The Perk of Being ...

The Randoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Talking about the perk of being me as his girlfriend, the food monster Changmin...

I've known this man for so long and I know his love for food. He seems to have unlimited appetite in filling his stomach. He eats almost everything specially those contains meat along with his drinking hobby. We're friends at first, and being one of the infamous food monster in his company, going out with him is a nice idea to solve my problem every time I need a booster for eating. Watching him eating is simply enjoyable. The way he will close his eyes the open them wide with such a face whenever something tasty hits his taste buds and how he will then devour it like it's the last day he can enjoy the meal are definitely effective for me to also put something in my mouth. Maybe I'm just like hypnotized stuffing food to my mouth, mimicing his move, unaware that I've been eating too.. 

We're getting along through food at first in fact. Even though it is bad to say it, but if you want to have a good relation with him, then one of the ways is filling his stomach to his liking. 

I sometimes also envy him and do lots of complain, how come a person with such appetite still has the killing figure everyone dying to have or to maintain! He simply said that it's just his body that didn't gain any weight however amount food he eats but I'm wrong.. definitely wrong. Try to have the routine he has and all the schedule in his hands. I'd be dying or eat tons of food if I were him. Don't mention the hellish exercises he does to keep his stamina. It's reasonable for him to have this fond for food and what he eats will be gone without any traces in his body. I literally accept that, acknowledging.

In fact, I find it really pleasant to feed him or buy him some that can make him smiling so bright despite how tired he is before. Food is one of the sources of his happiness. It's been like that for so long even up until now. I wonder if I have to ask him to choose between me or his food, will he have any difficulties in deciding to choose? 

The problem is I am not a good cook. It's so funny because ideally, as a food lover he should have chosen someone with a good cooking skill as one of the qualities but I don't have that. I am trying though. I've started to take cooking class even before we're together simply because he keeps on feeding my head with this idea of living a good life with healthy food and one of the way is to make one yourself and stop ordering the takeaways and fastfood. He sometimes cooks for me though, or brings some he has made and eats it together with me. His skill is improving a lot after his 72 hours experience working in a restaurant, you know where he did it and I won't deny that once or twice I feel inferior beside him.

"What? You're not eating?" he asked me, pointing his knife to my plate.

Okay, pointing a knife to your lover? I pout and just stir my spoon lazily.

"Have you got any idea how consuming it is to just scaling the salmon? And how much you have to pay attention in how long you put it on the hot pan, every second is counted to make perfection.."

Oh, I forget again that this is his cooking and I've been acting like a-

"Spill it." he put down his knife and fork down, stopping to eat and just staring at me.

"Nothing.." I mumbled.

His eyes are getting narrowed, and I just feel like getting caught in a headlight. Honestly I've been said that I've had gained weight lately. It never bothers me before but since I'm with him, I feel like I cannot be that careless anymore. It's okay for me to embarash myself, but not him. Well, I'm a type who can easily getting bigger and difficult to shape it back. 

"Will you date a fat girl?" I asked out of my curiosity.

"Of course, no." He answered easily.

I put my spoon on my plate and ready to stand up.

"Where are you going?" he asked, as fast as earlier.

"Finding my instructor. And just get ready to break up with me.."

He stands up with his mouth opened. It's so funny if I'm not in a bad mood. That's the first time I made that kind of line in front of him. I leave him standing there and taking my phone searching for the number I really avoid to contact. He's the killer type if I have to say it bluntly. He'll make me almost passed out, but the good part is that he's actually nice outside of our exercise hours.

"Ahhh..!!!" I screamed out loud.

I am suddenly lifted to the air  and he keeps me in his arms, carrying me bridal style. I hit his chest and ask him to put me down. He shakes his head and stares at me, keeping me in his arms.

"I can still lift you up easily, so you're not fat." he said, pecking my lips and brings me upstairs...

 

 

I cannot aslo skip talking about the perk of being me as his girlfriend, the TVXQ's Max Changmin...

I stare at the screen on my phone. It happens that I see some of the news about them and I end up here, don't know how, reading some of the comments about a picture posted when I was in one of their concerts before. It's been long since the news rose up speculating us having a suspicious reltionship and being denied by the company's official statement, and even truthfully we're dating after that controversial news, we're not officially declaring our relationship keeping it secret, but some people still cannot let it slide. Sigh.. 

'I mean that, she's just a die-hard fan who keeps following them around anywhere watching their concerts wasting her parents money for having some fun. I feel sorry for her parents. She's just a lucky jobless rich girl who has nothing productive to do aside from throwing away spendinh lots of money for her own benefit. How can Changmin even get close with this girl?!'

I put my phone aside and stare at nothing for a minute. Yeah.. I don't have any job, nothing fixed. What have I done to help my parents aside from attending some occasions on their behalf? I cannot point out something significant. Unlike him who's been working nonstop nowadays.

It's been hectic lately with their preparation for their latest concert, Circle. We barely have time together and I am totally okay with it. Once in a while I drop by to meet him in between his busy hours, and I have no problem at all. I totally understand their job, and all the details, except for this one...

I see him, in red, singing and dancing ily on the stage, in front of his thousands fans with his outstanding dancers, in this stadium, accompanied by deafening cheers filling the air. No, I still can not used to this side of him. I don't know why.. He starts ing his shirt and I cannot take it anymore to witness the scene unraveling in front of me, I turn my face away along with an even louder screams from everyone. It's like talking about his last Heaven's Day performance. Sigh... That is 'an activity' he does for his fans, only, exclusively, not for me. You know it now. You should feel happy that it's something he does only for his fans as Max, and never as Shim Changmin. Note that. I cannot even see the footage of it on Youtube or elsewhere, it's too much!

I feel a nudge from my side, Minho is grinning so wide to me. I have to let you know that he's sreaming as loud as the other fans here, literally. This fan service thing they always do to the fullest for their fans, even though I don't object it, it's not my thing.

After the concert is done, we're all heading to the backstage. I take a place where I can stand freely without bothering everyone. It's still so busy back here and I can tell even though they look tired, there's always a smile plastered on their faces. It's a success, a big one, like always. They are gathered cheering for the last time, hugging to congratulate each other with all the crews and dancers. Yeah, the dancers... I hold the bottle in my hand and just wait for them to finally free. Minho and the others have joined together congratulating them happily and taking some pictures together. I smile seeing how happy and proud they are, and of course how proud I am for them. 

"Congratulation! It's amazing as always!" I said, handing him the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter