge them really well. They are the sole role model for every trainee, a goal for them to look up to in all of the area. The king, that's how people labeled them in the company.

"Where's Changmin?" 

A question gets me back to reality. Just don't tell me! Aish! I've been starstrucked again looking at him practicing! How silly! I give a bow, saying sorry and leave immediately, mentally hitting myself. That's embarashing! I was supposed to pick up Changmin cause he's been late but he's started practicing way earlier anyway. Ah..I should have be with Changmin and didn't buy his words that he'll come here by himself.

"Yah!" A shout was heard but I just pretend not to hear it and run away.

That voice is felt like still resounding on my ears, that gives me chills all over. God! It's been months but I still cannot get used to this man. Seriously. I don't know it's just too overwhelming to be so close with him. The way he looks at everything, it feels really intimidating. He has even once asked me if I was really gonna do this job earnestly seeing how fragile I might be looked in his eyes, he told me to just stop if I was not sure. You have no idea how nerve-wrecking it was for me. I was only staring down to the floor with my head low and said yes for like  maybe five times..

"Oh my, Minnie-ah!! We're waiting for you.." 

I was almost shouted seeing him already in the building just walking to my direction. Well, apart of how I still try workin on my nerve with his bandmate, my relation with Changmin goes effortlessly. It was like we're clicked right from the start and I cannot just be more thankful for it. We both like food, and he likes cooking too nowadays and me too.

"I'm sorry. I don't think I'm that late.."

"Well it is if he didn't start earlier.."

He stops and stares at me. "Really?"

I nod. "He'd been there even when I got there. I guess he wants to prepare it really well."

"It's not like it doesn't happen before. He always does that. But now it's gettin worse."

Changmin is walking with fast steps. It is understandable for sure. There are lots of group coming up in the industry, some has got the spotlight and to keep being alive in this industry they need to put more and more efforts. It is never easy but it doesn't mean it is not fun. I turn to check him and he's now smilin and lookin to be pumped up to hit the practice room. Oh well, they are full of spirit anyway.. and I will have to ready myself and not gettin distracted. Truthfully it is hard cause even if you are a fan or not, a great performance will always be great and you just can't deny it..

 

I heard about their history, how they used to be five and then the other three left. Changmin told me that the first year was the toughest for both of them but eventually they managed to stand up once again and gained the recognition. I haven't been in any of their concert but he always says that singing theor old songs is like drinking a poisonous honey. And I just do what I am allowed to do, be with him along his tiring days.

It is a night wheneverything is almost the same. It is when we are approaching the day of the tour. It is still two months ahead but still it is not lessened any of the works. I am about to reach the car to take my bag and leave for the day when I see there's someone gettin out of the car. We have finished the schedule and had our dinner. Changmin has head out home earlier. I'm at a basement of the restaurant and what surprises me is that it is Yunho. He seems to be upset. I look back at the car again and I see a figure that goes out and chases him. My alarm is on and I am practically lookin around, just makin sure that there isn't anyone watching this, or worse taking picture or recording the scene. Confused of what to do, for a moment I am just rooten to the floor with my eyes dancing around in enxiety.

What is it? What are they arguing about?

They seem not to end it anytime soon and I am gettin nervous. It is gettin really serious so I just need to brave myself just this once. I step up with trembling hands and feet and walk closer to these two.

"Yunho-ssi.. I am really sorry to interupt. But I think you both should continue this somewhere else.. I mean.. Uh.. It is not safe for both of you.. Uh.." 

And they both just happento stare at me at the same time. I feel like shrikin into ant-size. God, I think I have made a big mistake! I just bow my head and close my eyes tight.

"I'll go then. I'll call you again next time, Yun.."

The voice is so soft it is like a caress to my ears and I can see a pair of feet moving away. I look up carefully and see a glimpse of face. What a beautiful face for a male! I mean, it really suits the voice really well. I realize that I have been starung at him for long until he reaches his car when I remember another thing, there's one person left, and he's staring at me. I can feel it.

"I.. uh.. I'm sorry. I'll get goin now." I said fast, bowwing at him and then running away.

"Wait up! Yah!" He shouted but I again ignoreed him.

Taking my bag fast frim the car and head back to give the key beofre returning home for the day. 

 

"Hyung. Our company are making a holiday camp! They will have a singing contest and I know from Donghae that you're good at this. Be my partner, okay?" Changmin said all of sudden.

Okay first of all, it never crosses my mind that I'll be involved here. I don't think I'll come there honestly. It's in Hawaii, a place that even in my dream I have never visited and never tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter